PDA

View Full Version : Fassel to Baltimore

Bill Brasky
01-25-2004, 01:08 PM
I just heard that Jim Fassel is headed to Baltimore to work as a consultant. Funny how all the 'experts' said he would have no problem landing a head coaching job this year.

OpIv37
01-25-2004, 09:57 PM
damaged goods- I don't think what happened with the Giants this year was his fault, but he had some good teams and never did anything with them except one Super Bowl loss. He also always failed when expectations were high- I think that was the final straw.

mypoorfriendme
01-26-2004, 01:11 AM
well then its a good thing he wasnt our head coach!

shelby
01-26-2004, 04:44 AM
The Ravens could be close to adding former New York Giants coach Jim Fassel to their offensive brain trust.

Fassel, one of the league's most reputable offensive coaches, is interested in becoming a club senior adviser somewhere in the NFL and appears to be leaning to the Ravens, league insiders said Saturday night. They said his friendship with coach Brian Billick and the proximity of his New York-area home to Baltimore make the Ravens the best fit for him.

A decision by Fassel probably would occur after next Sunday's Super Bowl at the earliest. Billick could not be reached to comment Saturday night.
link (http://www.sunspot.net/sports/football/bal-fassel24,0,6787050.story?coll=bal-sports-headlines)

BuffaloRanger
01-26-2004, 09:37 AM
Wasn't Fassel going to make 2.7 mil from his Gints contract IF HE DIDN"T get another coaching this year? I wonder if this cons. job voids it.

don137
01-26-2004, 10:00 AM
I believe the G-men will pick up the difference in what he will receive in Baltimore and the 2.7 million he is scheduled to earn from the Giants.