PDA

View Full Version : Josh Reed will be the starting #2

Halbert
01-25-2004, 10:20 AM
Wide receivers usually take two full seasons before they hit their stride. With the Bills going to a run-oriented attack (wow, deja vu), Reed will be an effective possession reciever to compliment Moulds. The Bills will also utilize his excellent RAC abilities on reverses, end arounds, and WR screens.

2004 Stat Line
------------------
Rec: 75
Yards: 960
TD: 6

shelby
01-25-2004, 10:23 AM
What about Bobby Shaw?
:(

Don't get me wrong, i like Josh Reed a lot, but Shaw impressed me this season.

Shaw's stats for 2003 (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12693/gamelogs)

The Spaz
01-25-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by shelby
What about Bobby Shaw?
:(

Don't get me wrong, i like Josh Reed a lot, but Shaw impressed me this season.

Shaw's stats for 2003 (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12693/gamelogs)

Shaw is a solid 3. If Moulds is healthy you will see plenty of opportunities for Shaw and Reed as Moulds will most likely draw double coverage.

HenryRules
01-25-2004, 12:13 PM
Reed and Shaw had way too many drops last year to make me feel comfortable with them as our #2.

mypoorfriendme
01-25-2004, 01:00 PM
spaz...take jones off your sig, it makes me sick, hes giong to be in a patriots uni next year! :scared: :brace:

Bmax
01-25-2004, 01:00 PM
ground chuck returns to the buff......as the bills will need to run alot ... to free up moulds .. and our other to so-so wr...and our very average te...

With reed there is hope .. shaw .....he is james thrash ...in a bills uniform....

Bmax

Bert102176
01-25-2004, 01:09 PM
so what you're saying with Reed ass our #2 again next year that we are screwed

zone
01-25-2004, 03:26 PM
I think reed needs to stay in the slot no matter what # they give him. As it's been said around here before A.Reed was our #1 and he played slot.

caveboy
01-25-2004, 03:42 PM
As much I want it to happen, I'd hold off on thinking we are going to a predominantly run-type O just yet. Mularkey was brought in because of what he was able to do with Slash and Maddox.

If he's going to turn around DB, that's going to involve many receiving weapons for him to throw to. Can't picture DB just handing off the ball all the time. What I do see though is the O going to the run to set up the pass, instead of being the afterthought it was all year.

Andre Reed was also a deep threat, even though he earned his living going over the middle. Why not rotate Shaw and Reed in and out for that role.

The Spaz
01-25-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by caveboy
As much I want it to happen, I'd hold off on thinking we are going to a predominantly run-type O just yet. Mularkey was brought in because of what he was able to do with Slash and Maddox.

If he's going to turn around DB, that's going to involve many receiving weapons for him to throw to. Can't picture DB just handing off the ball all the time. What I do see though is the O going to the run to set up the pass, instead of being the afterthought it was all year.

Andre Reed was also a deep threat, even though he earned his living going over the middle. Why not rotate Shaw and Reed in and out for that role.

See 2001 and 2002 where Mukarkeys offense ranked in rushing and passing. It was a very balanced attack.

Jan Reimers
01-26-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Shaw is a solid 3. If Moulds is healthy you will see plenty of opportunities for Shaw and Reed as Moulds will most likely draw double coverage.

Don't forget Sam Aiken, who just might surprise us all next year by becoming an excellent 3rd receiver.

Philly Zoner
01-26-2004, 03:10 PM
yeah. I'm not ready to write off Reed just yet. took Moulds three years, the first two of which we ragged on him pretty good. I think OL is a more pressing draft need. But no complaints if we pull a WR out of free agency for the right price

Halbert
01-26-2004, 04:46 PM
Right on. Moulds was considered a bust by a great many people his first two seasons. I remember people flogging him unmercifully due to his high draft status. Sounds familiar.

Bert102176
01-26-2004, 08:40 PM
I never flogged on Moulds I was excited the moment he was drafted he has always been one of my favorite players

Bert102176
01-26-2004, 08:41 PM
but alot of people did rag on him

juice
01-26-2004, 09:03 PM
Reed or someone needs to step up and become a difference maker this year or a FA should be bought in.

socalfan
01-26-2004, 09:07 PM
I disagree, I think Aiken will be the #3 wide receiver and Shaw will be #4