• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

Mel Kiper Jr. on Rivers today on Dan Patrick

I would have thought that Dan was talking to Tatonka, the way he was gushing on and on about Rivers. He says Rivers has moved up into the Manning / Roethesburger class and would not be surprised to the Pittsburgh take him at 11. He is very, very, high on Rivers.

It is kind of amazing on how one half of a football game moves a guy up from round 3 to the very top.
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• lordofgun
      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

One freaking game. Stupid.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

He'll be there for us at #13. I'm not worried.

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

One less team to take Sean taylor

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

Re: Mel Kiper Jr. on Rivers today on Dan Patrick

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
            I would have thought that Dan was talking to Tatonka, the way he was gushing on and on about Rivers. He says Rivers has moved up into the Manning / Roethesburger class and would not be surprised to the Pittsburgh take him at 11. He is very, very, high on Rivers.

It is kind of amazing on how one half of a football game moves a guy up from round 3 to the very top.

i will say this..

looking back at his numbers.. he never should have been considered a 3rd round pick.. there is no reason for it.. he has size, adequate mobility, great accuracy,ect..

i think that the reason his last two bowl games have moved him up are because of this.. people said the 2 knocks on him were his throwing motion.. and his arm strength.

in these last two bowl games, people have been paying very close attention to him, and have seen what i have.. that he CAN launch the ball down the field.. he did it all game in his bowl game.. en route to throwing 5 friggin tds and 485 yards... and again in the senior bowl... throwing a 65 yard strike to henderson that was perfect, right on the money..

the other knock was his throwing motion.. now i can understand this if he was a 5'9" QB.. but the guy is 6'4".. so the hell what if he throws the ball 10 degrees lower than he should.. people laud him for his super quick release.. well his throwing motion is part of that quick release.

i think people are actually starting to look at the important things.. like the fact that he is a winner.. in 5 bowl games.. not only has he WON ALL OF THEM.. but he has actually been the MVP OF ALL OF THEM!!!.. that is what i call performance. his stats were better than eli mannings this year.. he is a good character guy who has said again and again, that while he doesnt think there is anything wrong with his throwing motion, he will work to do whatever the coaches think is best to help him be good, including changing the way he throws... he is married with a child, and has balanced that with his good grades and being a winner on the field..

i think people are just realizing that they made a mistake in the initial projections of rivers.. not that it is just one or two games that has helped him fly up the boards.

does that make sense?
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Bmax
              • Aug 2003

Well thanks for the kiper update....I guess the rivers bandwagon is getting huge.....Still he has to go thru the workouts....

And trust me he is not close to manning ...Eli has everything plus a better throwing motion.. he will be the # 1 pick......

Bmax...

At least with rivers shooting up draft boards he won't be here oh well ...better get ready for a qb in rd 2 or 3...

Go Bills
              Last edited by Bmax; 01-26-2004, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bmax

And trust me he is not close to manning ...Eli has everything plus a better throwing motion.. he will be the # 1 pick......

Bmax...

At least with rivers shouting up draft boards he won't be here oh well ...better get ready for a qb in rd 2 or 3...

Go Bills

care to make a wager that SD does not draft manning?
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Well thanks for the kiper update....I guess the rivers bandwagon is getting huge.....Still he has to go thru the workouts....

Bmax...

At least with rivers shouting up draft boards he won't be here oh well ...better get ready for a qb in rd 2 or 3...

Go Bills
                  Honestly I am not even that impressed with Eli Manning. I watched a bunch of his games this season and he never blew me away. I didn't notice him having a superstrong arm or great mobility either. Not saying I would take Rivers over him but just throwing that out there.

Comment

• Bmax
                    • Aug 2003

sure .. what's your fancy.. I live in buffalo so what in wny do you desire ?

I think a trade is in store for the #1 pick .. no doubt that manning will be the first qb taken...

Bmax

Comment

• Dozerdog
                      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

I think Marty will trade down 4-5 spots and get Taylor myself.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

I think a trade is in store for the #1 pick .. no doubt that manning will be the first qb taken...

Bmax
                        I wouldn't want to trade up to get Manning. I would rather trade down. Fix our oline, and get a qb later.

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

Bmax
                          he may be the first qb taken.. but i am saying that san diego will not take him first overall.

Comment

• Bmax
                            • Aug 2003

yeah marty and aj doesn't have the balls...Brees is done .. i would blow up the chargers and draft manning and trade brees ....Just my opinon.....

Bmax...

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

comments on this?

Originally posted by Tatonka

i will say this..

looking back at his numbers.. he never should have been considered a 3rd round pick.. there is no reason for it.. he has size, adequate mobility, great accuracy,ect..

i think that the reason his last two bowl games have moved him up are because of this.. people said the 2 knocks on him were his throwing motion.. and his arm strength.

in these last two bowl games, people have been paying very close attention to him, and have seen what i have.. that he CAN launch the ball down the field.. he did it all game in his bowl game.. en route to throwing 5 friggin tds and 485 yards... and again in the senior bowl... throwing a 65 yard strike to henderson that was perfect, right on the money..

the other knock was his throwing motion.. now i can understand this if he was a 5'9" QB.. but the guy is 6'4".. so the hell what if he throws the ball 10 degrees lower than he should.. people laud him for his super quick release.. well his throwing motion is part of that quick release.

i think people are actually starting to look at the important things.. like the fact that he is a winner.. in 5 bowl games.. not only has he WON ALL OF THEM.. but he has actually been the MVP OF ALL OF THEM!!!.. that is what i call performance. his stats were better than eli mannings this year.. he is a good character guy who has said again and again, that while he doesnt think there is anything wrong with his throwing motion, he will work to do whatever the coaches think is best to help him be good, including changing the way he throws... he is married with a child, and has balanced that with his good grades and being a winner on the field..

i think people are just realizing that they made a mistake in the initial projections of rivers.. not that it is just one or two games that has helped him fly up the boards.

does that make sense?

Comment

Working...
                              X