X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Tyke/Moulds/Reed need speed to suceed

Now that Tyke has the recieving gig, will another impact player be bought in to opposite Moulds. I'm sure Tyke would like to have another potential high impact star to bring along while assisting Reed in his continued development. Aiken might be looked to fit the bill, but if not him who might be looked at in the draft or free agency?

Moulds seems to recognize a key missing element, not only to free him up from double teams but also to help out with the deep ball, a Price type to target. He seems to like the idea of twin deep threats, like he and TO could provide.

Reed has the potential to be a high impact player and with a Quality coach like Tyke may be ready to step up and be the consistent player he was in college and his rookie season. Pressure and expectations may have caused him to underacheive at the beginning of the season until mid-season when he became the most consistent reciever.

Had Reed been allowed to play the slot reciever his growth as the third option may not have ben stunted by the doomed offensive play schemes of last year. Reed as the second option allows defenders to adjust coverages to account for Moulds being the only legit deep threat. Offensive play schemes should get the ball to Reed early so he can use his YAC ability, screens and Quick hitch passes will work towards his strengths.

Who is a posible FA pick up or draft eligible player who could fill the role as the next Boldon type breakout player. Maybe Aiken or Coleman can fill the role or maybe its time to bring in some fresh meat.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Don't know really. I think Burress and Ward succeeded in Mularkeys offensive scheme and Ireally don't think of them as real burners either.

Comment

• juice
      • Aug 2003

Burress is a 6'4 Moss type baller, and Ward has the heart of a lion. Besides Moulds we have no recievers of that calliber.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Bert102176
        • Aug 2002

not yet we don't anyways
        lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

I like Ward but Burress isn't close to Moulds because he really stands out as a slacker sometimes. That's just my opinion though he has size but Moss gets away with it more because he makes more plays.

Comment

• juice
            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by juice
            Burress is a 6'4 Moss type baller, and Ward has the heart of a lion. Besides Moulds we have no recievers of that calliber.
            He has some of the same positives in that they can make the adjustment on any pass and go up and get it. Burress also goes accross the middle which Moss doesn't do. They also have the same type build, long and lankey.

Comment

• Pride
              • Jul 2002

How is it that everyone things Price was the only reason our offense could move the ball? That just isn't the case. The entire offensive scheme was horrible. We didn't throw deep this year, because bledsoe only got 2.5 seconds in the pocket before he had to release or take a sack. 2.5 seconds doesnt get a WR open enough for a 40 yard pass.

With a better scheme, better pass protection, and a more decisive Drew (I know I know...) the passing game will be just fine. Remember, we dont want the passing attack we had weeks 1-8 of 2002. We want the passing attack that can assist the running game by stretching a defense and slowing down the linebackers from getting to the ball because they will be looking for the pass.

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

i like our wrs.. people are too impatient..

other than darrel jackson.. i dont want anyone else.. fa or draft..
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka

That's exactly what I said a while back either get jackson as a FA or just go by the draft. I do not want TO.

Comment

• juice
                    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka

Our recievers were one of the worst tandems in the league, and the addition of another reciever wont do much to help this offense if Reed is played out of position again this year.

Comment

• The Spaz
                      • Mar 2003

Our recievers were one of the worst tandems in the league, and the addition of another reciever wont do much to help this offense if Reed is played out of position again this year.
                      Again a lot of that has to do with Moulds being hurt most of the year.

Comment

• juice
                        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by The Spaz
                        Again a lot of that has to do with Moulds being hurt most of the year.
                        Someone needs to step up when you have an injury at a skilled position. Showed this teams lack of depth at reciever.

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

Someone needs to step up when you have an injury at a skilled position. Showed this teams lack of depth at reciever.

as a wr... it is hard to step up when your qb sucks a fat one.
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Spaz
                            • Mar 2003

I don't think too many 2nd year receivers could do that let alone one with a less than stellar offensive game plan in place.

Comment

• EDS
                              • Jan 2003

While I would love to see one of the premier receivers from this draft in a Bills uniform, I think the Bills have bigger needs in the first round. If they can land a speed guy in round two like Lee Evans or Devery Henderson then that may make sense, otherwise they should probably fill other needs. Probably the best thing to do, in my opinion is to add a free agent like Dennis Northcutt to the mix, as long as he is not too expensive. Northcutt or similar player, while not necessarily starting, could add another look for the offense because of the ability to stretch the field.

Comment

Working...
                              X