• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

malarkey on WNSA with Jim Brinson

Mike Malarkey was on talking to Brinson this morning on WNSA. JB asked him how the coaching staff was coming along? Malarkey said "that he's been talking to coaches almost everyday and that the staff is almost complete and will be announcing it very soon".
    JB also asked him about if the BILLS would draft Rivers "he says most DEFINEATELY if he's there at #13 we would take him he's got a strong arm and very mobile and he would be a good QB for the future for us." So does this mean we'll take Rivers it shure sounds like it.
  • The Natrix
    • Jul 2002

Yeah Baby! Drew will be on the bench come week 8.

Byrd.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
      • Jul 2002

TD said in an interview in Bills Digest that they will VERY likely draft a QB in the early rounds this year.

Comment

• Romes
        • Jul 2002

Re: malarkey on WNSA with Jim Brinson

Originally posted by BillsChampsin04
        JB also asked him about if the BILLS would draft Rivers "he says most DEFINEATELY if he's there at #13 we would take him he's got a strong arm and very mobile and he would be a good QB for the future for us." So does this mean we'll take Rivers it shure sounds like it.
        I thought Rivers was not mobile

Great post BillsChamp but can anyone else confirm this?

I would be happy with Rivers but this seems odd that 3 months before the draft, before the combine, we have already decided on our #13 pick. Heck, the Chargers haven't even decided and they don't have anyone before them.
        Originally posted by paladin warrior
        RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• The Natrix
          • Jul 2002

Re: Re: malarkey on WNSA with Jim Brinson

Originally posted by Romes

I thought Rivers was not mobile

I've watched him in 4 games and he is definitely not a running QB, but he moves around nice in the pocket and can run for the first down if needed. In my opinion it is neccessary for a QB to effectively roll out, which he can do and Bledsoe can't. It opens up more options for the O on designed rollouts.

Byrd.

Comment

• ryven
            • Jan 2003

The way I look at I dont care if we have a vick as QB as long as we have a guy who can move a little bit to give the WR more time to get free.

Comment

• don137
              • Jul 2002

TD never tips his hand so it could be a ploy...One thing I learned about TD. Expect the unexpected.

Comment

• The Natrix
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by don137
                TD never tips his hand so it could be a ploy...One thing I learned about TD. Expect the unexpected.
                Yeah but this time I really don't see any advantage to it being a ploy

Byrd.

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by The Natrix

Yeah but this time I really don't see any advantage to it being a ploy
                  Sure there is Miami is in hot pursuit of Phillip Rivers and they don't have a 2nd round pick.

Comment

• The Natrix
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz

Sure there is Miami is in hot pursuit of Phillip Rivers and they don't have a 2nd round pick.
                    Yeah but without a 2nd rounder how would Miami be able to move ahead of 13?

Byrd.

Comment

• The Spaz
                      • Mar 2003

They won't we deal down and Miami doesn't have the option of getting back ahead of us because they do lack a 2nd round pick.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Natrix
                        I've watched him in 4 games and he is definitely not a running QB, but he moves around nice in the pocket and can run for the first down if needed. In my opinion it is neccessary for a QB to effectively roll out, which he can do and Bledsoe can't. It opens up more options for the O on designed rollouts.
                        i have seen this on a couple different sites.. about him not being moble.. i have also watched at least 5-6 of his full games.. and i can say, without a shadow of a doubt is is mobile.. now, this doesnt mean that he is gonna outrun LBs and DBs.. but he will get away from most DL, and he is easily as moble as say, brett farve, or elway... he is NOT a scrambler.. but he moves around in the pocket alot and seems to step up in the pocket, as oppose to stumble backwards and take a sack like bledsoe does.

so to answer your question.. he IS mobile, and can avoid a blitz/rush.. he is NOT a scrambler.
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Romes
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka

i have seen this on a couple different sites.. about him not being moble.. i have also watched at least 5-6 of his full games.. and i can say, without a shadow of a doubt is is mobile.. now, this doesnt mean that he is gonna outrun LBs and DBs.. but he will get away from most DL, and he is easily as moble as say, brett farve, or elway... he is NOT a scrambler.. but he moves around in the pocket alot and seems to step up in the pocket, as oppose to stumble backwards and take a sack like bledsoe does.

so to answer your question.. he IS mobile, and can avoid a blitz/rush.. he is NOT a scrambler.
                          Good to hear
                          Originally posted by paladin warrior
                          RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsChampsin04
                            "he says most DEFINEATELY if he's there at #13 we would take him he's got a strong arm and very mobile and he would be a good QB for the future for us."
                            so his exact words were if rivers is there at 13, the are taking him?

why in the F would he say that??? there is NO advantage to saying that.. and since when does MM make draft calls over TD and TM??

i need to hear the sound bite.. that just doesnt seem right..

maybe he was saying that he was WORTH a 13 pick.. meaning that the bills see him as a first rounder..
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Bmax
                              • Aug 2003

Anybody that has read any of my posts knows that i'm not the biggest phillip rivers fan.... I see the talent but i'm very leary...

I can't see us drafting him at 13 this would be a big reach and a mistake ..So what if the dolphins like him at their position in rd 1 ..

Most scouts have rivers as the #3 qb .. anybody know where kiper has him...just curious.........Rivers in rd 2 ok or 3 but rd 1 ...why when we have such a need at ol and de and even wr..

Bmax
                              Last edited by Bmax; 01-26-2004, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X