PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Bill hire WR coach

Tatonka
01-26-2004, 02:01 PM
he served as the Arizona Cardinals receivers coach last year.

that is great news.. because he definately got ALOT of production out of those guys last year, including rookie of the year, A. Boldin.

i am happy about this move..

Romes
01-26-2004, 02:02 PM
Great move!! I was very impressed by how well the Arizona WR did last year. I wonder how we snagged this guy...

Romes
01-26-2004, 02:08 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=226384&dsp=press

The Natrix
01-26-2004, 02:09 PM
sounds good to me.

Michael82
01-26-2004, 02:12 PM
And get this? He's NOT from Pittsburgh! :eek:

:snicker:

Tatonka
01-26-2004, 02:16 PM
he only has one year of NFL experience.. but i would say he did a damn good job in his one year.. 9 years of college exp...

i was just thinking.. not only did boldin do well.. but he had the other rookie, bryant playing well at all..

and speaking of arizona... what the hell was that WRs name who was blazing fast who had the one good year for arizona 2 years ago.. we brought him in for a visit and we didnt sign him.. he was talking about 2.5 mill and year or some ridiculous crap.

Tatonka
01-26-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282

zip it funny man.. :mad:

Romes
Martay Jenkins

The Spaz
http://www.azcardinals.com/images/news/TYkewebpressinside.jpg
<B>Tyke Tolbert</b>

The Spaz
01-26-2004, 02:18 PM
Good Hire!:up:

Tatonka
01-26-2004, 02:19 PM
martay jenkings.. haha.. thats right.. we were all hot and heavy about him.. and so pissed when TD signed shaw.. and then jenkins went to atlanta.. and either got cut or sat the bench all year.

rofl.. funny how we get so excited about a player.. and they just fade away.

BillsOverDolphins
01-26-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
he only has one year of NFL experience.. but i would say he did a damn good job in his one year.. 9 years of college exp...

i was just thinking.. not only did boldin do well.. but he had the other rookie, bryant playing well at all..

and speaking of arizona... what the hell was that WRs name who was blazing fast who had the one good year for arizona 2 years ago.. we brought him in for a visit and we didnt sign him.. he was talking about 2.5 mill and year or some ridiculous crap. Jenkins....I agree tatonka, nice move

Mr. Miyagi
Originally posted by Romes
Martay Jenkins
That's it. :up:

elltrain22
I am w/ everyone else, great move. Hey did great things for Boldin, and Jenkins. I hope he can really revitalize Moulds, and maximize the talents of Reed and Sam Aiken. This staff really is coming right along.

The Spaz
01-26-2004, 02:22 PM
I think all we need now is a DB coach and a possible TE coach unless Tyke Tolbert takes that job too and also maybe a QB coach.

Romes
01-26-2004, 02:24 PM
Here are some positive quotes I found from articles about Tolbert.

Tyke Tolbert is a protégé of (offensive coordinator) Jerry Sullivan’s proven methods of developing and teaching a wide receiver. It began as a player and continues as a coach. Tyke is a tremendous addition to our staff and quickly will make his mark in the NFL.

Sullivan adds, “Tyke played for me in the mid-80s on some of the best teams we had at LSU. He was a very hard worker. I encouraged him to enter coaching and have followed his career. He is a high-character
individual, a true student of the game, and I have great trust in him.”

http://www.azcardinals.com/press/pressdetails.php?sid=1067

Romes
01-26-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282

Not so fast...I found the Pittsburgh connection ;)

Meanwhile, Cowher is working diligently to replace fired wide receivers coach Kenny Jackson. Tyke Tolbert, 36, visited with Cowher and other team officials yesterday. Tolbert coached wide receivers for the Arizona Cardinals last season, helping rookie Anquan Boldin earn NFL offensive rookie of the year honors with 101 receptions for 1,377 yards and eight touchdowns.

Tolbert also worked for University of Florida coach Ron Zook, a former Steelers assistant, in 2002 and was on the staff at Louisiana-Lafayette when Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor was there.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/steelerslive/archive/s_174684.html

:banme:

zone
01-26-2004, 02:41 PM
I don't understand why J.Kelly won't be a QB coach? Is it because he wants to spend time with his son? If not then why not?

Pride
01-26-2004, 02:59 PM
Not so fast...I found the Pittsburgh connection ;)

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/steelerslive/archive/s_174684.html

:banme:

:rofl: :bf1:

Tatonka
01-26-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by zone
I don't understand why J.Kelly won't be a QB coach? Is it because he wants to spend time with his son? If not then why not?

he does want to spend this time with his son... and maybe he is not the coaching type.. i know me personally.. i find coaching very frustrating.. i play hockey and have coached hockey.. when i am coaching.. when someone makes a mistake.. i want to bench them and put myself in.

:D

Dozerdog
01-26-2004, 03:27 PM
Considering the successes at AZ were with a rookie QB in McCown and veteran journeyman Jeff Blake chucking up ducks

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-26-2004, 03:52 PM
:shakeno: He comes from the Cardinals a team that has been bad for so long what makes you so shure that he can coach our WR's and he's only got 1 yr. of coaching expierience it's like Greg Williams bringing in his coaches that didn't have coaching expierence.

Dozerdog
01-26-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by BillsChampsin04
:shakeno: He comes from the Cardinals a team that has been bad for so long what makes you so shure that he can coach our WR's and he's only got 1 yr. of coaching expierience it's like Greg Williams bringing in his coaches that didn't have coaching expierence.

I'd be worried if his entire staff were rookies- Like GW- but he's got a blend of Old (Mcnally) , rising (Clements. Gray and Krumrie) and young (Tolbert)

The Spaz
01-26-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by BillsChampsin04

Exactly he was with the Cardinals one year helped Boldin and Johnson and got the **** out of dodge. He was alos a WR so he knows what ti takes to be a good one!:up::beer:

Dozerdog
01-26-2004, 04:02 PM
Before the Cards, he spent a year at Florida- decent WR's there too...

Tatonka
01-26-2004, 04:16 PM
the cards also had that other kid that played well too.. a nobody named Poole.. he happened to knock the vikings out of the playoffs with "the catch"...

this is a good signing imho.. and i am actually very very excited about the staff at this point.. from top to bottom.. i have no concerns about ANY of the coaches as this point.. or any of the front office guys either.

madness
01-26-2004, 05:12 PM
Hmm... Looks like MM is starting to impress some of you. Granted, he has aways to go, but it looks like he knows what he's doing.

ShadowHawk7
01-26-2004, 06:14 PM
lol, his pic looks like more of a player

juice
01-26-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Considering the successes at AZ were with a rookie QB in McCown and veteran journeyman Jeff Blake chucking up ducks

Boldin isn't the first reciever Jeff Blake has turned into a superstar. ECU PRODUCT

mypoorfriendme
01-26-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
this is a good signing imho.. and i am actually very very excited about the staff at this point.. from top to bottom.. i have no concerns about ANY of the coaches as this point.. or any of the front office guys either.

1.) he didnt have a job for a reason

2.) what about our new rb's coach who spent his last years with the giants? he really developed dayne and also taught tiki how to hold the ball,

is there something im missing?

The Spaz
01-26-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme

2.) what about our new rb's coach who spent his last years with the giants? he really developed dayne and also taught tiki how to hold the ball,

1. It was the Cardinals. You don't think he did a good job with Anquan Boldin an dthe other no name Wr's on that team?

2. Tiki Barber was fumbling before Studeville became their RB coach. I can't beleive you actually bring up Dayne the guy is a but job.

Romes
01-26-2004, 07:02 PM
The reason he didn't have a job is because Dennis Green is assembling his own staff.

mypoorfriendme
01-26-2004, 07:04 PM
1.) sure boldin produced, but so did a lot of other recivers. maybe boldin is just good

2.) all i know is that i wasnt impressed by the giants running backs performance. but i guess i defeat that arguement by my own rationalle

Tatonka
01-26-2004, 07:15 PM

The reason he didn't have a job is because Dennis Green is assembling his own staff.

romes answered before i could.

1.) sure boldin produced, but so did a lot of other recivers. maybe boldin is just good

2.) all i know is that i wasnt impressed by the giants running backs performance. but i guess i defeat that arguement by my own rationalle

it was more than just boldin.. he got bryant to play well, along with poole... all of which were rookies/nobodies.

The Spaz
01-26-2004, 07:25 PM
Quit Tatonka we make too much sense. Hey check out the 2004 mock draft thread that BB.com just put out.