PDA

View Full Version : Sam Gash

zone
01-26-2004, 11:34 AM
Man after this organization put him through what they did last year; don't you think he deserves a shot to play his position? I did not see any drop off in his game; in fact I found at times him and Henry were the only 2 actually that actually came to play on offense.

The Spaz
01-26-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by zone
Man after this organization put him through what they did last year; don't you think he deserves a shot to play his position? I did not see any drop off in his game; in fact I found at times him and Henry were the only 2 actually that actually came to play on offense.

It's not the organization it was KG.

zone
01-26-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
It's not the organization it was KG.

Well he was a part of the Org...... He was hired by GW who was hired by TD, and so on....

The Spaz
01-26-2004, 11:40 AM

Well he was a part of the Org...... He was hired by GW who was hired by TD, and so on....

If you go by that then yes but TD wasn't calling the plays...:up::beer:

zone
01-26-2004, 11:41 AM
Tru Dat....

Regarless I just want Gash to lay some PPL out for us next year!

Pride
01-26-2004, 11:49 AM
I think Gash will have a pro bowl year next year. I have a strong suspicion that we will really turn things around and become a running attack. A new RG in the draft would help alot, and I see us utilizing WMG and TH to their fullest extent, with Sam Gash doing alot of lead blocking...

Maybe I am just daydreaming again...

zone
01-26-2004, 11:52 AM
That's what I think too, the thing that scares me was this article. We only signed Gash for 1 year, so we need to re-sign him to bring him back.

Tough enough Coach Mike Mularkey wants his running game to be physical, so the team added more beef to its backfield by signing FB Daimon Shelton. Shelton (6-2, 262), a six-year veteran, combines tremendous size and power as a lead blocker. He is an ideal bodyguard for RBs Travis Henry and Willis McGahee. But Shelton's signing might be an indication that the team has no plans to bring back unrestricted free-agent FB Sam Gash. Gash, a 12-year veteran, still is one of the NFL's best blocking fullbacks

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-26-2004, 12:00 PM
OK, I know I am no master of the English language, but if there is one thing I would like to convey:

You lose a player.
You have a loose tooth.

Sorry, just trying to help.

Pride
01-26-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
OK, I know I am no master of the English language, but if there is one thing I would like to convey:

You lose a player.
You have a loose tooth.

:rofl:
That's what I think too, the thing that scares me was this article. We only signed Gash for 1 year, so we need to re-sign him to bring him back.

Tough enough Coach Mike Mularkey wants his running game to be physical, so the team added more beef to its backfield by signing FB Daimon Shelton. Shelton (6-2, 262), a six-year veteran, combines tremendous size and power as a lead blocker. He is an ideal bodyguard for RBs Travis Henry and Willis McGahee. But Shelton's signing might be an indication that the team has no plans to bring back unrestricted free-agent FB Sam Gash. Gash, a 12-year veteran, still is one of the NFL's best blocking fullbacks

When was this?? I missed that signing.

The Spaz
01-26-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Pride

:rofl:

When was this?? I missed that signing.

I think it was Saturday.:cheers:

elltrain22
01-26-2004, 12:21 PM
I hope that don't get rid of him, but w/ the arrival of Damion Shelton, and Crosby i think it is likely he won't be back. I am rooting for Sam to make it back, b/c i do believe he can still be a great blocking fb, but i think MM wants a fb who can run, block, and recieve, and unfortunately Gash can only block.

BAM
01-26-2004, 12:23 PM
if i see Gash running out wide from the formation this year i'm going to :puke: . i mean, he did catch most of what they threw to him but ended up getting tackled immediately (at least he punished the tacklers i guess)

zone
01-26-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly

You lose a player.
You have a loose tooth.

Yea my spelling and grammar suck, real bad. Sorry man...

zone
01-26-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by BradAlanMiller
if i see Gash running out wide from the formation this year i'm going to :puke: . i mean, he did catch most of what they threw to him but ended up getting tackled immediately (at least he punished the tacklers i guess)

That's the whole point we may not see gash in a B-low uni......

Throne Logic
01-26-2004, 12:29 PM
Gash has been a good receiver when thrown his way. I don't know why people keep knocking him on this.

He's also one of the top 3 blockers in the league and a good veteran leader. Why wouldn't Buffalo want him? They've done this once. They let Gash go a couple of years back. It was a mistake then and it would be a repeat error to not attempt to resign him. Crosby cannot hold a candle to Gash's blocking abilities.

zone
01-26-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Throne Logic
Gash has been a good receiver when thrown his way. I don't know why people keep knocking him on this.

He's also one of the top 3 blockers in the league and a good veteran leader. Why wouldn't Buffalo want him? They've done this once. They let Gash go a couple of years back. It was a mistake then and it would be a repeat error to not attempt to resign him. Crosby cannot hold a candle to Gash's blocking abilities.

My thoughts exactly!

Tatonka
01-26-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Pride
I think Gash will have a pro bowl year next year. I have a strong suspicion that we will really turn things around and become a running attack. A new RG in the draft would help alot, and I see us utilizing WMG and TH to their fullest extent, with Sam Gash doing alot of lead blocking...

Maybe I am just daydreaming again...

an aerosmith song comes to mind..

"same old song and dance"

i hope your right.. but we have heard it before.

Jan Reimers
01-26-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Throne Logic

He's also one of the top 3 blockers in the league and a good veteran leader.

I think they're knocking his use as a reciever, rather than the fierce lead blocker that he is.

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-26-2004, 12:36 PM

Yea my spelling and grammar suck, real bad. Sorry man...

Please don't be sorry, I was just trying to help. When you see me mess up you can tell me.

BAM
01-26-2004, 12:53 PM
yep. i don't think he is a bad receiver, i just don't think that is his strength. he is much better off blocking, throw the screen pass or quick out to Henry for crying out loud. let gash stick to what he does best...

:up:

zone
01-26-2004, 01:03 PM
So everyone here thinks he will be back?

BAM
01-26-2004, 02:39 PM
dont know what to think anymore, the NFL is way too damn unpredictable. i hope so though :)

HenryRules
01-26-2004, 05:59 PM
I think Gash used to be the best blocking FB in the leage, I think he is still a good one ... but I think top-3 is stretching it a lot.

Neal, Beasley, and Hodgins are 3 guys that immediately come to mind that are better blockers. Gash can still pop with the best of them, but he only seems to get the good blocks right at the hole instead of being able to pick up blockers beyond the hole if no one is immediately there.

I'd much rather have Crosby than Gash.

Tatonka
01-26-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
I think Gash used to be the best blocking FB in the leage, I think he is still a good one ... but I think top-3 is stretching it a lot.

Neal, Beasley, and Hodgins are 3 guys that immediately come to mind that are better blockers. Gash can still pop with the best of them, but he only seems to get the good blocks right at the hole instead of being able to pick up blockers beyond the hole if no one is immediately there.

I'd much rather have Crosby than Gash.

i dont have a problem with crosby if gash is not brought back... i like the leadership gash brings to the team though.

G. Host
01-26-2004, 06:52 PM
They did an injury settlement with Crosby so there is no guarentee he is coming back especially since all of the coaches who coached him (ST, RB, OC) are gone and many coaches prefer to get as many of the non-stars via draft themselves.