PDA

View Full Version : Tight End coach???

ShadowHawk7
01-27-2004, 04:29 PM
I jus read an article posted on BuffaloBills.com and they said the Bills hired TE coach. Except this guy isn't a TE coach and hasn't coached for 2 years... Last he coached was in '02 when he was the OL coach of the COWBOYS!!! Ne confirmation on this?:xplode:

cordog
01-27-2004, 04:32 PM
He was a TE coach before he coached the OL with the Cowboys and its only been 1 yr since he coached.

Tatonka
01-27-2004, 04:33 PM
it is true.. but it is not uncommon for guys to switch skill positions like that.

now we have one of the best oline coaches and an extra one too. :D

The Spaz
01-27-2004, 04:35 PM
He has coached TE's before. He was the Bengals TE coach. Besides him knowing the offensive line as well helps us with the running game which will play a big role this year.

TigerJ
01-27-2004, 04:58 PM
I presume when Bill Parcells took the reigns at Dallas, he dumped most if not all of the assistant coaches to bring in his own guys. Verducci also has nine years as an assistant on the college level. I'm sure he'll be OK. I was kind of hoping that Pete Metzelaars would get the job. I did hear he interviewed. I presume he didn't get it because Verducci had more experience. Of course, Mularkey was a tight end and a tight end coach earlier in his career. If Verducci isn't doing things right, I'm sure Mularkey will set him straight.

BigZ
01-27-2004, 05:08 PM
Interesting choice. Think the tight ends might run block a little better next year?