PDA

View Full Version : post senior bowl revised dream draft

shadowfax
01-24-2004, 11:09 PM
1. trade down with the vikes who fall in love with de angelo hall and don't want to lose him. they give us their 1st and their 3rd and we give them our 7th. we steal Phil Rivers right out from under the dolphin's noses. Something about this kid. He has winner written all over him. He's one of those guys who just gets it done in big games. No better way to deflate the fins than to steal Marino's Big Hope.

2. Darnell Docket, Devery Henderson or Ben Troupe
3. Madieu Williams or Ben Watson, depending on 2.

Etc.

Tatonka
01-24-2004, 11:14 PM
while i really like rivers.. i mean really like him.. i still dont know i want him in the first round... if we were able to trade down and pick up a second rounder that we could use on carey or grove, then i would be ok with it...

the good news is if kiper says the dolphins are going to pick him.. it is almost guarenteed that he wont be a fin.

Devin
01-24-2004, 11:14 PM
great QB, not a 1st rounder.

Tatonka
01-24-2004, 11:15 PM
it is also bull**** that the guy is considered a 3rd rounder for months, while he is kicking ass in the regular season.. then he has a great bowl game and goes to a 2nd rounder.. then a good senior bowl and moves to a first rounder.. whatever.. why couldnt the ***** just play crappy for us.. doesnt he want to be a bill? :snicker:

The Spaz
01-24-2004, 11:20 PM
Dream drfat assuming we get another 2nd Rnd. Pick

1.Vernon Carey
2A.Jake Grove
2B.Phillip Rivers
3.Ben Watson:snicker:

:drool: Make it happen TD and TM!:snicker::up:

Tatonka
01-24-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Dream drfat assuming we get another 2nd Rnd. Pick

1.Vernon Carey
2A.Jake Grove
2B.Phillip Rivers
3.Ben Watson:snicker:

:drool: Make it happen TD and TM!:snicker::up:

hey.. thats mine! :chuk: ... you theif!

:D

The Spaz
01-24-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

hey.. thats mine! :chuk: ... you theif!

:D

Mine!:ko: :woot:

jchild178
01-24-2004, 11:26 PM
i saw rivers play today and i was very impressed, i wouldnt complain if we got him in the first round...by the way, Spaz i love your video of greg jones man!

Tatonka
01-24-2004, 11:26 PM
ok.. but mine is almost the same.. you just moved rivers up.. and traded watson for lavalais.. i still want CL more.

Originally posted by Tatonka
I am sure this will change 100 times before the draft.. here goes.

*note - I am assuming that Sean Taylor will be long gone, as there is a possibility that he may go as early as first overall to San Diego... if by some grace of God he fall near spot number 10.. you have to move up and grab him.. but it is getting more and more unlikely that it could happen. Plus, wet dreams never come true, and ST would be the equivelant of my football wet dream.. :up: So, with that in mind..

1st round pick- TRADE DOWN - selection Guard Vernon Carey

With someone like Udeze still on the board, Minnesota makes a trade and give up their second round pick, to go with their first rounder at spot number 19. We move down and take Guard Vernon Carey. A guy that could help solidify the right side of our line immediately. Another guy to consider here would be Michael Clayton WR from LSU or Quarterback J.P. Losman. Clayton would fit well with his buddy Reed. A Losman pick would change the third round options, but he has done well at the senior bowl so far, showing a live arm and accuracy. Either pick would probably piss Miami off as well, since they are probably eyeing both need positions. :snicker:

2nd round pick - selection Center Jake Grove

All stud center from Virginia Tech. By far the best center in the draft, and easily compairable to Jeff Faine selected last year in the late first round by cleveland, just before we grabbed McGahee. He is mean, nasty, rough, and smart.. not to mention strong, fast (for a big man), and agile. He can do it all, pull, run block, and pass block. This fills all our needs on the line with the previous Carey pick. Another guy to consider at this spot would be Stuart Schweigert, safety from Purdue. Ball hawk, smart, fiesty.. Kurt Shultz type.

2nd round pick - selection Defensive Tackle Chad Lavalais

My boy from LSU. I have been hyping this guy all offseason and i am not gonna quit now. The guy has been performing great at the Senior Bowl, which is no surprise, because he has been doing it for 4 years at LSU. He would learn from 2 of the best and be an immediate impact on pass rushing downs with his knack for penetrating the line, much like Pat Williams. Another guy to consider here would be Isaac Sopoaga, DT from Hawaii. He is really coming on in the senior bowl practices this week. quoted as looking like a man among boys. He can collapse a pocket and is as good at penitration as he is run stuffing.

3rd round pick - selection Quarterback Phillip Rivers

My favorite qb in the draft from NCSt. It is a definate possibility that the guy goes in the second round, but just call it a gut feeling. I think that enough teams will be worried about his mechanics to let him fall some. The reports from the senior bowl are questioning his timing on deep routes.. I find that funny, considering he is throwing to guys he has never played with before. I hope his stock keeps coming down. I wouldnt consider it a far stretch to see him here at this pick. If he is gone by the 3rd round, this pick becomes Josh Harris, quarterback from Bowling Green, who should definately be available at this point. If a qb is taken in the first round, the pick becomes Guard Shannon Snell, who is a run blocking beast, and with McNally's tutoring, has all the phyical skills to be a great pass blocker as well.

this solves our DL and OL line issues, bar LDE, which I think may be better suited with a free agent pick up and a hope that Kelsay keeps developing. There are no DE's, other than Udeze, who is a potential pick more than a stats pick, that are worth taking early, imho. This draft will also resolve our "who's the qb of the future" debate too.. but should provide for some lively "should we bench drew" debates during the season... which are likely to come regardless of if we draft a qb or not :snicker:...

anyways.. comments are always welcome. :knock:

The Spaz
01-24-2004, 11:28 PM
Mine!:up::beer:

NC-BILLS44
01-25-2004, 09:39 AM
I've been saying all along that Rivers just knows how to play the game. 5 bowl games and he's the MVP of all of them. Kind of tells you something, doesn't it?
I don't care how we get him, but we would have a future starter with him on the roster. Certainly is better than AVP and Brown. And for all the Josh Harris fans, do you really want him now?

elltrain22
01-25-2004, 09:36 PM
1. Rivers
2. Rivers
3. Rivers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get him in a Bills unie TD. it would be nice to get a good DE or oline man if that doesn't happen.

juice
01-25-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by NC-BILLS44
I've been saying all along that Rivers just knows how to play the game. 5 bowl games and he's the MVP of all of them. Kind of tells you something, doesn't it?
I don't care how we get him, but we would have a future starter with him on the roster. Certainly is better than AVP and Brown. And for all the Josh Harris fans, do you really want him now?

Best kept secret, ACC football recruiting. We(Bills) should establish recruiting ties within the ACC, for too long some of the best athletes in the country have been ignored by the NFL because of a lack of national TV coverage.

mypoorfriendme
01-26-2004, 12:57 AM
i would post something but theres nothing i can add to whats already been said....uh.....YEAH!!!!