• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Ingtar, I got a question for you

Bradlee Van Pelt and Ryan Dinwiddie

these two guys are being completely disregarded by alot of draft sites... i really like both of them. It is pretty clear that Dinwiddie is a fairly small guy, but has great numbers and was a baller this year..

and my personal favorite quarterback behind Rivers this year was Van Pelt. I just like the guys toughness.. he is a GREAT runner.. i would say he is by far the best runner in this draft (other than maybe the Texas Tech QB) and he has a canon arm.. he is just a little raw.

do either of them have a chance in the nfl.. well.. let me rephrase that.. since most scouts said that Brady was barely worth a pick.. so i know scouts can make mistakes.. but i guess i was wondering what the word was on these two.. what insight can you share?
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • eyedog
    • Jul 2002

Both second day picks. NFL backups imo. I think Van Pelt has the better chance of making it of the two.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by eyedog
      Both second day picks. NFL backups imo. I think Van Pelt has the better chance of making it of the two.

yeah yeah. i know that is the wrap on them.. i am just wondering what the major knocks on them are.. van pelt has decent size, strong arm, some accuracy on the run.. i dont know.. i watched the guy alot this year and he was the start of the game almost every game i watched.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• eyedog
        • Jul 2002

Well were the hell is Ing ? Whats your view Ing ?

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

probably doing some stupid scout stuff..

he really needs to get his priorities in order.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

i like van pelt.he has decent size and he can scramble.he can be reckless at times but i would consider him on Day 2.the Mountain West Conference is underrated.

dinwiddie is small and doesn't have the arm strength.i think he could excel in the CFL though.
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• casdhf
              • Jul 2002

We've already got one Van Pelt, I think two would be a little too confusing.
              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

the pill wont be on the roster this year.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                  H to the 12:20
                  • Jul 2002

I saw Van Pelt a couple of times early in the season and thought he looked good. He's big, can run, and has an arm. What does his bio look like?

Comment

• Winfield_26
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

His stats are great and he had a power back they used to use all the time the two years previous named Cecil Sapp. Anyways Van Pelt's major knock is that he has played against inferior competition when your playing defenses like Air Force and Utah State your gonna have big games. His stats are amazing and hes got all the tools it appears, but the question is can he do the same vs. NFL?? Day 2 pick for sure, he ran simple offenses out west, would need a few seasons to get used to a more complex NFL offense, and needs to read coverages better, and see blitzes coming.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• THenPitBull
                      me fail english? That's unpossible
                      • Jun 2003

regarding Van Pelt, My concern would be in regards not to the importance and postives one can take with a moble QB but as a rookie like Michael Vick he may be inclined to run the ball as a lack of experience. My worry would then lie in Van Pelts opportunity to get injured or hurt.
                      Buffalo 41 Houston 38 1992.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

Re: Ingtar, I got a question for you

Originally posted by Tatonka
                        Bradlee Van Pelt and Ryan Dinwiddie

these two guys are being completely disregarded by alot of draft sites... i really like both of them. It is pretty clear that Dinwiddie is a fairly small guy, but has great numbers and was a baller this year..

and my personal favorite quarterback behind Rivers this year was Van Pelt. I just like the guys toughness.. he is a GREAT runner.. i would say he is by far the best runner in this draft (other than maybe the Texas Tech QB) and he has a canon arm.. he is just a little raw.

do either of them have a chance in the nfl.. well.. let me rephrase that.. since most scouts said that Brady was barely worth a pick.. so i know scouts can make mistakes.. but i guess i was wondering what the word was on these two.. what insight can you share?
                        I saw Van Pelt and I liked his toughness. I didn't know that Symons from Texas Tech was a running QB.

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THenPitBull
                          regarding Van Pelt, My concern would be in regards not to the importance and postives one can take with a moble QB but as a rookie like Michael Vick he may be inclined to run the ball as a lack of experience. My worry would then lie in Van Pelts opportunity to get injured or hurt.
                          actually every year van pelt was the starter (3 years) he became more and more of a passer. i think he would be fine.

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                          I saw Van Pelt and I liked his toughness. I didn't know that Symons from Texas Tech was a running QB.
                          you know what.. maybe it is not symons i was thinking of.. maybe it was the missouri qb.. hmm..

Comment

• eyedog
                            • Jul 2002

Your thinking of Smith at Missouri Tatonka. Symons isn't a runner.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by eyedog
                              Your thinking of Smith at Missouri Tatonka. Symons isn't a runner.
                              yeah.. your right.. i was picturing the game that missouri played against Texas Tech i think.. there was a gazillion points scored and smith ran all over techs defense.. .. sorry bout that.

Comment

Working...
                              X