PDA

View Full Version : Direct quote from Terrell Owens

Bill Brasky
01-24-2004, 01:05 PM
(YESTERDAY on FoxSports.com)

Owens on what other teams are on his short list:
"There are three or four teams out there. I would probably say Philly and Atlanta. Everybody wants me to come to Philly. I talked to (Ravens linebacker) Ray Lewis and he said they would love to have me, so definitely Baltimore. I would just like to go somewhere where there is a good chance of winning the Super Bowl and definitely playing with the likes of Donovan McNabb, Anthony Wright and Steve McNair. I just want to be able to do something and blossom as a receiver. I really don't feel that I have shown the people around the country what I am really capable of."

With Moulds and Owens being friends I find it interesting there is no mention of them discussing the possibility of Buffalo, but he says Ray Lewis has made a pretty good effort in getting him to come to Baltimore and playing for a crap QB in Wright. But then again, he says "Three or four teams" (Philly, Atl, Bal)... could the 4th be Buffalo?

JJamezz
01-24-2004, 01:12 PM
:lolpoint: ...playing with the likes of Anthony Wright...

Ingtar33
01-24-2004, 01:17 PM
TO won't be in Philly... the Eagles are a bunch of tightwads and their owner tries to keep them close to the NFL salary cap minimum.

Look for him to be in Atlanta with Price and Vick next year.

Bill Brasky
01-24-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by JJamezz
:As for him coming to Buffalo, you guys gotta give up this fantasy - it ain't gonna happen.

I don't think it will happen nor do I want it to happen... I just thought I heard Moulds say he was going to "talk to him" and pursuade him to come here, but there is no mention of it.

On a side note, I think its hilarious that he said this: "I just want to go somewhere where my talents can be used in an abundance... There are some good teams out there that I feel that I could fit in well with." Like his talents will go through the roof playing with Anthony Wright and Jamal Lewis.

elltrain22
01-24-2004, 02:34 PM
TO is a great, great talent, but we can get someone else, for alot cheaper, and who is alot better guy in the locker room

zone
01-24-2004, 02:40 PM
I think he is not mentioning buffalo and is going to suprise everyone when he sign.

The_Philster
01-24-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by zone
I think he is not mentioning buffalo and is going to suprise everyone when he sign.

:eek: God I hope not

don137
01-24-2004, 02:42 PM
Baltimore and Philly are 20+ million under the cap so they are in the best position to make a run at him. The question is what type of salary would he command and would a team team be willing to pay it.

zone
01-24-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by elltrain22
TO is a great, great talent, but we can get someone else, for alot cheaper, and who is alot better guy in the locker room

Great talent that wants to play hard every down, is a born leader on the field. One of the best blocking WR in the game, let alone maybee the best all around in the game.

Yea why would we want someone like this. Why would we want someone who is not afraid to get in players faces when they are playing like crap, and get them pumped up.

I think this is EXACTLY what we need! We have it on d-fense why not on offense.

Bill Brasky
01-24-2004, 04:43 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1717155

In that article he rips on Garcia. I don't know if I would really want a guy like this in the locker room, I don't think he's much of a team player.

The Natrix
01-24-2004, 05:37 PM
TO would be to much of a "luxury" signing for Buffalo in my opinion. The money can be better spent elsewhere. I'm glad he didn't mention Buffalo.

If WM and Henry are both 100% there would be no reason for TO. Buffalo's WR group is fine. Moulds was hurt and Bledsoe and the O-line made them look bad.

Bill Brasky
01-24-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
The money can be better spent elsewhere.

Buffalo's WR group is fine.

I agree. I don't think its necessary to bring in a guy like him, Moulds is our #1 and we don't need another guy in here to cause problems and argue who's getting the ball more... the offense has more important areas to deal with.

Dozerdog
01-24-2004, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by zone
Great talent that wants to play hard every down, is a born leader on the field. One of the best blocking WR in the game, let alone maybee the best all around in the game.

Yea why would we want someone like this. Why would we want someone who is not afraid to get in players faces when they are playing like crap, and get them pumped up.

I think this is EXACTLY what we need! We have it on d-fense why not on offense.

...Yeah... right.. and when Henry and Mcgahee get 40 touches a gamre, and Moulds & Reed get their dozen- Is Owens going to start *****ing he's not the focus of the offense?

He doesn't care what the team record is- he wants his 8 grabs and 130 yards a game.

Bill Brasky
01-24-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

Is Owens going to start *****ing he's not the focus of the offense?

He doesn't care what the team record is- he wants his 8 grabs and 130 yards a game.

Exactly my point. Why else would he want to play on Philly and Bal?... neither team has a good reciever.

The Natrix
01-24-2004, 05:54 PM
I never heard anyone say we should have run the ball less and passed more. Now A good number of people want TO when WM will prolly be almost 100%.

Sense this makes: None.

What, are we going to depend on the draft to shore up the O-line? Laughable.

The Natrix
01-24-2004, 05:55 PM
I wouldn't mind signing a two million dollar FA WR or a 3rd round or later WR though.

Bert102176
01-24-2004, 06:53 PM
screw the locker room cancer crap, I like what he does on the field

Bill Brasky
01-24-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Bert102176

Yeah, that's just what we need, another Flutie/Johnson situation only between Moulds/Owens...

BADTHINGSMAN
01-24-2004, 10:49 PM
Some times the best thing for great friends, is to move in there seperate ways.. TO/Moulds are very good friends.. Friendships have to come into this deal.. Would TO and Moulds want to put a great friendship on the line just to be teammates?? If Buffalo signs TO and thats there FA prize, then what happens when the holes that should have been filled leak again??

IMO Id like Buffalo to pick up an OL or 2 via FA and use the draft for filling more holes and for depth..

Dozerdog
01-24-2004, 10:59 PM

OK-- why pay a second WR insane money if the team is going to run the ball?

Tatonka
01-24-2004, 11:10 PM
OK-- why pay a second WR insane money if the team is going to run the ball?

O O O... i know the answer..

um...

you don't!

did i win?

Dozerdog
01-24-2004, 11:15 PM
Yes!

Carrol Merril- show him what's behind curtain #3!
http://www.letsmakeadeal.com/images/70s-Doors.jpg

Tatonka
01-24-2004, 11:16 PM
:lol:

Demon
01-24-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by JJamezz
:lolpoint: ...playing with the likes of Anthony Wright...

I'd take Kyle Boller over Drew Bledsoe any day of the week.

The_Philster
01-24-2004, 11:26 PM

Do you mean signing autographs after plays or do you mean prancing about like a jackass in the middle of the field? :idunno:

Demon
01-24-2004, 11:48 PM

Couldn't agree more. He is selfish and prefers stats/money then wins. I don't think he is dumb enough to mock the Bills if we're winning and he isn't getting much ball, but if we're playing well and lose say 2 in a row, i guarantee you he would open his big mouth and bash the coaching staff and Bledsoe and even though our record would be still good but we're on a skid, and since he decided to bash the team and not help us get on track, our good record would be wasted and we'd lose more and then lose the first playoff game, if not miss the playoffs all together.

And besides, with Moulds being so close to him, if Owens bashes our QB or coaching staff, Moulds would back him, maybe not with the media, but in the locker room.

It's much better for the team if we just not get Owens IMO.

McClane
01-25-2004, 12:55 AM
Anyone who wouldn't want TO on this team is either lying or insane....

Bill Brasky
01-25-2004, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Demon

I'd take Kyle Boller over Drew Bledsoe any day of the week.

WOW!... unreal...

Cntrygal
01-25-2004, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by McClane

I'm :insane: , because I don't want him.

The_Philster
01-25-2004, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by McClane

Originally posted by Cntrygal
I'm :insane: , because I don't want him.

I'm insane as well...because as far as I'm concerned, loudmouth headcases like TO are not Buffalo material. Besides, if we were to have two WRs getting such high dollars as TO would demand, we'd have kept Peerless.

zone
01-25-2004, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Demon
Couldn't agree more. He is selfish and prefers stats/money then wins.

So was Price and he worked out ok.....

What some people don't understand is probably 90% of the players in the NFL are the exact same way, some of them are just trained so well on what to say to the media, we never really know what there thinking. Some let there emitions get the best of them. I think E.moulds could keep T.O. in check. I garentee if we signed T.O. today that most of you would be secretly happy.

Trust me I am not all about that ME first garbage, I just think there are more of them in the NFL then we all would like to believe. i.e. A.Winfield.

honey
01-25-2004, 07:44 AM
Maybe Denny Green will pick him up for the Cards. After all, he took Randy Moss and Chris Carter when no one else wanted them. RM has settled down somewhat, and CC was great. :)

Bill Brasky
01-25-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by honey
Maybe Denny Green will pick him up for the Cards. After all, he took Randy Moss and Chris Carter when no one else wanted them. RM has settled down somewhat, and CC was great. :)

I don't think that will happen. He won't go there cuz Arizona sucks. Plus they already have Boldin and are going to develop him into one of the premier guys in the league.

honey
01-25-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by jfreeman
I don't think that will happen. He won't go there cuz Arizona sucks. Plus they already have Boldin and are going to develop him into one of the premier guys in the league.

Yeah, you're probably right - was just a thought. :D

BuffaloRanger
01-26-2004, 10:02 AM
Why would the Bills want TO when they have Moulds, Henry, and WM?

Flexiblity.

Mismatches.

Star Power = more national TV games.

It's not like the Bills are only going to be passing 10 times a game. They'll be plenty of passes for everyone.

Price covered up alot of Bledsoe's flaws by giving him a 2nd target that could get open consistently, thus he got rid of the ball faster. But even with Price he got sacked over 50 times.

The best way to improve the offense is 2 stud interior linemen.

I always hated TO. I don't think he is MMs or TDs type of player.

But if he is added, and the Bills can still improve the line, then the Bills have the most potent offense in football. That's not bad.

The Spaz
01-26-2004, 10:04 AM
Just lay off the TO talk it's not going to happen period.

HenryRules
01-26-2004, 05:40 PM
Does anyone know what the cap hits are on Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt? St. Louis has been keeping 2 #1 receivers on their team for a while and they seem to be having rather successful seasons.

juice
01-26-2004, 06:03 PM
Tory Holt has been the best reciever in the league over the past couple of years. ACC PRODUCT

Mr. Cynical
01-27-2004, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by HenryRules
Does anyone know what the cap hits are on Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt? St. Louis has been keeping 2 #1 receivers on their team for a while and they seem to be having rather successful seasons.

For those that want TO in Buffalo....this a good example of probably the only successful team that has this scenario. The KEY? Listen to each of them speak.

PROFESSIONAL.

RESPECTFUL.

TEAM PLAYER.

Three things that TO doesn't have has inside that super-selfish, egotistical, me-me-me melon of his.

Anyway, I'm sleeping well knowing that he won't be in Buffalo. No way he passes up a Vick or McNabb for a Bledsoe and a strong running game.

HenryRules
01-27-2004, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by kal123

For those that want TO in Buffalo....this a good example of probably the only successful team that has this scenario. The KEY? Listen to each of them speak.

Raiders and Steelers were also successful with 2 really good receivers.

I can't think of too many teams that have had 2 #1's and not been successful

Kelly The Dog
01-27-2004, 09:26 AM
I think the me first perception of TO is way, way, way overblown and the only reason people think it is because TO as a guy doesnt give a **** what people say. He isnt diplomatic. Every single one of those top receivers thinks they're the greatest and wants the ball every play and I'm damn glad that they do. Watch TO. He BLOCKS. That shows you better than any word out of any mouth that he is a player and isnt just me first. Plus, Moulds is a #1 receiver, one of the best in the league and HE isn't threatened by TO wanting the ball and being me first. The fact that Moulds likes him and wants him and is going as far as to lobby for him makes me comfortable. TO is all about media because he's a cocky guy. When he is on the field, he's awesome and he makes plays and he tries his ass off 99.9% of the time.

ublinkwescore
01-27-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
Why would the Bills want TO when they have Moulds, Henry, and WM?

Flexiblity.

Mismatches.

Star Power = more national TV games.

It's not like the Bills are only going to be passing 10 times a game. They'll be plenty of passes for everyone.

Price covered up alot of Bledsoe's flaws by giving him a 2nd target that could get open consistently, thus he got rid of the ball faster. But even with Price he got sacked over 50 times.

The best way to improve the offense is 2 stud interior linemen.

I always hated TO. I don't think he is MMs or TDs type of player.

But if he is added, and the Bills can still improve the line, then the Bills have the most potent offense in football. That's not bad.

and that would equal us
:machgun: Dolphins, pats and Jets

elltrain22
01-27-2004, 02:47 PM
TO will be going to Baltimore, Phily, or Atlanta, and thats it. He is not coming to Buffalo, and it is just as well. We will address our WR position, but not w/ a guy who will break our bank.

Captain gameboy
01-27-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by juice
Tory Holt has been the best reciever in the league over the past couple of years. ACC PRODUCT

Like other ACC receivers, Billy McMulliin and Sam Aiken?

madness
01-27-2004, 03:49 PM
All most of you know about TO is what you see in the media. If you believe everything the media says, then your pretty gullible.

TO just wants to win, plain and simple. The media takes things out of context than people fall for it hook, line and sinker. That whole crap with Garcia is a perfect example.

How many players in the NFL answer at least half a dozen posts from his fans almost every day? That's how SELFISH he is, right?

God forbid we would want someone who speaks his mind and stands up for what he believes and has the desire/passion to be the best.

Take a minute and read what he has to say before you go judging him. If you still don't like him then that's too bad cuz I'd take him on my team anytime.

TO's Statement (http://www.terrellowens.com/press/news.php?newsid=27)

Tatonka
01-27-2004, 04:30 PM
why are we still talking about him? he will not be here.. no way no how.

The Spaz
01-27-2004, 04:36 PM
I know!:dizzy:

The_Philster
01-27-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by madness23
All most of you know about TO is what you see in the media. If you believe everything the media says, then your pretty gullible.

so it was the media that had him make an ass of himself in Dallas and made him use the Sharpie in the middle of the game? :scratch:

helmetguy
01-27-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
so it was the media that had him make an ass of himself in Dallas and made him use the Sharpie in the middle of the game? :scratch:

Yeah. It had to be. You see, he was talking with Warren Sapp, who said that the slavemaster owners make them cover their faces on the field so, in order to market themselves effectively, they have to make an ass of themselves so they'll get noticed. Then, it just so happens that some burned out Madison avenue type is sitting in his livingroom on Sunday afternoon; mulling over the fact that he hasn't sold a major ad campaign and is due to be fired. In frustration, he calls up Joe Horn-thinking he has reached Keyshawn Johnson-and threatens to kill him. Horn. of course, conveys this message to his friend Keyshawn....

Yep! The media made him do it!

The_Philster
01-27-2004, 06:19 PM
:lol: You put too much thought into that one.

helmetguy
01-27-2004, 06:22 PM
:lol: You put too much thought into that one.

Not really. I just started typing, and the sarcasm just simply erupted!

madness
01-27-2004, 07:01 PM

So it would be okay if Moulds ended up doing the cell phone thing? Moulds wouldn't make an ass out of himself though, because he's a Bill. The only reason he didn't do it, was because somebody beat him to it. Everyone that wasn't a Bills fan in 90's thought our whole team was a bunch of asses, especially TT. But that was okay because we were winning, right?

I know TO isn't coming here and I'm glad. We don't need someone of that caliber. I'm happy being subpar.

I think most of you are just jealous because NFL players are getting paid and having fun at the same time.

By the way, the more you talk about him, the more publicity he gets. The more publicity he gets, the more $ he gets. So keep talking trash. TO appreciates it!

Dozerdog
01-27-2004, 07:06 PM
If Moulds pulled that stunt on a 6-10 team going nowhere- I'd think he was a complete ass as well.

The_Philster
01-27-2004, 07:08 PM
If Moulds pulled that stunt on a 6-10 team going nowhere- I'd think he was a complete ass as well.

same here. I guess we were spoiled by having Marv Levy...who didn't put up with head cases.

helmetguy
01-27-2004, 07:14 PM
I would have been just as harsh on Moulds had he done the same as TO or Horn. I'm also very aware that there were a ton of egos on those Bills' teams of the '90's; but none who manifested them anywhere close to the degree of those just mentioned.

I'm happy for you if you are content to be sub par, madness. Perhaps, you would prefer we re-hire Gregg Williams and his cast of idiots? Then we would REALLY be sub par, as we have all just witnessed. TO is, indeed talented. Then again, so was Ronnie Harmon. BTW, Thurman Thomas displayed more class on the field than TO and Horn COMBINED could ever imagine.

madness
01-27-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
I'm happy for you if you are content to be sub par, madness. Perhaps, you would prefer we re-hire Gregg Williams and his cast of idiots? Then we would REALLY be sub par, as we have all just witnessed.

Sorry if you misunderstood me. I was just being sarcastic. I don't think there's an outstanding athlete in any sport that hasn't done or said something that caused a controversy. I'm surprized this is all coming from Bills fans too.

The one of the greatest players in Bills history is a suspected murderer and I still see his picture in peoples avatar.

There was only one person in human history that was without fault. That person never pointed out anybody elses. What gives you the right?

Ice_Cube
01-27-2004, 07:40 PM
Owens going to Atlanta...

BOOOOHK IT!

madness
01-27-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Ice_Cube
Owens going to Atlanta...

BOOOOHK IT!

I think that's where he's going to end up too.

helmetguy
01-27-2004, 08:07 PM
You're probably right, madness. However, there are very few who invite controversy. I detect a bit of hypocracy here as well. The right I have to criticize TO is the very same right that allows you to criticize another for having a "suspected" murderer in his avatar.

Ice_Cube
01-27-2004, 08:19 PM
Arthur Blank seems like a new guy to the business, and wants a dominating Offense. Duckett + Dunn + Vick + Price + Owens + Finneran looks like an impressive Defense. Since Arthur has been Owner, they have not made many moves on Defense. However, with McKay as GM, we'll see if he goes back to his Tampa days, and lives off Defense.

juice
01-27-2004, 09:00 PM
Sorry if you misunderstood me. I was just being sarcastic. I don't think there's an outstanding athlete in any sport that hasn't done or said something that caused a controversy. I'm surprized this is all coming from Bills fans too.

The one of the greatest players in Bills history is a suspected murderer and I still see his picture in peoples avatar.

There was only one person in human history that was without fault. That person never pointed out anybody elses. What gives you the right?

So a Crooked LAPD makes a man found NOT-GUILTY, a man supected of murder a decade later.

Even more we should all care enough about the trial a decade later, soo much that it should influence us not to acknowledge a brillient carreer, and all time great single season rushing mark in history?

Baltimore fans seem to be able to move past the history of an active player, Why cant Bills fans let history be in the books and let Not-Guilty be in the past?
What gives you the right to point out my Avatar, Bills history should be preserved, not reserved to poular opinion.

"OJ running left, OJ five more" G.O.A.T

Mr. Cynical
01-28-2004, 03:32 AM
I don't think there's an outstanding athlete in any sport that hasn't done or said something that caused a controversy. I'm surprized this is all coming from Bills fans too.

To name a few...

NHL: Wayne Gretzky
MLB: Cal Ripken Jr.
NBA: Larry Byrd
NFL: Walter Payton, Joe Montana

Yeah, they definitely caused ridiculous, self-serving controversy just like TO. :rolleyes:

madness
01-28-2004, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by juice

What gives you the right to point out my Avatar, Bills history should be preserved, not reserved to poular opinion.

"OJ running left, OJ five more" G.O.A.T

Sorry, for the misunderstanding. I'm not critizing anybody for that. I was just pointing the facts out. Just saying people shouldn't throw stones...etc. I have nothing against OJ, I too admire his career. Actually, I don't care if he did it or not. Judgement day for him will decide, for everything is written in the Book of Life. Just ticks me off people want to judge someone's character on what they see and hear from the media. Lets persecute someone just because he took out a marker and signed a football. Go figure.

juice
01-28-2004, 10:09 AM
OJ the player does not have to be synonymous with Juice the Ripper reguardless of anyones opinion of his guilt.

Sorry, for the misunderstanding. I'm not critizing anybody for that. I was just pointing the facts out. Just saying people shouldn't throw stones...etc. I have nothing against OJ, I too admire his career. Actually, I don't care if he did it or not. Judgement day for him will decide, for everything is written in the Book of Life. Just ticks me off people want to judge someone's character on what they see and hear from the media. Lets persecute someone just because he took out a marker and signed a football. Go figure.

TO choses to market himself this way, then fine him and move on. A head case is a player that doesn't give 100% and takes plays off. If TO can be critisized for anything it is being too intense.

thenry20
01-30-2004, 05:09 AM
I agree with most of you here.

We need help elsewhere such as at DT and DE. Pat and Sam are studs and Shoebel hasn't been embarassing himself but we need depth badly.

Moreover, since Wire isn't progressing and Milloy is aging, we need safety help.

Need isn't more glaring than at the O-line given what some of them did this year. Drew rarely had more than 2 seconds to pass the damn ball. Our RB's aren't picking up blitzes either.

I don't want to hear about "injuries" either.

Throne Logic
01-30-2004, 06:45 PM
OK, I don't give a crap about the marker issue. It was dumb, but hey, it wasn't a bad thing that he did.

Now, could he co-exist with Moulds? I think he could, actually. Buffalo is a smaller stage than San Fran, and he'd probably mellow out just a tad.

Do I think he'd be good for Buffalo's team? Hmmm. There is the big question. No. I think he'd cause two major problems:

1) We'd be pretty much out of CAP room after signing him.

2) Two superstar receivers would almost guarantee that Mularky and company would have to focus on the pass instead of the run / pass balance this team so desperately needs. Bledsoe would again be under too much pressure and everything would go to hell . . . again.

In conclusion, I don't have a problem with TO's attitude. I just don't believe that his CAP number and abilities fit with the rest of the situation currently in Buffalo.

Mr. Cynical
01-31-2004, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Throne Logic
Buffalo is a smaller stage than San Fran, and he'd probably mellow out just a tad.

Actually I think the smaller stage would drive him to leave in 2 years for lack of press coverage and Monday night appearances. He isn't one to be happy without a spotlight as we've seen throughout his career. Contrast that with Moulds who seems to do just fine with the "smaller stage" (as evidenced with his signing that long term contract a year or so ago)