PDA

View Full Version : Gilbride lands a job...

Ickybaluky
01-26-2004, 09:41 AM
I just heard Tom Coughlin brought him in to be his OC with the Giants. Haven't found a link to confirm it yet, though...

zone
01-26-2004, 09:42 AM
thanks WYS...

we know it's you.

The Natrix
01-26-2004, 09:43 AM
Bad day to be a Giants fan

Ickybaluky
01-26-2004, 09:45 AM
Here is a link in the Houston Chronicle about the hire:

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/2371025

Apparently he turned down Cornell to take the job. Nothing in the NY papers about it yet...

I'm not Wys, BTW. I am not sure where you got that one.

Dozerdog
01-26-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by zone
thanks WYS...

we know it's you.

Wrong

The Natrix
01-26-2004, 09:47 AM
lol, some people are just obsessed with wys.

Dozerdog
01-26-2004, 09:49 AM
Gilbride rejoins his mentor

Kevin Gilbride has landed on his feet again. Fired as Buffalo's offensive coordinator in the Gregg Williams purge, Gilbride has been reunited with Tom Coughlin with the Giants. Gilbride accepted Coughlin's offer rather than become the head coach at Cornell.

When Coughlin was Jacksonville's coach, he hired Gilbride as offensive coordinator after the Oilers fired him. Coughlin and Gilbride did so well with the Jaguars, helping them reach the AFC Championship Game in 1996, their second season, that Gilbride was hired as San Diego's head coach.

WOW....

After banging the "Bring TC here" drum for over a year...I'm glad we didn't! Gilbride would /could have been retained! I did not think that would have been possible.

Well, we will see now if it was "The System" that failed the Bills, or if the players failed Gilbride. I'm a heavy beleiver in #1, but we'll see if it's #2

Mr. Miyagi
01-26-2004, 09:54 AM
Collins is in for a world of hurt.....:snicker:

lordofgun
01-26-2004, 09:56 AM
:eek: Tom Coughlin is a ******.

The Spaz
01-26-2004, 09:56 AM
:rofl::lol:

SABURZFAN
01-26-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
I'm a heavy beleiver in #1, but we'll see if it's #2

i usually feel better after a #2.

don137
Wow, sucks to be a Giant fan today. Afte what he did to Buffalo's offense this past year I thought for sure his only NFL job would of been as a position coach...
I am so relieved that we never got Coughlin now....

JJamezz
Originally posted by The Natrix
Bad day to be a Giants fan

Happy day for a Bills fan whose friends who are Giants fans... :snicker:

Tatonka
01-26-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by The Natrix
lol, some people are just obsessed with wys.

yeah.. it is just comical at this point..

zone, your way out of line.. NE39 is probably the only knowledgable pats fan on this board and never runs smack... just comes here w/ good info and insite.. and has been here longer than you.

Ð
01-26-2004, 09:59 AM
Wys did you have to bring this up ?

The Spaz
01-26-2004, 10:00 AM
I am now very glad we didn't get Coughlin he would have kept Gilbride!:dizzy::confused:

Kolbiss
01-26-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
I am now very glad we didn't get Coughlin he would have kept Gilbride!:dizzy::confused:

My thoughts exactally!!

ShadowHawk7
01-26-2004, 10:40 AM
woah.... Now just think if WE had hired Coughlin...

zone
01-26-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
zone, your way out of line.. NE39 is probably the only knowledgable pats fan on this board and never runs smack... just comes here w/ good info and insite.. and has been here longer than you.

Chill out I was just kidding..... Did I even say anything bad? Way out of line... jesus.

I just think it's funny that a NE fan spends this much time on the bills board.

Like Spaz said good thing we did not take Coughlin or KG would be on the sideline still, man I can't belive he still has a job in the NFL. Watching him in the comeback game was funny though.

35Pete
01-26-2004, 11:38 AM
I enjoy anything that causes grief to NY teams (except the Bills of course). That offense is going to suck next year. Look for the Giants QB's to get killed by the pass rush because Gilbrides Bird-Brained schemes are too damn complex.

Jeff1220
01-26-2004, 11:56 AM
The Giants have more personel probs on the o-line than the Bills do. Collins is a dead man.

Dozerdog
01-26-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Jeff1220
The Giants have more personel probs on the o-line than the Bills do. Collins is a dead man.

I'd trade Gilbride for McNally any day!:up:

elltrain22
01-26-2004, 12:26 PM
Wow!! I actually wanted tom coulglin, which makes me an idiot!! Did this guy even check and see how bad a job KG has done the past 2 yrs. I mean how do can hire him after practically ruining the careers of Josh Reed, Bledsoe, and many others. What a ******ed move.

The Natrix
01-26-2004, 02:04 PM
any other links about this?

There has been no mention of it on Mike and the Madd Dogg.

Throne Logic
01-26-2004, 02:27 PM
I've said this a number of times in the past. Gilbride's entire career is a complete mystery to me. He's piled up lots of stats toward very little ultimate success. His QB's traditionally have thousands of yards per season and never get deep into the playoffs, if they even make the playoffs.

Failure after failure, yet he keeps finding work.

I am completely dumbfounded.

Prediction: Collins will through for 4000 yards in 2004. Tiki Barber will have less fumbles. The Giants will have a pro-bowl receiver next year. However, the vast majority of Collins' yards will be in the first half of the season. Collins' productivity will drop dramatically as the season moves on. Tiki won't fumble as much 'cuz he isn't going to be carrying the ball as much. The Giants might make the playoffs as a Wild Card (based upon the quick start), but even if they do, they will be distroyed because everyone has figured out how to beat them and Gilbride is unable to make adjustments.

The Giants will assume that the season was a success based upon the stats (Collins' yard total and Tiki's low fumble number), ignoring the actual outcomes and trends. They will go into the off-season and 2005 pre-season with huge expectations that will be completely dashed by the end of September 2005 as they begin to realize that Gilbride is an idiot who cannot and/or will not make adjustments to fit the players he has. They will be calling for his head by the end of the 2005 season. Gilbride will be fired as the Giants' OC in December 2005. (any of this familiar)

In January 2006, some jack@$$ will hire Kevin Gilbride as their OC. And so the cycle continues . . .

Philagape
01-26-2004, 02:34 PM
I'm not touching Collins in my fantasy drafts next year
:flush:

Throne Logic
01-26-2004, 03:18 PM
Actually, Philagape, I would take Collins for Fantasy. Hold him until about Week 6 and then trade him. You'll probably find he's got good trade value about that time. Just make sure you've got another QB who can step in after that point.

Philagape
01-26-2004, 03:21 PM
Only as a backup

The_Philster
01-26-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by JJamezz
Happy day for a Bills fan whose friends who are Giants fans... :snicker:

No doubt. :evil: I have a friend who's a big Giants fan..she is gonna be so pissed.

Brian Griese Rulz
01-26-2004, 04:15 PM
I think Gilbride is a good fit in NY. He has weapons all over the place on offense. I can see the Giants O being in the Top 10 next year.

Having to work with Barber,Collins,Shockey,Toomer,Hillard is a improvement over the Bills Crap O last year. Bledsoe (sucks), Moulds (hurt all year) Shaw (sucks), Reed (Mr. Drops) TE's (average), Henry (only player with anything).

helmetguy
01-26-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
No doubt. :evil: I have a friend who's a big Giants fan..she is gonna be so pissed.

Faj*****, Right?

If Gilbride IS, in fact the OC, look for Shockey's numbers to drop off, too.

Mr. Cynical
01-27-2004, 03:20 AM
One word of caution though....the Giants' O was pretty good in '02. Although KG is a complete ass, he could get lucky like he did in '01 with the Bills and generate a bunch of offense.

Even so, we all know that they will crash hard once the honeymoon is over. No way does KG do anything right beyond tying his shoes...and even that's a dicey bet. :chuckle:

The_Philster
01-27-2004, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by helmetguy
Faj*****, Right?

Of course. :snicker: