PDA

View Full Version : My prediction for the 04 Giants

OpIv37
01-26-2004, 04:20 PM
With Gilbride calling the plays, they'll start 4-1 and put up some good passing numbers. But then teams will figure out that they don't run the ball and start dropping 7 into pass coverage and blitzing on every down (especially 3rd and 2). It won't matter what the defense does, because the offense will struggle to put up 10 points a game. The offense will drop to the bottom 5 in the league, Kerry Collins will be injured by Week 8 and they will finish the season 7-9 or worse.

Good luck, NYC- you're gonna need it.

Brian Griese Rulz
01-26-2004, 04:24 PM
Actually what I see is if Shockey,Collins,Toomer,Hillard and Barber stay healthy, they will be a Top 10 Offense next year. They will also win their division.

When Gilbrides Offense's have talent and stay basically injury free they produce.

The Natrix
01-26-2004, 04:31 PM
I really don't think that is all that great Talent.

OpIv37
01-26-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Brian Griese Rulz
Actually what I see is if Shockey,Collins,Toomer,Hillard and Barber stay healthy, they will be a Top 10 Offense next year. They will also win their division.

When Gilbrides Offense's have talent and stay basically injury free they produce.

Well Barber's an RB, which means he's basically non-existent in a KG offense, and Collins will be injured because of KG's blocking schemes. They do have talent, but so did the Bills this year and it wasn't enough to overcome KG (granted, they did have a key injury to Moulds).

Also, the same group basically gave up on Fassel last year- Coughlin has a tough task ahead of him if he wants to motivate that offense.

Dozerdog
01-26-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Brian Griese Rulz

The group as a whole is pretty injury prone (Hilliard especially) so I don't see how next will be any different

Philly Zoner
01-26-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by OpIv37

Well Barber's an RB, which means he's basically non-existent in a KG offense, and Collins will be injured because of KG's blocking schemes. They do have talent, but so did the Bills this year and it wasn't enough to overcome KG (granted, they did have a key injury to Moulds).

Also, the same group basically gave up on Fassel last year- Coughlin has a tough task ahead of him if he wants to motivate that offense.

yeah, I'm with you. Plus the NYG's OL makes ours look like the Great Wall. Collins better up his life insurance before next season.

Coughlin, as a poster-boy hard-ass, is the man to make the Giants put on some game faces. But I can't believe he thinks he's gonna be able to get along with KG. That's going to be fun to watch. Betcha KG gets punched again.

The Spaz
01-26-2004, 05:49 PM
My prediction:

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Brian Griese Rulz
01-26-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

The group as a whole is pretty injury prone (Hilliard especially) so I don't see how next will be any different

Maybe the Giants will trade up and take Fitzgerald.

Collins
Barber
Toomer
Hillard
Fitzgerald
Shockey

Is a O-Cord. wet dream. (Provided they stay healthy)

Devin
01-26-2004, 07:52 PM
your aware KG is the QB coach not OC right?

Brian Griese Rulz
01-26-2004, 08:29 PM
Nope, thought he was O-C

OpIv37
01-26-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Devin
your aware KG is the QB coach not OC right?

Well that changes things- the report I saw had him as OC. Anyone got a link?