PDA

View Full Version : Who plays w/ Buffalo on franchise mode in Madden 2004??

elltrain22
01-25-2004, 10:03 PM
I just won my 2nd straight superbowl tonight. My team is nice. My defense i got Kearse, Chris Kelsay, Sam & Big Pat on the d-line. Spikes, Angelo Crowell, and Karlos Dansby are my linebackers. Clements and Winfield are my cb's, and sean taylor and milloy round out my db's. I also use coy wire alot, and bo schobel, and darnell dockett usually rotate in on my d'line.

My offense is nasty as well. Rivers is my qb, i have henry and mc Gahee in the backfield, but am going to part ways w/ Mc gahee after the season, b/c of cap issues. Rashaun Powers-Neal is my fullback ( notre dame ), then my wr's are moulds, reed, sam aiken ( who is now a pro bowler ), kellen winslow, and mike espy ( ole miss ). my o line is teague, mike williams, jennings, steve huctchinson, walter jones, and marques sullivan.

The best part about my league is i also control Miami. I took all of their good player off, and they have gone 0-16 for three strait seasons. The team went bankrupt, and now will, starting next season will move to there new city in beautiful Anchorage, alaska. They are now called the Anchorage Losers.

If any of you guys play list your stuff, i would be interested to see if there are any gamers on this board besides me.

The Natrix
01-25-2004, 10:20 PM
I always just play single games, but I recently changed up my roster:

complete QB overhaul: Volek (it is nice to actually be able to roll out now), Rivers and AJ Feely

Kelsay over Denny

Sean Taylor at FS

Darrell Jackson opposite Moulds. Reed in the slot.

Winfield's gone, McCallister's here

..that's all I can remember

also, it sucks that I can't fire G-dub.

ryjam282
01-25-2004, 10:46 PM
I do it on franchise too. I just finished Season 1 with a SB win over KC. I made my own playbook though and came up with some really unstoppable plays. At the end of season one, I traded Ruben Brown and Henry for first round picks (#1 and #7). I picked Sean Taylor and Phillip Rivers with those pics and my #32 pick I took Vernon Carey. In the second I took Michael Clayton to take Shaw's place. He has a 97 in speed so he blows by every single one of the LB's and Nickel corners. Rivers is unbelievablely accurate in this game and McGahee is the man. I am in the preseason now and 2-0. I also signed Pope from FSU (OLB) in the 4th round and moved him to LDE to get Denney out of there. His jump off the ball in unreal. In 2 games, he has 6 sacks already. It will be a good year again for us. Can't wait till next offseason.

GO BILLS!!

Ryan

BADTHINGSMAN
01-25-2004, 10:51 PM
Im in my 6th season on Madden04.. I control only Buffalo and do not wipe other teams players away.. My team looks like this..

Offense
QB Craig Mitchell- drafted in 1st round of the last draft, has great accuracy a cannon arm is also A little slower then Vick..

RB Travis Henry- still going strong..

WR
Loui Bonds- xtremely fast WR has 99% speed runs a 4.21 40(1st round pick as well..

Josh Reed- 3rd WR now, starting slow down..

Aaron Jackson who is 6-4 201, with some great hands..

I have Dante Hall as my 4th reciever and Calico as my 5th..

TE Dan Whitemen drafted in my 2nd year as a WR has 93% speed is 6'6 243, moved to TE same year as drafted..

OL

Mike Williams
Kylt Turley
Jonas Jennings
Damien Woody(30 something yrs old now)
Pete Fazzani(Rookie 2nd rounder)

Defense

Chris Kelsay( in 6 seasons has 79 sacks)
Daniel Emannuel DT
Steve Daniels DT
Todd Wilson RDE has 89% speed and in 3 years has 26 sacks

LB's
Takeo Spikes- still a playmaker
Charles Swanson- 6'7 LB with 88% speed 2nd round pick in year 4..
Terrell Suggs- picked up as a FA

DB's

Nate Clements- best corner in the game since Ty Law was injured and retired..
Jason Edwards- 1st round pick in year 3 has great size at 6'3 218 has blazing speed 97%..

Safeties

Dan Briggs picked up during FA is 6'4 223 has good speed at 90%
Mike Doss Traded Coy Wire for Doss in year 1..

The team I have built has great speed and is coached by Kiffin(like coach's really matter in Madden..)

I also have purchased a new stadium that has 83,000 seats.. The Stadium is named "The Levy" untill im offered something.. This stadium has no dome,Hey I like playing in the snow..

mypoorfriendme
01-26-2004, 12:52 AM
im an avid madden fan...but howd you import the draft class, just renaming the players in ncaa and then exporting the draft class into madden?? im pretty badass at madden and am in year 3. havent lost a game in those three seasons and as far as interesting players go, kelsay is by far the best in the league and last season (on all madden difficulty of course) got 23 sacks. henry is unstoppable and the game is too easy

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-26-2004, 06:56 AM
I play Buffalo too. I just finished my 2nd year. I missed the playoffs in the first year and the second year I lost to Miami in the AFC Championship.

My QB is Rivers too.

RBs - Willis McGahee, Maurice Clarrett, Chirs Perry, and Tony Hollings

FB - Phil Crosby

WR - Moulds, Reed, Reggie Williams

TE - Kellen Winslow Jr.

I traded Travis Henry for a 1st, 2nd, and a 4th.

The first year I drafted:
1st - Williams
1b - Winslow
2 - Rivers

I am now 6-3 in my 3rd year.

lunatic_bills_fan
01-26-2004, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
im an avid madden fan...but howd you import the draft class, just renaming the players in ncaa and then exporting the draft class into madden?? im pretty badass at madden and am in year 3. havent lost a game in those three seasons and as far as interesting players go, kelsay is by far the best in the league and last season (on all madden difficulty of course) got 23 sacks. henry is unstoppable and the game is too easy

Good question. Bump for answer.

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-26-2004, 07:56 AM
You should use the sliders, it works great.

I sent a couple of you guys a PM regarding the NCAA rosters in case you are interested in me copying them for you.

zone
01-26-2004, 08:03 AM
ESPN 2K4 is the game to play, madden would be great, but no online... Ihatethedolfins was my roomate, he played franchise in madden.

JefftheBillsfan
01-26-2004, 08:32 AM
I love madden franchise. you can get away with some unbelievable trades. Example: Bledsoe for Harrington & #2

You can get like anything for Milloy too. Sam Adams...etc.

I didnt make the playoffs the first year, but I've won 5/6 next Super Bowls. I dont really play that many games. Just the playoffs, I sim the rest of the season.

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-26-2004, 09:25 AM
I dropped Milloy and Bledsoe's ratings in my season. Milloy was like an 85 and Bledsoe an 80.

ryjam282
01-26-2004, 10:33 AM
Hey mypoorfriendme, not sure if you got an answer but in order to import your draft class into madden, at the end of the NCAA season it asks you if you want to save the draft class. Click yes and save it and when you get to the end of the madden season it will ask if you want to import a draft class. Just click yes again. Make sure you rename the players before the NCAA season is over to save a little time but you can do it after you draft them as well. It is really pretty easy and a great thing that they invented too.

Hope that helps...

Ryan

Bill Brasky
01-26-2004, 11:32 AM
I haven't played much of Madden 2k4 cuz I'm a poor college student, but I do play Madden 2k3 with the Bills... I went undefeated 6 straight seasons with the difficulty on the hardest level... there is 1 play that is basically unstopable which is the reason I kept winning. Go to Shotgun, 5WR formation and run the first play on the right (I think its called WR Outs) where Moulds and Price do 15 yard out patterns, Reed does a 15 yard post, the 4th reciever does a 5 yard down-and-in pattern and Henry does a quick-hit... it gets picked off every now and then if you keep going to Moulds or Price, but 95% of the time that play never fails because there is at least one person open. I am not sure if there is a similar play on 2k4 but if there is that would be clutch...

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-26-2004, 11:38 AM
I am in my third season and so far I have had three players, my player was Nate Clements. The others were Shaun Alexander and Brian Urlacher. They retired with career ending injuries. I thought that was a lot. Anyone else have this happen to them.

elltrain22
01-26-2004, 12:37 PM
mypoorfriendme:

After the pro bowl, it will ask you if you want to import your draft class. ( note: you cannot import a draft class until you have finished an entire season on NCAA 2004, and you have seen all the players who are leaving, once you have done this, your ready to import your draft roster, and after you finish your next madden season, you can import the next year's draft roster, by completing another season, and following the same format. ) When it asks to if you want to import the roster, hit yes, and it should be on your mem. card.

if you want to put names in, just go to view roster at the main menu, and it will let you put the names in.

elltrain22
01-26-2004, 12:38 PM
ESPN nfl football is okay, but madden is da shiznet!! How could any legitimate football fan want or need for anything else??

BADTHINGSMAN
01-27-2004, 02:34 AM
Just played the best game I ever played on Madden.. Im trailing the Titans 14-6 in the 4th.. Titans have shut me down all game even had 2 goaline stands.. It was 4th and 19 after getting sackd and a failed HB screen, with 29 seconds left. Was at the 27 yard line, tossed a pass to my 6'6 TE who came down with the TD.. The 2 point conversion was good with a bootleg.. Went into over time where it ended in a 14-14 tie.. Coulda been better with a win, but Ill take a tie over a lose..