• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Makaveli
    #1 Noronen-Satan Fan
    • Sep 2003

the new era of sabres *****ing

ok i was just thinking of this and looking at stats and stuff, first off, I believe that the whole Sabres-Stars stanley cup thing is old and forgotten so now I think we, Sabres fans, need something else to ***** about lol, that is...

Ales Kotalik should have won the Calder Trophy as rookie of the year! think about it and look at the stats, not only did Ales finish second in rookie scoring with 21 goals (1 behind Zetterberg), he finished 4th in points with 35, not even 10 points behind the number one spot, but he did all of this in a lot less games than did Zetterberg, Nash or Arnason. But oh no that's not JUST it, but he did all of this with "the lowly sabres" of the 02-03 season, Zetterberg accomplished his #1 spot in rookie scoring with the highly talented Red Wings so he had all the help he needed, as well as Jackman, the winner of the Calder Trophy, no doubt he was a GREAT rookie defensemen, but he was judged mainly on his playoff play which isn't right to the players on non playoff teams (ie. Kotalik), and Jackman was playing with the Blues, who has a LOT of talent as well.

Ales Kotalik should of won the Calder Trophy no doubts!

I am not serious when I say we need something new to "***** about", but I am just bringing this up for a good laugh and to see if anyone agree's with me. Cheerio .
  • pyrrhonist
    • Sep 2003

Re: the new era of sabres *****ing

Originally posted by Makaveli
    I believe that the whole Sabres-Stars stanley cup thing is old and forgotten so now I think we, Sabres fans, need something else to ***** about lol, that is...
    My first step to recovering from '99 was realizing that it wasn't Dallas' fault, it was the officials, and the NHL's. NHL

Ah, the Calder debate! This one is a much fresher conversation. I absolutely agree Kotalik was a better candidate than Zetterberg. Sure, Zetterberg is an awesome player, but he A) Plays on Detroit, and he did on a line with Datsyuk and Hull no less, and B) He isn't technically a rookie........he played in the Swedish Elite League. I know it's not the NHL, but that's considered pros. Hell, half of these so-called "rookies" play in a pro league of some sort.

Alas, though, I can see where the Jackman case gets a strong backing. It's a bit harder to come into a role as a top line defenseman than it is to be a 2nd or 3rd line winger. Jackman had to step up, and fast, due to Pronger being out all of the regular season. I do agree with you, that the playoffs are always factored in (Regardless of the fact they say in the voting it doesn't---B.S.), but all in all, Jackman stepped right into a role that many would've taken years to do.

Comment

• SkateZilla
      • Dec 2002

my boy Ales Was Ripped Of..
      He nearly WOn it in 20+ Less Games.
      Skate Zilla
      -----------------------
      Skate Zilla HD Studios:
      SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• realmendontwearteal
        Blue and Gold perhaps....
        • Dec 2003

im pretty sure any sabres fan will not forget that hull didnt score in 99 at HSBC in game 6.... that will always be metioned as one of the worst postseason screwjobs in the playoffs
        Curt Schilling needs to STFU

Comment

Working...
        X