PDA

View Full Version : A site for those of you with Draft Prospect questions

Tatonka
01-27-2004, 04:42 PM
i know alot of you dont get into the draft quite as much as Spaz, Winfield26, and me.. so i thought i would post a good site that i just found. It has listings of the top 5 players at each position and alot of bios and pictures... i like the fact that it has pictures because i cant read.. ;) .. seriously, i like to get a look at the guys.. especially ones i have not seen play alot. they are still filling out alot of the players, and it will become more complete as the draft gets closer, but here you go.

http://www.qi247inc.com/nfldraft

The Spaz
01-27-2004, 05:07 PM
Awesome very good stuff. You the man T!:up::beer:

DraftBoy
01-27-2004, 05:28 PM
Nice work T, I also like the FA projections thats kinda cool

ryguy8161
01-27-2004, 05:28 PM
Does Udeze really have NO weaknesses, and how did he jump into the picture so quickly above Will Smith when I hadn't even heard of him by mid-season?

The Spaz
01-27-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by ryguy8161
Does Udeze really have NO weaknesses, and how did he jump into the picture so quickly above Will Smith when I hadn't even heard of him by mid-season?

Not sure why you haven't heard of him like his stats say he 16.5 sacks. I think he has jumped over Will Smith for a couple of reason 1. Eduze is bigger and stronger 2. The Ohio State front 4 is filled with draftable d-linemen so that hints at hr may be benefiting from others.

DraftBoy
01-27-2004, 05:36 PM
You live on the east coast maybe one of the major reasons. Believe it or not there is a east coast-west coast media bias.

ryguy8161
01-27-2004, 05:39 PM
It was just weird. I was reading mock drafts back then and it didn't seem Udeze was in the first round and then all of a suddent they start molding into him being in the top 10. WHATEVER!!!:up:

The_Philster
01-27-2004, 05:53 PM
Nice site...though I'm still perplexed as to why everyone thinks our TE position is weak. :idunno:

eyedog
01-27-2004, 06:42 PM
He wasn't in the early mock drafts because he is a junior in school and they didn't know if he was gonna enter the draft.

kardshark19
01-27-2004, 06:56 PM
They project that we will nab Dennis Northcutt from FA. Possible...has been mentioned before

elltrain22
01-27-2004, 08:51 PM
That is one of the most informative football web sites i have ever seen. The projections are tight! I was hoping they might have said Bills for Kearse and/or Walter Jones, but Northcutt would be okay. Still, very cool post as usual.

Tatonka
01-27-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by eyedog
He wasn't in the early mock drafts because he is a junior in school and they didn't know if he was gonna enter the draft.

that is exactly why udeze was not mentioned.. people assume that your staying until you say otherwise.. they dont just toss you into projected draft spots until you say, or hint that you might leave..

this defensive end group is just pure dookie, to be honest.. udeze is the best by far, and offers the most upside.. because he is young and still has alot to learn.. but man.. just looking at him.. he is an absolute beast.. he has the perfect size you look for in a DE.. big and strong enough to be a force against the run.. speed and quickness to get to the qb.. i really like him.. but i am not ready to say screw kelsay and denny.

i know that most hate denny and think the guy is already a bust.. but the guy could still turn out to be a 6-8 sack guy and does fairly well against the run.. he was compaired to phil hanson when he came out, and i still think he can be that mold of a player.. he wont ever be a superstar, but he can still be a very strong player.. imho..

Tatonka
01-27-2004, 08:58 PM
glad you guys like the site.. i was happy i found it.

as the draft nears (sucks to think we are still three months away) the bios will increase till they are all done.

Dozerdog
01-27-2004, 09:05 PM
One site the Zone hooked up with was on the clock draft - they are finally getting on line.

Their Mock so far is one of the more plausible ones out there- no ridiculous reaches.

OTC Draft - Mock Draft 1/22/04
www.otcdraft.com
1 chargers Eli Manning QB Mississippi
2 raiders Larry Fitzgerald WR Pittsburgh
3 cardinals Ben Roethlisberger QB Miami of Ohio
4 giants Robert Gallery OT Iowa
5 redskins Steven Jackson RB Oregon State
6 lions Kevin Jones RB Virginia Tech
7 falcons Shawn Andrews OT Arkansas
8 browns Tommie Harris DT Oklahoma
9 jaguars Kellen Winslow TE Miami (FL)
10 texans Sean Taylor FS Miami (FL)
11 steelers DeAngelo Hall CB Virginia Tech
12 jets Reggie Williams WR Washington
13 bills Kenechi Udeze DE Southern Cal
14 bears Vince Wilfork DT Miami (FL)
15 buccaneers Roy Williams WR Texas
16 49ers Michael Clayton WR LSU
17 bengals Derrick Strait CB Oklahoma
18 saints Jon Vilma MLB Miami (FL)
19 vikings Chris Gamble CB Ohio State
20 dolphins Rashaun Woods WR Oklahoma State
21 patriots DJ Williams OLB Miami (FL)
22 seahawks Randy Starks DT Maryland
23 cowboys Will Smith DE Ohio State
24 broncos Will Poole CB Southern Cal
25 packers Karlos Dansby OLB Auburn
26 rams Marquise Hill DE LSU
27 titans Ben Troupe TE Florida
28 eagles Lee Evans WR Wisconsin
29 colts Dunta Robinson CB South Carolina
30 chiefs Marcus Tubbs DT Texas
31 panthers Devery Henderson WR LSU
32 patriots Greg Jones RB Florida State

We even share our draft articles with them - including one of Tatonkas!

http://www.otcdraft.com/teams/bills.php?action=results&poll_ident=8

Tatonka
01-27-2004, 09:37 PM
thanks dozer!.. i was wondering whatever happened with that.. the one that you fixed up with the pictures was better looking.. but the site overall is very good.. i bookmarked it. ;)

Tatonka
01-27-2004, 09:38 PM
and i would not be unhappy with udeze as our 1st pick.. he is probably not even really on my top 5 of things i think they should do with that pick.. but there is no way you could be unhappy with a guy like that on your team.

DraftBoy
01-27-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
One site the Zone hooked up with was on the clock draft - they are finally getting on line.

Their Mock so far is one of the more plausible ones out there- no ridiculous reaches.

OTC Draft - Mock Draft 1/22/04
www.otcdraft.com
1 chargers Eli Manning QB Mississippi
2 raiders Larry Fitzgerald WR Pittsburgh
3 cardinals Ben Roethlisberger QB Miami of Ohio
4 giants Robert Gallery OT Iowa
5 redskins Steven Jackson RB Oregon State
6 lions Kevin Jones RB Virginia Tech
7 falcons Shawn Andrews OT Arkansas
8 browns Tommie Harris DT Oklahoma
9 jaguars Kellen Winslow TE Miami (FL)
10 texans Sean Taylor FS Miami (FL)
11 steelers DeAngelo Hall CB Virginia Tech
12 jets Reggie Williams WR Washington
13 bills Kenechi Udeze DE Southern Cal
14 bears Vince Wilfork DT Miami (FL)
15 buccaneers Roy Williams WR Texas
16 49ers Michael Clayton WR LSU
17 bengals Derrick Strait CB Oklahoma
18 saints Jon Vilma MLB Miami (FL)
19 vikings Chris Gamble CB Ohio State
20 dolphins Rashaun Woods WR Oklahoma State
21 patriots DJ Williams OLB Miami (FL)
22 seahawks Randy Starks DT Maryland
23 cowboys Will Smith DE Ohio State
24 broncos Will Poole CB Southern Cal
25 packers Karlos Dansby OLB Auburn
26 rams Marquise Hill DE LSU
27 titans Ben Troupe TE Florida
28 eagles Lee Evans WR Wisconsin
29 colts Dunta Robinson CB South Carolina
30 chiefs Marcus Tubbs DT Texas
31 panthers Devery Henderson WR LSU
32 patriots Greg Jones RB Florida State

We even share our draft articles with them - including one of Tatonkas!

http://www.otcdraft.com/teams/bills.php?action=results&poll_ident=8

Damnit! I knew there was something I was supposed to be doing this past weekend. Oh well Ill have something for ya soon DD.

eyedog
01-27-2004, 10:48 PM
One problem pick #26 M. Hill is staying in school I believe.

The Spaz
01-27-2004, 10:53 PM
One problem pick #26 M. Hill is staying in school I believe.

He may have to come out there was some informatiom saying he hired an agent.

Dozerdog
01-27-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
thanks dozer!.. i was wondering whatever happened with that.. the one that you fixed up with the pictures was better looking.. but the site overall is very good.. i bookmarked it. ;)

They didn't want us hosting any images appearing on their site, And i was too lazy to figure out their semi-complicated system to upload them to their server- so I just ditched them.

Tatonka
01-27-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
He may have to come out there was some informatiom saying he hired an agent.

:up:

thats right.. he is not eligable to go back to school because he declared.. then undeclared and said he was staying in school.. but in the mean time, he has already signed an agent.. which makes it against school regulations to play college football again. so he is either gonna play football in the nfl or be a regular student at lsu.

Tatonka
01-27-2004, 10:58 PM
an article on hill is posted on the site dozer was talking about.

http://www.otcdraft.com/news/articles/EpZuZAZkFZGFvUWSmL.php

The Spaz
01-27-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

:up:

thats right.. he is not eligable to go back to school because he declared.. then undeclared and said he was staying in school.. but in the mean time, he has already signed an agent.. which makes it against school regulations to play college football again. so he is either gonna play football in the nfl or be a regular student at lsu.

:nerd::idea::up:

eyedog
01-27-2004, 11:09 PM
Well if thats the case we all know he isn't going back to LSU to be a regular student. Hello NFL. He's a player I like too.

Tatonka
01-27-2004, 11:11 PM
Well if thats the case we all know he isn't going back to LSU to be a regular student. Hello NFL. He's a player I like too.

yeah.. i am wondering how much the fact that it is clear he didnt want to go into the nfl yet will effect his draft status?

eyedog
01-27-2004, 11:14 PM
I'll tell ya a player I'm not big on; Dansby OLB from Auburn. He's a good athlete who makes a lot of athletic plays, which is good, but he isn't real physical imo. And players like that scare me when taking the next step. The good thing is the Bills won't be interested in a OLB this early in the draft.

The Spaz
01-27-2004, 11:21 PM
NOTES: Saban and LSU officials continued to have no comment Saturday on the eligibility of senior-to-be defensive end Marquise Hill. Hill pulled his name out of the NFL draft last Sunday just before the deadline to do so. But some broadcast reports have said that Hill may have signed with a sports agent while trying to make up his mind, thus rendering him ineligible. Hill was in attendance for the parade and at LSU's celebration in Tiger Stadium ... LSU has scheduled its annual Spring Game for Saturday, April 24 in Tiger Stadium.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/stories/012504/spo_hixon001.shtml

lunatic_bills_fan
01-28-2004, 07:28 AM
One thing I'm not so sure about is the FA projections. We would appear to be going into next year with a fairly healthy chunk of cap space to only sign a guy like Northcutt.

hintexas
01-28-2004, 12:42 PM
Dozer that has to be the first mock draft that I have seen that has Roy Williams picked after Reggie Williams. It would be amazing if Roy Williams was still available by the Bills pick. If he was and the Bills did not pick him I would be very upset. I live in the same area as Roy and he would be a major asset (not to mention easy autographs for someone in Texas). Texas Running back Cedric Benson and Miami Tackle Eric Winston should both be high round picks in next years draft.

Tatonka
01-28-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by hintexas
Dozer that has to be the first mock draft that I have seen that has Roy Williams picked after Reggie Williams. It would be amazing if Roy Williams was still available by the Bills pick. If he was and the Bills did not pick him I would be very upset. I live in the same area as Roy and he would be a major asset (not to mention easy autographs for someone in Texas). Texas Running back Cedric Benson and Miami Tackle Eric Winston should both be high round picks in next years draft.

i am not big on roy williams because he will drop easy balls too often.. but benson will be a stud, imho.

HenryRules
01-28-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by lunatic_bills_fan
One thing I'm not so sure about is the FA projections. We would appear to be going into next year with a fairly healthy chunk of cap space to only sign a guy like Northcutt.

I think they do the free agent projections independent of their draft - they have us signing Northcutt and drafting Williams. They have the Bengals signing Winfield and drafting Gamble.