X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RUDEbyallMEANS
    • Jun 2003

Would You Take DE Adewale Ogunleye??

I'm curious to see the Bills fans view of the Bills possibility to get Ogun for a 1st and 3rd round picks.. He more than likely will be tendered a 1st and 3rd rounder, atleast he should..

I think the only thing that hold back the Bills defense from being dominant is a player like Ogunleye.. A dominant pass rusher who dominated a top 5 draft pick (Mike Williams) in both games last year

Your thoughts??

Boston puts Woodson face first. "What else is new???"

>>>>>>>>>> Troy Vincents Worst Nightmare <<<<<<<<<<<

"Who's The BIATCH NOW"!!!!!!!??????
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

A 1st and 3rd??? Are you nuts?

No thanks. I might consider a 4th but that's it.

Comment

• ryven
      • Jan 2003

Well I thought he was only RFA so I dont know about giving up a first rounder but he is a guy who has made good progress and I wouldn't mind him on this team but I seroiusly dont see it happening.

Comment

• The Natrix
        • Jul 2002

I would probably stop being a Bills fan

Byrd.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

He is a good player but I wouldn't give up that much to get him. If he was an unrestricted FA I would love for the Bills to sign him, but I don't want to give up any picks for him.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Natrix
            I would probably stop being a Bills fan

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

Rude, if we were at the bottom of the first round, i would consider giving up a very LOW first rounder for him.. but no way would i pay a first and a third. I think he is a strong DE, but it remains to be seen how much of that was the system and jason taylor.. it seems whoever you plug in at Oguns spot seems to do well, like bromel and mixon, who both left and did nothing.. david bowens has also done well in that position too before injury.. i just dont have complete faith that his numbers are a direct reflection of his skill.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Ð
                1-800-SAD-GOAT
                • Jul 2002

Yeah, he's no Bruce Schmidt

Comment

• Throne Logic
                  Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                  • Aug 2002

Um, why would Miami ever trade him to Buffalo? Never happen.

If TD tries to pull a power move on his restricted status, then the draft pick compensation is already pre-defined, is it not?
                  Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• The Natrix
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR

well, maybe not. But if they gave up a 1st and a 3rd AND had to pay a guy who had ONE great season, I would lose all faith in the organization. How's that?

Byrd.

Comment

• clumping platelets

I believe Miami will tender him at the 1st rd tender of approx. $1.5 million. The 1st & 3rd tender will be about $1.9 million. At that level, I believe he'll remain in Miami because a team would have to give up a 1st and 3rd PLUS sign him to an outrageous contract. Many teams will shy away and I've read that the Redskins would have likely passed on signing Coles if he had been tendered at the 1st & 3rd level and may have turned their attention to Peerless Price. Hmmm.....maybe we could have gotten more for him in a trade??

However, at the 1st rd tender, I believe some teams in the lower third of the 1st rd will absolutely be interested. This will essentially allow other teams to do Miami's negotiating for them and give them the option of matching any offer sheet signed by O-Gun or taking the 1st rd pick and regained the cap space from the tender. Miami already has a great deal of cap space devoted to the defense and it would likely they would allow him to leave.

My prediction: Miami tenders him at the 1st rd level. Teams in the league will delay trying to sign him, thus limiting Miami's ability to shop in FA (amount of tender stays on cap until resolution of the the player's situation and Miami has a very tight cap, maybe even "cap jail"). Philly, Dallas, or Seattle will sign him to an offer sheet in late March or early April. Miami will not match the offer sheet. Miami will have 2 #1's and get back the tender amount to use for their rookie pool

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

well, maybe not. But if they gave up a 1st and a 3rd AND had to pay a guy who had ONE great season, I would lose all faith in the organization. How's that?
                        Better.

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

he had 9.5 sacks the season before and led the afc this season with 15 sacks... and he wasnt a starter as a rookie.. he just completed his 3rd year.. i would not consider that 2 very good years, and being that he is only 3 years in.. that is very good.
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Natrix
                            • Jul 2002

O yeah, I think he had one good and one great. I like him, just not at that price.

Byrd.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                              short bus extraordinaire
                              • Jul 2002

it would be totally useless to give up a 1st and 3rd for him.it cracks me up how some FISH fans want a 1st and 3rd but turn around and say how great he is.if he was so great,wouldn't they release some other overpaid schmoe?i'd love to see them offer O-gun the $1.8 or $1.9 million,get stuck with him,and then he bolts for greener pastures.
                              Originally posted by yordad
                              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
                              X