PDA

View Full Version : antonio brown

BigZ
01-26-2004, 10:25 AM
The Bills have one of the fastest men in the NFL on their squad. I wondered why they never tried to use Brown as a wr during the year.

All he has to do is catch two passes and he'd draw a cornerback and safety since he'd fly by the corner.

He could be the sleeper wr that's already on the staff.

Comments?

The Spaz
01-26-2004, 10:27 AM
They did use him some maybe 2-3 times and once on a reverse. The thing about Brown is yeah he's fast as hell but he doesn't know where to go when he has the ball way too undecisive.

The Natrix
01-26-2004, 10:33 AM
I know it was only the preseason, but he looked like the worst WR in the history of the NFL. Returning kicks is his only chance, and if he wants to continue to do so, he better work on that a lot.

zone
01-26-2004, 11:29 AM
Wouldn't you figure that E.Moulds could mould some of these younger guys (no pun intended). J.Rice did it for him, and he was not even on the same team. Having someone with A.Brown speed and not being able to utilize it comes down to coaching IMO.

Pride
01-26-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by zone
Having someone with A.Brown speed and not being able to utilize it comes down to coaching IMO.

You could plug any number of Bills players and that quote would still be true.

Drew Bledsoe
Spikes
Fletcher
Both CB's
The WHOLE offensive line
TE's

Basically everyone but the RB's and interior defensive linemen.

Jeff1220
01-26-2004, 12:02 PM
I hate to say it, but

Antonio Brown SUCKS!

The guy is fast, yes, but his usual runs look like this:

1. Catch the ball
2 Run really fast for about 5-12 yards
3. Stop completely.
4. Dance around all over the place and run back and forth, east and west.
5. Get knocked over by a gentle breeze.

To put it in a way we can all understand, I'd say that Antonio Brown is the Rob Johnson of Return men.

Dozerdog
01-26-2004, 12:08 PM
The road is littered with players with blazing speed. James Jett for example.

Speed is not a decoy any longer if you can't catch, run to the right spot, or are a liability with the ball (turnovers, missed blocks, ect...)

He would be an awesome candidate for NFL Europe.

juice
01-26-2004, 12:19 PM
Look at the moves that Clements made on his returns,the difference between the two is field vision and ability to set up your blocks then use your speed to create seperation.

elltrain22
01-26-2004, 12:30 PM
I hate to say also but; Jeff1220 is exactly right.

i did not see a thing from Brown last season. He is way to indecisive, and his speed is not even a factor. Terrence McGee was actually our best bet on KR's.

Tatonka
01-26-2004, 12:38 PM
brown was quite possibly the most worthless man on the team last year.. we could have put Pucillo in to return punts and kickoffs and he could have easily done what brown did.. at least he would have fallen forward.

zone
01-26-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by elltrain22
Terrence McGee was actually our best bet on KR's.

Definitly!

Jan Reimers
01-26-2004, 12:51 PM
Not only is he an ineffective return man, but as a WR he is too small, doesn't run good routes, and has questionable hands. I'd be very surprised if he's with us next year.

Dozerdog
01-26-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
brown was quite possibly the most worthless man on the team last year.. we could have put Pucillo in to return punts and kickoffs and he could have easily done what brown did.. at least he would have fallen forward.

:rofl:

I hope he falls forward more than 10 yards- to make up for his own holding call...:D

zone
01-26-2004, 01:01 PM
There were a few times that he had some big runs later in the season, but they were few and far between. He allways falls down on the first touch, and then gets up all pissed like he was about to score. There were also times I rember he had a big run, and we had gotten a penalty.

STAMPY
01-26-2004, 01:02 PM
give him another chance... don't give up on him yet, you can't turn your back on that speed

Bert102176
01-26-2004, 05:40 PM
I say give him one more year it was his 1st year, how many years did it take before Moulds became a great WR 3 I believe it takes time to develop.

The Spaz
01-26-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Bert102176
I say give him one more year it was his 1st year, how many years did it take before Moulds became a great WR 3 I believe it takes time to develop.

Moulds was a #1 draft choice and Brown was an undrafted WR who played in the CFL.

mypoorfriendme
01-26-2004, 07:00 PM
people need to realize that speed has very little to do with being a good reciever in the nfl. it helps yes, but its how you can get open and find a soft spot in the zone or read how the corner is playing you. just because hes fast doesnt not make him some guy we need to hang onto for years just in case he gets good. give me a guy with a 4.68 (boldin) that can run some routs before you give me brown at 4.18

HenryRules
01-26-2004, 08:05 PM
MPFM, I agree ... speed is a nice bonus, but unless you can do the other things it's useless. Hell, if all we want is speed, let's go out and get some guys off the Olympic teams. It's been tried and seldom works (unless the guy is already a player). I agree we need a fast receiver, but "receiver" is the more important of the two.

DraftBoy
01-26-2004, 09:03 PM
Antonio Brown for his 4 years at UWV was their top WR, and made some unbelievable catches. Our return units sucked last year from blocking, to schemes, to the return men. Id give him another year at it. Id also use him as a WR. I know he can catch from when I saw him play years back in college.

socalfan
01-26-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
The road is littered with players with blazing speed. James Jett for example.

Speed is not a decoy any longer if you can't catch, run to the right spot, or are a liability with the ball (turnovers, missed blocks, ect...)

He would be an awesome candidate for NFL Europe.

Can't go to NFL Europe....he played the season in Buffalo.

The Spaz
01-26-2004, 09:24 PM
Travis Brown should have gone to NFLE when we 1st got him and we would have known right off the bat if he sucks or not.

Dozerdog
01-26-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by socalfan
Can't go to NFL Europe....he played the season in Buffalo.

Didn't Volek play 2 seasons there? and then return to play for the Titans in between?

Dozerdog
01-26-2004, 09:48 PM
Larence Phillips played for the Rams in 96, Miami in 97, was trhe NFL Europe player of the year in 1999, then played later in 1999 with the 49ers.

mypoorfriendme
01-27-2004, 12:15 AM
sure he might be able to catch, but not even hands and speed make a good reciever. in fact i think those are the least important assuming everyone at the pro level has descent speed and descent hands. its all about acceleration, agility, intilligence, awareness, yac, and decelleration.

kill4bills
01-27-2004, 02:15 AM
i posted this same question 3 days ago and not one reply and this clown jocks my thread and 30 reply. you guys r jokes