PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Everyone - I can't even think about the draft

Turf
01-28-2004, 10:01 AM
I am so disgusted with this team and TD's refusal to make a move mid season at least that I can't even think about the draft. I'm not going to get overly optimistic about this team again until probably game 6 next year if they have a winning record and show some smarts.
In the meantime, while you're all discussing the draft and rightly so, I just can't get into at all this year.

:viohit: I put this here just because I like it.

Dozerdog
01-28-2004, 10:02 AM
Uh...ok....

While we are busy with the draft- can you go on a beer & pizza run?

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-28-2004, 10:03 AM
OK, thanks for the info!!!!

SABURZFAN
01-28-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Uh...ok....

good idea Dozer.:up:

The Spaz
01-28-2004, 10:13 AM
I'm a draftnik I admit it!:nerd:

SABURZFAN
01-28-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
I'm a draftnik I admit it!:nerd:

i can't wait.

Tatonka
01-28-2004, 10:36 AM
i am a draft expert.. ;)

travis.. you will get back into it as soon as we hire our very first big FA signing.. mark my words.

helmetguy
01-28-2004, 10:36 AM
Uh...ok....

Make mine a rack of baby back ribs, and a quart of slaw.

Jan Reimers
01-28-2004, 10:59 AM
Come on Travis, FA signings and the draft - the whole offseason, in fact - are the best times of all. It's the reality of the regular season, when all of our hopes and dreams lie in shreds, that's the tough part.

Tatonka
01-28-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Come on Travis, FA signings and the draft - the whole offseason, in fact - are the best times of all. It's the reality of the regular season, when all of our hopes and dreams lie in shreds, that's the tough part.

rofl.. so true.

The Spaz
01-28-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers

You got that right!:cry:

R. Rich
01-28-2004, 12:38 PM
Uh...ok....

Thanks for thinking of me, Dozer. What will the rest of you be having?

Devin
01-28-2004, 01:13 PM
little debbies, fruit loops, and cheetos?

And a pack of smokes?

superbills
01-28-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by R. Rich

Thanks for thinking of me, Dozer. What will the rest of you be having?

Ahh, he'll have plenty of time to go for wings and, well, more beer, of course!

Turf
01-28-2004, 01:59 PM
Honestly I'd rather take all your orders :)
At least we'll have some good food to eat.
Instead, make that a beer run.

HAMMER
01-28-2004, 04:33 PM
Ahhh the offseason, you can tell when it's here by the exciting threads that get started.

JefftheBillsfan
01-28-2004, 05:40 PM
<3 draft

BuffaloRanger
01-29-2004, 07:11 PM
The thing that's so frustrating about the draft is that after you research all the players, find the players you think will be good fits and good value in each round, you're left feeling empty.

Why? Because that player you wanted was available in round 3, 4 or 5 and the Bills passed on him to take, oh say, a MLB or a WR.

Then when you post "how could the Bills have passed on so and so?" you get ripped for thinking you know more than the GM.

But then the player you wanted has more interceptions than anyone on the Bills, or is the starting Center for a SuperBowl team, and you know you were right all along.

TD will never draft the players you want.

Dozerdog
01-29-2004, 08:17 PM
Who did you want last year that went on to glory while the guy we picked sucked?

BuffaloRanger
01-29-2004, 08:56 PM
It's not so much that a player I wanted went on to glory while the player the Bill's drafted sucked. In most cases there wasn't much difference at season's end. Some there were. It's that I felt all my time following the draft was wasted, when 2 or 3 guys were there each round and the Bills picked someone else. And I mean rounds 3-4-5. That really make or break the draft.

In the 3rd I wanted Wade Smith, Dockery, Manning, or Battle and the Bills selected a MLB?

4th I wanted Klecko, Long or Holt. McGee seems like he might work (hell, any DB that can pick off a pass is valuable on the Bills). Aiken was a wasted pick.

5th I liked Koppen as a Center (definite need and good value in the 5th) to groom behind "don't ask me to shotgun snap" Teague. Especially over a soft, 6-year student that didn't even start his senior year in college (Sobieski). Looking back, you can't say we didn't need it.

Don't take this as whining, I'm not. I don't claim to know more than TD (although I knew the O-line sucked last off-season, something he obviously didn't). I just think it's a waste of time to try to forcast who would be good mid-round picks for the Bills.

To each his own. I'll watch the draft, but I won't concern myself with who the Bills will select (outside the 1st round) beforehand.

This post should effectively kill this thread, and at the very least get it moved to the Draft forum.

The Spaz
01-29-2004, 09:01 PM
You would have never seen Koppen or Klecko if New Englands starters didn't get hurt. Aiken is going to be a decent player but we'll have to see it was his rookie year and he got hurt.

BuffaloRanger
01-29-2004, 09:25 PM
But we would have seen Koppen on the Bills with all the injuries.

Jan Reimers
01-30-2004, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
In the 3rd I wanted Wade Smith, Dockery, Manning, or Battle and the Bills selected a MLB?

4th I wanted Klecko, Long or Holt. McGee seems like he might work (hell, any DB that can pick off a pass is valuable on the Bills). Aiken was a wasted pick.

Crowell was REALLY a wasted pick, and many of us knew it at the time. Not only your guys, but Chris Simms was available.

I think Aiken was a good late 4th round value, and willbe a good WR.