X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigZ
    • Sep 2003

antonio brown

The Bills have one of the fastest men in the NFL on their squad. I wondered why they never tried to use Brown as a wr during the year.

All he has to do is catch two passes and he'd draw a cornerback and safety since he'd fly by the corner.

He could be the sleeper wr that's already on the staff.

Comments?
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

They did use him some maybe 2-3 times and once on a reverse. The thing about Brown is yeah he's fast as hell but he doesn't know where to go when he has the ball way too undecisive.

Comment

• The Natrix
      • Jul 2002

I know it was only the preseason, but he looked like the worst WR in the history of the NFL. Returning kicks is his only chance, and if he wants to continue to do so, he better work on that a lot.

Byrd.

Comment

• zone
        No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
        • Oct 2003

Wouldn't you figure that E.Moulds could mould some of these younger guys (no pun intended). J.Rice did it for him, and he was not even on the same team. Having someone with A.Brown speed and not being able to utilize it comes down to coaching IMO.
        www.blzbus.com

Comment

• Pride
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by zone
          Having someone with A.Brown speed and not being able to utilize it comes down to coaching IMO.
          You could plug any number of Bills players and that quote would still be true.

Drew Bledsoe
          Spikes
          Fletcher
          Both CB's
          The WHOLE offensive line
          TE's

Basically everyone but the RB's and interior defensive linemen.

Comment

• Jeff1220
            H to the 12:20
            • Jul 2002

I hate to say it, but

Antonio Brown SUCKS!

The guy is fast, yes, but his usual runs look like this:

1. Catch the ball
            2 Run really fast for about 5-12 yards
            3. Stop completely.
            4. Dance around all over the place and run back and forth, east and west.
            5. Get knocked over by a gentle breeze.

To put it in a way we can all understand, I'd say that Antonio Brown is the Rob Johnson of Return men.

Comment

• Dozerdog
              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

The road is littered with players with blazing speed. James Jett for example.

Speed is not a decoy any longer if you can't catch, run to the right spot, or are a liability with the ball (turnovers, missed blocks, ect...)

He would be an awesome candidate for NFL Europe.

Comment

• juice
                • Aug 2003

Look at the moves that Clements made on his returns,the difference between the two is field vision and ability to set up your blocks then use your speed to create seperation.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• elltrain22
                  • Sep 2003

I hate to say also but; Jeff1220 is exactly right.

i did not see a thing from Brown last season. He is way to indecisive, and his speed is not even a factor. Terrence McGee was actually our best bet on KR's.
                  If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

brown was quite possibly the most worthless man on the team last year.. we could have put Pucillo in to return punts and kickoffs and he could have easily done what brown did.. at least he would have fallen forward.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• zone
                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by elltrain22
                      Terrence McGee was actually our best bet on KR's.
                      Definitly!
                      www.blzbus.com

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

Not only is he an ineffective return man, but as a WR he is too small, doesn't run good routes, and has questionable hands. I'd be very surprised if he's with us next year.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Dozerdog
                          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                          brown was quite possibly the most worthless man on the team last year.. we could have put Pucillo in to return punts and kickoffs and he could have easily done what brown did.. at least he would have fallen forward.

I hope he falls forward more than 10 yards- to make up for his own holding call...

Comment

• zone
                            • Oct 2003

There were a few times that he had some big runs later in the season, but they were few and far between. He allways falls down on the first touch, and then gets up all pissed like he was about to score. There were also times I rember he had a big run, and we had gotten a penalty.
                            www.blzbus.com

Comment

• BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
                              Hall of Fame Zoner
                              • Sep 2003

give him another chance... don't give up on him yet, you can't turn your back on that speed

Comment

Working...
                              X