PDA

View Full Version : If you are the Patsies

Dozerdog
01-24-2004, 05:09 PM
Would you trade up to get Jackson or Jones? ?

You have 2 #1 pics (22 & 32) 2 #2 picks (52 & 64) and a #3 (96)

If you were Buffalo, would you give up the #13 for

the 22nd and 64th picks

or

32, 52, and 96th picks?

shelby
01-24-2004, 05:11 PM
:dizzy:

Tatonka
01-24-2004, 05:26 PM
no and yes..

i wouldnt trade up to get either.. because of the other good rbs out there.. like greg jones and perry.

and there is a chance that jackson makes it down to their first pick.

if i where buffalo.. i would take the 2 first rounder trade... possibly the first, second and third.

The Spaz
01-24-2004, 05:28 PM
Greg Jones and Chris Perry will still be there at 32 IMO.

don137
01-24-2004, 06:13 PM
I think if NE has one or two RB's in mind and they are worries the guy they want may be gone then they be up for a trade.
As far as Buffalo goes, I would not object to trading for their first #1 (20 I believe) and one of there seconds. Buffalo has many needs and they shoud be able to get the guy they want at 20...

Ickybaluky
01-24-2004, 10:15 PM
I believe NE actually has the #21 pick. Their other pick in the first round will either be #31 or #32 (based on the outcome of the Super Bowl).

As for the other picks, I think the Miami pick is #57 overall, and then they have the #63 or #64.

Their 3rd round pick is #95 or #96.

They also have a middle4th round pick, #113 from New Orleans, along with their own in that round (#127 or #128).

Tatonka
01-24-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by NE39
I believe NE actually has the #21 pick. Their other pick in the first round will either be #31 or #32 (based on the outcome of the Super Bowl).

As for the other picks, I think the Miami pick is #57 overall, and then they have the #63 or #64.

Their 3rd round pick is #95 or #96.

They also have a middle4th round pick, #113 from New Orleans, along with their own in that round (#127 or #128).

you think you go RB early? and do you think moving up is a possibility?

Demon
01-24-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Greg Jones and Chris Perry will still be there at 32 IMO.

I agree, Chris Perry i think will be still there for New England to take, he will be over looked but will be one of the best RB's this draft has to offer. Anthony Thomas is pretty solid for Chicago and everyone i heard is saying Perry is much better then Thomas.

Ickybaluky
01-25-2004, 07:20 AM
It is hard to predict, but based on past behavior the Pats have shown they are likely to move on a number of picks. They are very active during draft day when it comes to trades-moving up, down or trading for future picks.

As for moving up, they will do so if they think they have to in order to get a player they target. They did it is 2002 when they gave up their 1st and 3rd round picks to move from #32 to #21 in order to get the TE they wanted (Dan Graham). They also gave up a 4th last year to move up one slot (#14 to #13) and get Ty Warren.

That said, they have never made drafting a RB a high priority, despite it being a need for several seasons. They reportedly were interested in Ladainian Tomlinson a few years back when they had the #6 (they ended up picking Richard Seymour after Tomlinson went off the board), but other than that seem more likely to look at middle round picks or go after free agents.

If the Pats feel there is a guy there and they want him, I have no doubt they will trade up to get him, no matter the position. However, I don't know if there is a guy out there they like that much, especially at RB. It wouldn't surprise me if they address RB with more middle-round picks and free agents, even though I might prefer they get a top guy. It just seems like WR (where they have passed on opportunities to draft guys high in order to take WR in the 2nd round-Deion Branch and Bethel Johnson), the Pats think they can get a RB out of the first round.