PDA

View Full Version : tatonka don't start none won't be none....

Bmax
01-25-2004, 02:07 AM
Static as The godfather james brown would say.... First of all... i'm not your dude or anyone you should be referring to as dude...

And it just amazes me that when someone critizes someone's post they have to respond in a negative manner....Sure we may disagree but why be like a dolphin fan and go there ...I guess some people never grow up ...All that was needed from you was a jack webb response .. Oh maybe your too young ...(just the facts)....End of post ....

But no you had to go there ...CAPS NEEDED HERE....

WHY ? BECAUSE PEOPLE THAT CAN'T DEFEND THEMSELVES ALWYAS ATTACK....iT'S EASY FOR SOME TO USE THEIR CPU TO SAY A OFF THE WALL ....COWARDLY STATEMENT ...PUT THEM IN PUBLIC AND THEY WON'T HAVE JACK TO SAY SO WATCH YOURSELF....

Learn to show some respect.......I never have dissed anyone on the bills zone...What ever they say about rivers (danny wurrfel jr ) That's their opinon ...But when they want to get personal

That's where i drew the line ....So remember that the next you feel that you can tell (by posting ) someone to get off your nuts..

I ain't the one ....tonk trust me on that ....

And by the way your still wrong... what is an impact .. it's debatable...

If williams catches 45 for 700... and 5 tds.....i think that's a big enough impact....PLUS your failed to even remember the main reason for going after the guy ...Moulds huge upcoming salary and age plus the fact he had leg injuries in the past...

DRAFTING A WR OVER A GUARD WOULD MAKE MAKE MOST OF THE TRUE BILLS FANS HAPPY...

PEACE

Bmax

:horn:

Tatonka
01-25-2004, 04:31 AM
are you done?

did you really feel the need to start a pointless thread for this jibberish about what "most bills fans" would be happy about...

while i am sure that it may make you happy to have a 1st round pick spent on a receiver that would be 3rd string at best, but more likely fourth string and catch a solid 200 yards and 1 td.. while our qb is getting the crap kicked out of him.. how bout you dont presume to know what "most bills fans" would be happy with.

there are tons of wrs available this year in the draft.. one of the deepest wr drafts in a long time.. wasting a pick on a wr in the first round.. especially when we should be moving to the run oriented team that we were promised last year.. would just be a genius idea.. as long as you have no hopes of actually winning this year.

you want to point out boldin, and i was trying to say that there are a million other guys that didnt do crap, even though they were supposed to be "impact" guys..

and the best part about your example is that boldin was not even a first round pick.. let alone the 13th overall..

moulds contract is very cap friendly, if you care to take a look at it.. and he is 30.. he still has at least 3 - 4 more years left.. and his previous leg injury?? are you kidding? yeah.. a slightly torn groin.. he is done for sure. :rolleyes:

you were giving me grief about my "theory" needing to be backed up with something.. i thought i backed it up well.. then you went on to post in a couple other threads about how i wanted the next bledsoe (navarre) to be our qb and what not.. when you obviously didnt read my post.. and then assumed that i never watched williams play, saying that my post was bogus...

anyways.. thanks james brown.. i am going to bed..

:banned:

Billzz
01-25-2004, 05:31 AM
Either of you ever heard of a PM?

shelby
01-25-2004, 06:10 AM
:huddle:

If we all agreed on everything, it would be boring around here.
Just argue your point of view respectfully.
:up:

RedEyE
01-25-2004, 06:11 AM
Dude, where's my WR

http://www.daddymonkey.com/images/dude2.jpg

Now why don't you dudes kiss and make up?

http://members.lycos.co.uk/beautifulthing/dude/dude004.jpg

zone
01-25-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
while i am sure that it may make you happy to have a 1st round pick spent on a receiver that would be 3rd string at best, but more likely fourth string and catch a solid 200 yards and 1 td.. while our qb is getting the crap kicked out of him.. how bout you dont presume to know what "most bills fans" would be happy with.
:bf1:

The_Philster
01-25-2004, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Bmax

That's funny...you were being sarcastic, weren't you? :scratch:

Jan Reimers
01-25-2004, 08:15 AM
What's really funny is that WR and O line are both positions where players generally take 2-3 years to develop into solid starters. The chances of a WR or OG/C making an impact THIS SEASON may be equally remote.

If you want an immediate impact guy, think defense.

That said, we need the most help in the interior of the O line. We're so weak at RG and C that perhaps a high draft pick COULD have an impact there, simply by default.

The Spaz
01-25-2004, 08:29 AM
I am a true Bills fan.......:cry:

The Natrix
01-25-2004, 08:30 AM

:rofl:

maybe those who watched like 4 games or just bought into what the national media said about losing P. Price.

Breaking news: The O sucked WITH Peerless during the second half of the 02-03 season.

:boom:

Billz_fan
01-25-2004, 08:45 AM
We need OL before we need WR.

What good are more recievers if your QB can't get his feet set before he has D linemen in his face ?

Not to even mention we learned this season from GW that our starting center was inept as snapping the ball in a shotgun formation :rolleyes:

Dozerdog
01-25-2004, 10:04 AM
The team will pick the talent best suited for the pick.

If there is a WR worthy of the 13th pick there, they won't select an OL man "Just because" we need them. If there is a 1st round OL man available, then they might go that route. But they won't grab an OL-man with second or third round talent in the first because it's a bigger need.

That's how we ended up with Josh Reed. He was graded as a 1st round talent and was there in Rd 2. Sure we needed DL help, (and even a QB at the time-DB wasn't a Bill yet) but none worthy of the 36th pick were there.

Of course, everyone is enamoured with trading down- but in a deep draft here has to be a player someone covets. The "Special "players- Manning, Gallery, Taylor, Fitzgerald, Maybe Winslow- will probably be all gone before the 13th pick- So I can't imagine them dealing with the Bills to get them.

There are so many good WRs, RBs, QBs, and DBs in this draft (And DBs in FA) no ne is going to pay very heavilly to move up to get them.

I guess what I'm saying is I think teams will be less inclined to trade up and give a valuable pick up in this season's draft

Devin
01-25-2004, 11:02 AM
lol WTF!

Tatonka
01-25-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Devin
lol WTF!

that is pretty much what i said when i saw a post w/ my name in the title.
Originally posted by Billzz
Either of you ever heard of a PM?

your right..

originally, i just typed are you done.. and ended the post.. then i got pissed that this guy was questioning me in a couple different threads.. then made this mostly unreadable post for everyone to see instead of pming me.. so i just answered him.

call me a child.. my wife will agree. :snicker:

Tatonka
01-25-2004, 11:09 AM
i does seem obvious thought the Mr. Bmax is not as right as he thinks he is about what "most bills fans" want.

The Spaz
01-25-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i does seem obvious thought the Mr. Bmax is not as right as he thinks he is about what "most bills fans" want.

He's very very wrong!:down:

The Natrix
01-25-2004, 11:31 AM
Aiken last year, Reed the year before. Have some ****ing patience.

When did Moulds and Price start producing?

Morgoth
01-25-2004, 11:33 AM
Hey Spaz who is the guy running over everybody in your sig. Sorry if this is a stupid question but he really jacked that one guy up.

Bmax
01-25-2004, 11:35 AM
good post ....dozer... AND THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING....

I guess some never understood that. The wr depth in this draft is excellent. Jenkins -ohio st. sliding up the boards to a low # 1 high #2.....Henderson moving into the 2nd round and derrick hamilton from clemsom a solid 2nd or 3rd round pick...

The talent is there but so is the drop off......The difference between the top 3 guys ... Fitzgerald, R. williams ...Reggie wiliams and 2nd round guys is huge..

AS STATED IN PREVIOUS POSTS... Our 13 th pick should be spent on the best available player as dozer stated....

At this time no guard except for andrews- arkansas (who some scouts are projecting to be moved to guard) is worth of the 13 th pick.... Now after more testing (combine) indvidual workouts a guy say carey could shoot up the boards to the top 15.. But this seems unlikely...

So what do we do reach for a guard at 13.. ?

Trade down 5-8 picks and get a extra second or third and get our ol guy there......

OR TAKE THE BEST GUY AT 13... WHICH BY MOST DRAFT BOARDS AND I HAVE CHECKED MANY IS
EITHER .....

Will Smith-or reggie williams......Now donahoe's board may be totally different....very likely nobody except for a few had us taking mcgahee last season...

I think we must remember that in a lot of games our wr's could not even get open down field....Shaw is a journey men on his 3rd team never a big time starter.. Best suited for the slot..Reed won't stretch any def down field and he is best served for the slot..

I guess we could be content with these guys .. I'm not i want guys who will put fear in the other teams def.. Reed's and shaw's size or speed won't scare anybody ....

So what's a team to do .. I guess we could do what the carolina pantheres did ...Play great d-.. have solid special teams .. AND RUN THE FOOTBALL WITH TWO TALENTED RB'S ...

But in the end even they had to start throwing the ball down field...... And their wr made plays...Smith really gave them the big playmaker they needed.. His down field speed is something the bills lack.......

The Choices is the bills .. Let's hope they make a wise one and get some palyers that makes big plays on off. in round one no matter where they draft..

My choice would be a wr or te by either staying at 13 or trading down...

The following players would be good choices

AT 13 ....REGGIE WILLIAMS

Trading Down...-Lee evans wr - wisc-5-11-190-4.3-40
Ben Troupe-----TE Fla.
Rashun Woods...WR....OK ST.....

Who knows we may get the best of both worlds by trading down and getting another 2nd .....

Ben Troupe- in rd one after trading down ...

Rd 2 -our pick -wr- D. henderson-lsu....or wiliford va tech...

Rd 2 trade pick- Chris snee-bc -or smiley alabama-locklear nc st..

If This happens then maybe some of us will get what we want......

Of course we would still need to draft a qb ...but let's leave that for another post

Thoughts ?....

Go Bills ....

Bmax

:feedback:

The Spaz
01-25-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Morgoth
Hey Spaz who is the guy running over everybody in your sig. Sorry if this is a stupid question but he really jacked that one guy up.

Greg Jones RB former Florida State Seminole and will now be entering this years draft. We obviously won't be drafting him but that was a great display of his strength on that play.

caveboy
01-25-2004, 11:39 AM
Why is it necessary to go after more more WR talent early in the draft? As stated already, the talent at that position is deep this year in the draft. It'll be there for us if we are patient.

It's like kids at x-mas who move onto the next present before their first one is unwrapped. Relax people. Let Reed and Shaw develop. We could have had 10 more WRs last year. Does anyone realistically think they would've made the difference? If not then, why would having more now help, unless they're going to block?

Let's see where the O goes under Mularkey before writing off Moulds & co.

The_Philster
01-25-2004, 11:39 AM
I guess we could be content with these guys ..I'm not i want guys who will put fear in the other teams def.

You could have a speedster like Marvin Harrison starting opposite Moulds and defenses won't fear that much because they can get though the middle of the line pretty easily the way the middle of our O-line looks.

caveboy
01-25-2004, 11:46 AM
Intimidating WRs can be countered by jamming at the line. NE's DBs basically says we are going to kill you inside that 5-yard zone, doing whatever it takes to jam you, where as GW's philosophy with Clements and Winfield was basically 'we are going to lay off and give you five yards to get up to speed so that you can make a move and blow by us'.

Besides, for a while, we did have a fairly healthy Moulds going deep. But what good is that when DB is sacked by the time he reaches the end of his route?

Bmax
01-25-2004, 11:47 AM
True philster .. .. our # 1 need may be a better line but at 13...no one is worthy of that pick so where do we go our what do we do ?

Bmax

Bmax
01-25-2004, 11:53 AM
Right caveboy but how do we improve our line this season...Mcnally will help but we need more talent.....

Bmax

Dozerdog
01-25-2004, 11:54 AM
I don't think the drop off is that huge between Fitz and the 2 Williams and the rest- Evans, Coleman, Woods-

Personally I'd wait until later to grab one. I'd only grab one if there were absolutely no other options on the board.

The_Philster
01-25-2004, 11:54 AM
True philster .. .. our # 1 need may be a better line but at 13...no one is worthy of that pick so where do we go our what do we do ?

Bmax
trade down

The Spaz
01-25-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster

trade down

Your right and it's that simple!:up:

Bmax
01-25-2004, 12:18 PM
wow .. i thought most fans wanted to stay 13 ...i agree i think trading down might be the best option unless .. some one drops

Most of the posts that i made befroe was with the theory of us staying at 13 .. SOME WANTED TO ARGUE ABOUT MY ASSESMENTS ..

But i stand by What i wrote ......At 13 you take the best guy on the board not a ol that rated lower ....But during all the other posts no one said anything about trading down. Just aht we needed ol and no more wr .. Be patient ......they are saying .. well how long do have to wait .. i don't think that shaw will be more than a 4th wr and reed i'm willing to wait a little longer...

Bmax

Ingtar33
01-25-2004, 12:24 PM
i have no problem with trading down... but i do have a problem with drafting a WR in round 1... There will be some excellent WRs in rounds 2-5 this year... no need to take one high (not that we really need one anyway)... as to O-linemen... OG is actually the easiest position for rookie o-linemen to play (remember how the Cards put L.Davis at guard just to get him into the NFL… he was a probowler that year))... its OT and sometimes Center that rookies struggle with.

Bmax
01-25-2004, 12:51 PM
AGREED ingtar33......about the guard position ....but at 13 we won't find a davis.. trading down is our best option if we are looking for ol.....or te....

Bmax

Tatonka
01-25-2004, 02:02 PM

Bmax

AGREED ingtar33......about the guard position ....but at 13 we won't find a davis.. trading down is our best option if we are looking for ol.....or te....

Bmax

Bmax.. that has been my contention all along.. in my mock draft and everything i have posted.. the smartest thing to do if someone like sean taylor is not there is to trade down.. i have said that there is no Olineman that was worth the 13th pick, and regardless of the talent at wr there at 13, it would still be smarter for this team to trade down... i dont know where we got our messages mixed.

Bmax
01-25-2004, 05:08 PM
well i don't know either ..But i am looking forward to watching the senior bowl on tape . then i'll get a better feel for some of the prospects

BMAX