• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

If we draft a QB in the first round...

...it will (most likely) be the second straight year when our first-round pick will have no impact on our season.

No thanks. We need to fill holes now and make a SB run before it's too late.

(That said, if for some ungodly reason, Ben or Eli were to fall into our laps, I wouldn't complain.)

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

i agree.
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

You are right the only way I see us picking a QB is is one of them fell. I just don't see us picking a QB unless we trade down and acquire an additional 2nd Rnd. pick. Other than doing that I just don't think we will do it. Then again our draft outlook could completely change if TD plans to go the FA route for a lot of our needs.

Comment

• superbills
        • Mar 2003

I would argue that the only players who will make a real impact this year are the ones who will probably be off the board when we pick at 13. Anyone we draft (from the projections I've seen) will probably take at least a year to be a full-time starter.

So, given that, why shouldn't we take a QB in round 1? Especially a guy like Rivers who just knows how to win. This guy just ets better every time I see him. I would not complain one bit if we took him at 13 (or better yet traded down and stole him from the Dolphins).
        "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
        Ronald Reagan
        40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• Ð
          1-800-SAD-GOAT
          • Jul 2002

We need another running back

Comment

• Devin
            The Octagon
            • Apr 2003

be nice to grab rivers in the 1st (lower 1st of course) then with our 2 2nd rounders grab Lavalais and a ranked OL.
            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
              ...it will (most likely) be the second straight year when our first-round pick will have no impact on our season.

No thanks. We need to fill holes now and make a SB run before it's too late.

(That said, if for some ungodly reason, Ben or Eli were to fall into our laps, I wouldn't complain.)

you mean like byron leftwich didnt make any impact last year?
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• BillsMan80
                Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
                • Jul 2002

The only players who have a chance to be there and who fill a need for us, and that I feel would actually have a major impact this year are Reggie Williams, Roy Williams, Kellen Winslow, Shawn Andrews, Chris Gamble(If Winfield leaves), Vernon Carey(Later in the 1st), and possibly Jake Grove(later), but aside from that, this draft lacks front-line talent. It has a lot depth, but little front-line talent. I am very impressed with the WR prospects though, as Fitz, Williams, and Williams all seem ready to play a big role in their 1st year.
                The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
                THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Comment

• lordofgun
                  in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                  you mean like byron leftwich didnt make any impact last year?
                  I doubt they'd bench Drew this year. If they keep Drew, it won't be in a backup role. The only way a QB has an impact this year is MAYBE if Drew is injured.

No thanks. Not at #13. I could live with it if we traded down.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• juice
                    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by lordofgun
                    I doubt they'd bench Drew this year. If they keep Drew, it won't be in a backup role. The only way a QB has an impact this year is MAYBE if Drew is injured.

No thanks. Not at #13. I could live with it if we traded down.
                    Right, they wont bench a Six Million dollar man, the same as Wade Phillips wouldn't bench Rob Johnson.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• CanaanVtBillsFan
                      • Sep 2003

What will our RB status be in 2004?

I hate to say this but I recall Buffalo having a dilemma years ago over a decent running back who was challenged by another decent running back

What happened?
                      Whinning ,benching, complaining, injury,lack of training
                      And wasn't it the last game of his Bills career against Seattle his best performance?
                      But we let him gooooooooo!

We got the shaft and Antwane Smith is going for his second ring and is looking like a stud!

Who did we keep in place of him??????
                      Morris?Linton?

Travis is a Bull
                      So what the &(*(&(* we going to do with Willis????

We'll never go with a two back set without one of them whinning that I'm better
                      balh blah blah

I think it was a horrible draft
                      unless we trade him for quality players

Whats our WR Dilemma going to be
                      none of the three we got have anything to show for bragging rights this year
                      Shaw, Moulds, Reed

Boy I bet P. Price was laughing after the humiliation we got this year

So if we go for a QB I'll hop off the wagon Reaaaaaal Quick

I moved from Buffalo 3 yrs ago
                      and Guess were I live
                      Northern New Hampshire?Vermont Border
                      UGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!

I get dogged left and right
                      They call themselves fans
                      PLEASE
                      They have no clue what it's like to grow up in Buffalo

The BILLS will always be my team

PATS SUCK!!!

GO PATHERS!

PEACE
                      TommieBoy

Comment

• TedMock
                        • Jul 2002

Losing Peerless got us Takeo Spikes and I'd still take that tradeoff any day. Yes, Peerless stretched the field but he also dropped a lot of balls. Josh Reed dropped a bunch early but got back on track. He's obviously not a speedster. Even with Peerless, this offense wasn't going anywhere. Defenses figured it out, our QB had a terrible year, Moulds was injured and our interior OL sucked. Peerless would've been as productive in Buffalo as he was in Atlanta. McGahee was not a need and Henry's my favorite Bill right now but it's also real hard to let McGahee slide by. IF he comes back healthy, he'll be better than Henry. He's not a "scat back" or "change of pace back" the way some are touting him. The kid ran a 4.2 and is 6', 230lbs. Big, fast, athletic and can catch the ball. If not, we took a shot....we move on. At least we'll get a chance to have 2 awesome backs for one year.

Comment

• ryven
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by TedMock
                          Losing Peerless got us Takeo Spikes and I'd still take that tradeoff any day. Yes, Peerless stretched the field but he also dropped a lot of balls. Josh Reed dropped a bunch early but got back on track. He's obviously not a speedster. Even with Peerless, this offense wasn't going anywhere. Defenses figured it out, our QB had a terrible year, Moulds was injured and our interior OL sucked. Peerless would've been as productive in Buffalo as he was in Atlanta. McGahee was not a need and Henry's my favorite Bill right now but it's also real hard to let McGahee slide by. IF he comes back healthy, he'll be better than Henry. He's not a "scat back" or "change of pace back" the way some are touting him. The kid ran a 4.2 and is 6', 230lbs. Big, fast, athletic and can catch the ball. If not, we took a shot....we move on. At least we'll get a chance to have 2 awesome backs for one year.

Comment

• lordofgun
                            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TedMock
                            I didn't have a problem with the McGahee pick. In fact, I liked it and still do! I just don't want a QB at #13 unless it's Ben or Eli.

Comment

• The Natrix
                              • Jul 2002

I think if Rivers was chosen at #13, Mularkey would not hesitate to bench Drew. He doesn't seem as stubborn as a Wade or G-dub and he would take a page from the Tom Brady situation.

Again, if not Rivers, WHO do you want instead that would most likely be there?

Byrd.

Comment

Working...
                              X