PDA

View Full Version : Ingtar, I got a question for you

Tatonka
01-27-2004, 10:47 PM
Bradlee Van Pelt and Ryan Dinwiddie

these two guys are being completely disregarded by alot of draft sites... i really like both of them. It is pretty clear that Dinwiddie is a fairly small guy, but has great numbers and was a baller this year..

and my personal favorite quarterback behind Rivers this year was Van Pelt. I just like the guys toughness.. he is a GREAT runner.. i would say he is by far the best runner in this draft (other than maybe the Texas Tech QB) and he has a canon arm.. he is just a little raw.

do either of them have a chance in the nfl.. well.. let me rephrase that.. since most scouts said that Brady was barely worth a pick.. so i know scouts can make mistakes.. but i guess i was wondering what the word was on these two.. what insight can you share?

eyedog
01-27-2004, 11:27 PM
Both second day picks. NFL backups imo. I think Van Pelt has the better chance of making it of the two.

Tatonka
01-27-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by eyedog
Both second day picks. NFL backups imo. I think Van Pelt has the better chance of making it of the two.

yeah yeah. i know that is the wrap on them.. i am just wondering what the major knocks on them are.. van pelt has decent size, strong arm, some accuracy on the run.. i dont know.. i watched the guy alot this year and he was the start of the game almost every game i watched.

eyedog
01-28-2004, 12:17 AM
Well were the hell is Ing ? Whats your view Ing ?

Tatonka
01-28-2004, 12:20 AM
probably doing some stupid scout stuff.. :snicker:

he really needs to get his priorities in order.

SABURZFAN
01-28-2004, 04:39 AM
i like van pelt.he has decent size and he can scramble.he can be reckless at times but i would consider him on Day 2.the Mountain West Conference is underrated.

dinwiddie is small and doesn't have the arm strength.i think he could excel in the CFL though.

casdhf
01-28-2004, 06:18 AM
We've already got one Van Pelt, I think two would be a little too confusing.

Tatonka
01-28-2004, 07:30 AM
the pill wont be on the roster this year.

Jeff1220
01-28-2004, 08:19 AM
I saw Van Pelt a couple of times early in the season and thought he looked good. He's big, can run, and has an arm. What does his bio look like?

DraftBoy
01-28-2004, 08:30 AM
His stats are great and he had a power back they used to use all the time the two years previous named Cecil Sapp. Anyways Van Pelt's major knock is that he has played against inferior competition when your playing defenses like Air Force and Utah State your gonna have big games. His stats are amazing and hes got all the tools it appears, but the question is can he do the same vs. NFL?? Day 2 pick for sure, he ran simple offenses out west, would need a few seasons to get used to a more complex NFL offense, and needs to read coverages better, and see blitzes coming.

THenPitBull
01-28-2004, 08:39 AM
regarding Van Pelt, My concern would be in regards not to the importance and postives one can take with a moble QB but as a rookie like Michael Vick he may be inclined to run the ball as a lack of experience. My worry would then lie in Van Pelts opportunity to get injured or hurt.

THATHURMANATOR
01-28-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
Bradlee Van Pelt and Ryan Dinwiddie

these two guys are being completely disregarded by alot of draft sites... i really like both of them. It is pretty clear that Dinwiddie is a fairly small guy, but has great numbers and was a baller this year..

and my personal favorite quarterback behind Rivers this year was Van Pelt. I just like the guys toughness.. he is a GREAT runner.. i would say he is by far the best runner in this draft (other than maybe the Texas Tech QB) and he has a canon arm.. he is just a little raw.

do either of them have a chance in the nfl.. well.. let me rephrase that.. since most scouts said that Brady was barely worth a pick.. so i know scouts can make mistakes.. but i guess i was wondering what the word was on these two.. what insight can you share?

I saw Van Pelt and I liked his toughness. I didn't know that Symons from Texas Tech was a running QB.

Tatonka
01-28-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by THenPitBull
regarding Van Pelt, My concern would be in regards not to the importance and postives one can take with a moble QB but as a rookie like Michael Vick he may be inclined to run the ball as a lack of experience. My worry would then lie in Van Pelts opportunity to get injured or hurt.

actually every year van pelt was the starter (3 years) he became more and more of a passer. i think he would be fine.

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
I saw Van Pelt and I liked his toughness. I didn't know that Symons from Texas Tech was a running QB.

you know what.. maybe it is not symons i was thinking of.. maybe it was the missouri qb.. hmm..

eyedog
01-28-2004, 10:48 AM
Your thinking of Smith at Missouri Tatonka. Symons isn't a runner.

Tatonka
01-28-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by eyedog
Your thinking of Smith at Missouri Tatonka. Symons isn't a runner.

yeah.. your right.. i was picturing the game that missouri played against Texas Tech i think.. there was a gazillion points scored and smith ran all over techs defense.. .. sorry bout that.

The Spaz
01-28-2004, 11:08 AM
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/miss/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/SmithBrad2002.jpg
<B>Brad Smith</B>

http://mutigers.ocsn.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/smith_brad01.html

:nerd::up::beer:

DraftBoy
01-28-2004, 11:16 AM
Brad Smith is also a Soph more and will not be in this years draft but will be one hell of a QB, in the NFL someday.

The Spaz
01-28-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
Brad Smith is also a Soph more and will not be in this years draft but will be one hell of a QB, in the NFL someday.

I think I saw that at the website.:snicker:

Tatonka
01-29-2004, 10:15 PM
bump for the brousing Ing...:snicker:

Ingtar33
01-29-2004, 10:37 PM
well, Dinwiddie I think is not going to get drafted... I just don't think he's got "it"

As to Van Pelt, he throws a rather inaccurate ball, at least a ball not accurate enough for the pros. He just does too many things wrong... bad feet, he hasn't mastered simple things like getting the nose of the ball to go where he wants it... tending to have serious difficulties when he starts to throw in wind... and he "locks" onto a WR for most of the pattern. He has been made by playing poor defenses... and looks god awful when he's pressured.

Tatonka
01-29-2004, 10:46 PM
well... um..

thats sucks then. lol.. i guess neither guy is an option.

The Spaz
01-29-2004, 10:50 PM
well... um..

thats sucks then. lol.. i guess neither guy is an option.

Chin up!:snicker::up:

Ingtar33
01-29-2004, 11:21 PM
don't give up so quickly... VP's review reads almost identically to Tom Brady's

The difference was... "has a weak arm" and i never said Brady looked bad while pressured or that he prayed upon a weak schedule... otherwise its basically the same review.

The_Philster
01-31-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Ingtar33
and he "locks" onto a WR for most of the pattern

We already have to fix that with our current starting QB :cynic:

madness
02-01-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

We already have to fix that with our current starting QB :cynic:
It's more like Bledsoe becomes one with his target's soul.

The Spaz
02-01-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by madness23

It's more like Bledsoe becomes one with his target's soul.

:lol:

Michael82
04-09-2004, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by Ingtar33
don't give up so quickly... VP's review reads almost identically to Tom Brady's

The difference was... "has a weak arm" and i never said Brady looked bad while pressured or that he prayed upon a weak schedule... otherwise its basically the same review.

Hmmm, thats interesting. Thanks for the tips, Ingtar. I wouldn't be upset if the Bills picked him up in the 7th round or as a UDFA. :D

Tatonka
04-09-2004, 07:27 AM
little late on this one huh? :D

5:52 am... what the hell are you doing up then?

Michael82
04-09-2004, 08:46 AM
little late on this one huh? :D

5:52 am... what the hell are you doing up then?

I haven't gone to bed yet. But I'm starting to feel :coffee:

:z:

Mr. Miyagi
04-09-2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Mikey82
I haven't gone to bed yet. But I'm starting to feel :coffee:

:z:
I wish I was still young enough to pull all-niters like that. :cry:

DraftBoy
04-09-2004, 10:43 AM
Hell im 19 and I cant pull all-nighters or atleast Im not dumb enough too.

The_Philster
04-09-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
Hell im 19 and I cant pull all-nighters or atleast Im not dumb enough too.

Don't let Mikey fool you into thinking he's some God for pulling all-nighters..considering he works the overnight shift and sleeps during the day.

DraftBoy
04-09-2004, 01:09 PM
Yea like through training camps?

The_Philster
04-09-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
Yea like through training camps?

:rofl: Exactly

helmetguy
04-09-2004, 03:18 PM
"Whoever needs eight hours of sleep is wasting four hours."-Herbert C. McDonnell

Words to live by!

justasportsfan
04-10-2004, 09:11 AM
MIke did one hell of a job doing camp reports last year inspite of having to work night shifts. OF course posing with the jills had to help.

Michael82
04-10-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
MIke did one hell of a job doing camp reports last year inspite of having to work night shifts. OF course posing with the jills had to help.

Thanks! :up:

The_Philster
04-10-2004, 09:23 AM
having you to prop him up when he started dozing off probably helped a lot as well. :snicker:

Michael82
04-10-2004, 09:25 AM
having you to prop him up when he started dozing off probably helped a lot as well. :snicker:

That was only once or twice. :mad:

justasportsfan
04-10-2004, 10:15 AM

having you to prop him up when he started dozing off probably helped a lot as well. :snicker: Mikey , I think someone's Jill jealous :D

Dozerdog
04-10-2004, 10:18 AM
Jill envy

justasportsfan
04-10-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Jill envy :nosign:

:D

The_Philster
04-10-2004, 10:22 AM
Mikey , I think someone's Jill jealous :D

:snicker: That'll be the day. Call me when someone's got some of the hottest Buffalo Jills happy to see him at a bikini show. No offense to the Jills he was photographed with, but a couple of promo squadders vs. captains like Marissa, Nichole, and Jenni...just don't measure up. :nana: