PDA

View Full Version : Eagles don't fit the Bills

The_Philster
01-25-2004, 01:28 PM
By DAN DUNKIN, phillyBurbs.com
The higher a team climbs, the harder it can fall.

No team ever kept getting back up off the ground like the Buffalo Bills of the early 1990ss.

And no team ever kept getting shoved off the mountaintop, with such merciless consistency, as Marv Levy's legendary Super Bowl busts.

Unfortunately for the hearty, heartbroken folks of Buffalo, history tends to remember the routs over the resiliency. But the Bills' star-crossed story, the undying support of their fans, and the dual message of never quitting should serve as a little chicken soup for the soul to a shattered Eagles team and fan base, which are about to endure their longest winter....

more (http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/99-01252004-233582.html)

Bill Brasky
01-25-2004, 02:37 PM
Great find!

HotRod
01-26-2004, 01:58 AM
Great article!

Jan Reimers
01-26-2004, 07:06 AM
Thanks, Phil, I've said this all along - we should celebrate our four consecutive Super Bowl appearances as one of the great achievments of all times, not as something to be ashamed of.

Hold your heads high, Bills' fans.

SABURZFAN
01-26-2004, 07:09 AM
i had an Eagles fan whining at work about their consecutive failed attempts to reach the Super Bowl.i told him,"when you lose 4 straight Super Bowls then you have something to whine about.now shut up and get back to work."

The_Philster
01-26-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Thanks, Phil, I've said this all along - we should celebrate our four consecutive Super Bowl appearances as one of the great achievments of all times, not as something to be ashamed of.

Hold your heads high, Bills' fans.
No doubt. There were 26 other teams that would have loved to have gotten as far as we did.