• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

Donahoe staying in Alabama

This was on ESPN I think Salisbury that was reporting that Donahoe was supposed to fly back to Buffalo this week but he postponed his flight and will fly back next week to Buffalo. Donahoe wants to talk to Rivers and have the BILLS trainers work him out. Sounds like to me that Rivers impressed the BILLS so much that he might be our #1 choice. Has anyone else seen this?
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Re: Donahoe staying in Alabama

Originally posted by BillsChampsin04
    This was on ESPN I think Salisbury that was reporting that Donahoe was supposed to fly back to Buffalo this week but he postponed his flight and will fly back next week to Buffalo. Donahoe wants to talk to Rivers and have the BILLS trainers work him out. Sounds like to me that Rivers impressed the BILLS so much that he might be our #1 choice. Has anyone else seen this?
    I haven't seen that myself. If that is true very interesting.

Comment

• juice
      • Aug 2003

Deep Threat needed in the 1st round or an "O" lineman. I wonder if Rivers would be around in the 2nd? ACC

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Winfield_26
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Should be there...He preformed well but Im not so sure it was good enough to get him to jump to round 1.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• juice
          • Aug 2003

Rivers would be a move for the future while a deep threat would fill an immediate need. A speed reciever could come into the system and impact the team this year While Rivers could be groomed for the future. ACC

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• ryven
            • Jan 2003

miami is need for a QB and if rivers was there by there pick they might snatch him up quick though I agree that we need a speed WR its deep in that department plus I am not giving up on brown yet.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Jan 2004

How can Miami :fish: get Rivers? were #13 and Miami is #20 they'll have to trade up and I don't think there going to trade up. besides lets draft rivers in round #1 we need a young QB and then find our WR in the second round.
              Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 01-25-2004, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• The Quebecer
                • Jan 2003

This is TD playing poker again! He wants everyone and there mothers to think that the Bills will go for Rivers at #13! I have a strange feeling that Rivers isn't really the player he wants!
                Just a feeling, no facts at all!

Later,
                Pat
                "Thinking is the hardest thing there is, that's why so few engage in it!"

"Between stimulus and response there is a space.
                In that space lies our freedom and power to choose our response.
                In those choices lie our growth and our hapiness."

"If you don't take care of your health now, you will undoubtly have to deal with your illness later!"

Comment

• juice
                  • Aug 2003

How can Miami :fish: get Rivers were #13 and Miami is #20 they'll have to trade up and I don't think there going to trade up. besides lets draft rivers in round #1 we need a young QB and then find our WR in the second round. I like QB better than any other position on the football field
                  WR pos. is deep but you still need linehelp and thats just on offense. That OL needs 1st or 2nd round help to even compete for a Postseason birth this season, thats the first priority. ACC

Comment

• Dozerdog
                    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Juice-

We are not going to pass the ball very much next year. If we did pick a WR, he's have 40-50 grabs at the most.

Comment

• Romes
                      • Jul 2002

Judging from the fact that TD was willing to draft McGahee last year and let him sit a year...i think its very possible we could go for Rivers at #13.
                      Originally posted by paladin warrior
                      RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• lunatic_bills_fan
                        • Oct 2002

How can Miami :fish: get Rivers? were #13 and Miami is #20 they'll have to trade up and I don't think there going to trade up. besides lets draft rivers in round #1 we need a young QB and then find our WR in the second round.
                        I believe Rivers is kind of a stretch at #13. Miami doesnt have a 2nd rounder this year so if Rivers is still on the board he would almost def. get picked by the Phins.

Comment

• elltrain22
                          • Sep 2003

They might need to nab Rivers in the 1st round, b/c his draft status is skyrocketing. The guy can play QB, plain and simple. He would be a great draft choice, and Drew would be pissed!! Hopefully, we do draft him so Drew can start focusing on his task at hand, otherwise, his you know what will be sitting.
                          If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• juice
                            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                            Juice-

We are not going to pass the ball very much next year. If we did pick a WR, he's have 40-50 grabs at the most.
                            Dog-

We still have to pass the ball which we couldn't do at all this season even with a run game. 40-50 grabs would be more than enough as long as 1 or 2 attempts/gm are real attempts that stretch the "D". You need a 1st round caliber reciever to free Moulds of double teams. A legit #2 doesn't have to put up Price type #'s to help this offense regress to were it was 2 seasons ago.

Until WM is ready to PLAY BALL, I dont think the Bills will be successful trying to run 5'9 Henry 30 times /GM, his body wont hold up he is too small.

You have to be able to pass in the NFL to win or even to have an effective run game. I dont buy this run game theory because the entire league is set up to help passing games of teams prosper and to put up points. What are we going to do run the ball 75% of the time? I'd like to see it happen but I dont think so.

I dont see the run game carrying this or any other team deep into the playoffs, not with the current players

Comment

• lordofgun
                              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Josh Reed will be just fine alongside a healthy EM.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

Working...
                              X