PDA

View Full Version : Is this guy full of himself or what?

Halbert
01-25-2004, 09:46 AM
www.terrellowens.com

The_Philster
01-25-2004, 09:52 AM
Oh Brother...if this guy spent as much time on his game as he does on his mouth and ego, he could actually surpass Harrison and Moulds to become the top WR from the 96 draft

EM Bills Fan 80
01-25-2004, 10:55 AM
The intro is pretty Bad Ass if you ask me

The Spaz
01-25-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by EM Bills Fan 80

Yeah TO is a real bad ass as well.:rofl:

madness
01-25-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by EM Bills Fan 80

Totally agree. I just like going to the website to hear the song. I don't think there's anything wrong with what he's doing. Any way you look at it, he's marketing a product. The product just happens to be himself. If you ask me, he's just a hell of a saleman. I wish I had sales people that could sell like that in my company.

By the way EM, Go UNC! Too bad we're short of another inside presence otherwise we'd go all the way.

The Spaz
01-25-2004, 11:48 AM
He's marketing himself not a product and bashing former teammates along the way if that's the only way you can express yourself then you have problems.

BillsFever
01-25-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Oh Brother...if this guy spent as much time on his game as he does on his mouth and ego, he could actually surpass Harrison and Moulds to become the top WR from the 96 draft

I think his game has been pretty damn good over the years :scratch:

Harrison is the 2nd best WR in the league behind Moss. I hate to say it but Owens is definitely better then Moulds on the playing field. I'd rather have Moulds as a teammate though.

The_Philster
01-25-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by BillsFever
I think his game has been pretty damn good over the years :scratch:

Harrison is the 2nd best WR in the league behind Moss. I hate to say it but Owens is definitely better then Moulds on the playing field. I'd rather have Moulds as a teammate though.

scouts and players around the league rank the top 3 WRs from the 96 draft
1. Harrison
2. Moulds
3. Owens
That's not something I'll argue with. Maybe they took into account personality as well as play:idunno: but that's what they said in Bills Digest a few months ago.
and what I meant was, his game could be even better. I rank him as one of the top WRs in the league but his head gets in the way of being one of the truly great ones, IMO.

BillsFever
01-25-2004, 12:26 PM
These are my Top 10 WR's in the league

1- Moss
2- Harrison
3- Holt
4- Owens
5- Ward
6- Moulds
7- Boldin
8- Mason
9- Horn
10-Smith

BillsFever
01-25-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
scouts and players around the league rank the top 3 WRs from the 96 draft
1. Harrison
2. Moulds
3. Owens
That's not something I'll argue with. Maybe they took into account personality as well as play:idunno: but that's what they said in Bills Digest a few months ago.
and what I meant was, his game could be even better. I rank him as one of the top WRs in the league but his head gets in the way of being one of the truly great ones, IMO.

That's just one magazine and a group of opinions. You could find different articles anywhere who would list players different. On field production I'd rather have TO though. Why you ask? Owens 81 TD's, Moulds 39 TD's. Whether you like TO's ego or not, he wants to win and he backs up his talk.

HenryRules
01-25-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by BillsFever
These are my Top 10 WR's in the league

1- Moss
2- Harrison
3- Holt
4- Owens
5- Ward
6- Moulds
7- Boldin
8- Mason
9- Horn
10-Smith

No love for Chad Johnson or Amani Toomer? I'd put them ahead of Mason and Horn.

BillsFever
01-25-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
No love for Chad Johnson or Amani Toomer? I'd put them ahead of Mason and Horn.

Oh crap, I forgot about Chad Johnson. I knew I was forgetting someone. Thanks.

I'd put him right ahead of Moulds as of right now.

1- Moss
2- Harrison
3- Holt
4- Owens
5- Ward
6- C. Johnson
7- Moulds
8- Boldin
9- Mason
10-Horn

JefftheBillsfan
01-25-2004, 02:10 PM
so if you had the choice of johnson, ward, or moulds, you would choose moulds last? idk man.

The Spaz
01-25-2004, 02:13 PM
How manyu Pro Bowls has C. Johnson been to? How long has he been in the league? I would take Moulds over Johnson any day of the week and Horn for that matter.

HenryRules
01-25-2004, 02:26 PM
The reason I don't disagree with where Moulds is ranked is because I don't think he's the type of receiver you can count on to be over 1000 yards every season. When he has his good years, he's as good as almost anyone in the league, but he seems to go one good year, one bad, one good year, one bad (bad years being a relative term when discussing the best WRs in the NFL).

I think Chad Johnson's last 2 years have been dynamite (and better than Moulds) and he's still getting better whereas Moulds has peaked. and I think that each of the last 3 or 4 seasons, Ward's gone for over 1K. I think Moulds has only done that 3 times in his career, which has probably been about 3 years longer than Wards.

HenryRules
01-25-2004, 02:33 PM
Actually, one guy that's not on the top-10 list but that has the best ability in the league IMO is David Boston. When that guy is on, he's unstoppable. That said, he isn't on often enough in the last 2 years.

madness
01-25-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
He's marketing himself not a product and bashing former teammates along the way if that's the only way you can express yourself then you have problems.

In the NFL the player is the product. Cmon, man haven't you watched Jerry Maguire? LOL Owens and Moulds are IMO the two best complete receivers in the game. They do everything you could ask of a receiver.

BillsFever
01-25-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by JefftheBillsfan
so if you had the choice of johnson, ward, or moulds, you would choose moulds last? idk man.

Look at their production over the years. Especially Ward.

Johnson is a rising star in the making, and he's only about 26. Moulds hasn't had two good years in a row his entire career. Ward is a great receiver and one of the best blocking WR's in the game.

Moulds is good but not great at this point in his career. He only has one year of doube digit TD's. He has only went over 1,000 yards 3 times in his career.

Moulds is at the point in his career when WR's start losing a step. It will happen over the next few years. Unfortunately he is at the point in his contract where he is making 7 million dollars a year.

helmetguy
01-25-2004, 06:38 PM
They said the same thing about Andre Reed and Jerry Rice (losing a step, money better spent elsewhere, etc.). Screw the fantasy league stat crap. Moulds' numbers may never be as high as his "peak" year ever again. However, I'll take the critical 3rd down catch, the run springing downfield block, and all those other intangibles that don't show up on a stat sheet over a guy who gets 1300 yrads because we have to pass 50 times a game (because we're always playing from behind) any day.

HenryRules
01-25-2004, 06:44 PM
Helmetguy, you're acting like BillsFever said that Moulds sucked ... he put him on his list as the 7th best receiver in the NFL.

Most of the guys at 1-6 do all the intangible things that you mentioned.

Oh, and I'll take the critical TD catch over the critical 3rd down catch any day of the week. And the guys 1-6 on the list always find their way to the endzone.

elltrain22
01-25-2004, 07:00 PM
You don't even need to go to his sight to know he is total jerk. Very talented, but he just needs to shut his mouth.

BillsFever
01-25-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
Helmetguy, you're acting like BillsFever said that Moulds sucked ... he put him on his list as the 7th best receiver in the NFL.

Most of the guys at 1-6 do all the intangible things that you mentioned.

Oh, and I'll take the critical TD catch over the critical 3rd down catch any day of the week. And the guys 1-6 on the list always find their way to the endzone.

He acts like the other 6 guys are nothing but "fantasy" WR's.

They do everything Moulds does but they also score a lot of TD's.

Oh and Jerry Rice is the exception. Just because Jerry Rice was good till he was 40 it doesn't mean every WR will be good till their 40.

BillsFever
01-25-2004, 07:08 PM
To even put what Moulds has done in his career in the same sentence as what Rice has done is crazy, IMHO.

Rice has tore the league up for 17 years. Moulds has done it for 3 years.

juice
01-25-2004, 08:02 PM
Explosivness and big play ability TO is the best in the game bar none. ACC

helmetguy
01-25-2004, 10:29 PM
Every guy on that list is, indeed, very talented. In no way did I imply that anyone said Moulds sucks. Moulds' production this past year (or better, lack thereof) had a lot to do with his injury, as well as that West-Coast-and-Shoot hybrid abortion that Kevin Gilbride tried to pass off as an offensive attack.. What I was referring to as a Fantasy League mentality is that, in the end, if the raw stats are the only consideration, then someone will look at Moulds' stats and say he's "lost a step" or whatever; without consideration to other circumstances. What I meant about Jerry Rice was that, years ago, many had written him off as having "lost a step" but he still produced, as did Andre Reed when he "passed his prime." As bad as we were this year, how much worse would we have been without Moulds? How much better would we have been if we DID run on third and short?

Mr. Cynical
01-25-2004, 11:22 PM
TO is a egotistical nightmare and a ticking time bomb. Period.

Spaz - what is that clip from? I can't stop looking at it :)

juice
01-25-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by kal123
TO is a egotistical nightmare and a ticking time bomb. Period.

Spaz - what is that clip from? I can't stop looking at it :)

Still the most gifted Reciever in the game. Period. Future ACC matchup.

EM Bills Fan 80
01-27-2004, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by madness23
By the way EM, Go UNC! Too bad we're short of another inside presence otherwise we'd go all the way.

Yeah I know. They keep playing down to their competition. They have no problem playing a good team but when it comes to a team like FSU or MD who they should beat, they lose. Makes me kinda nervous come tournament time in the 1st and 2nd rounds