Doesn't it suck that Van Miller retired??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elltrain22
    • Sep 2003

Doesn't it suck that Van Miller retired??

Whats even worse, is that his last season in the booth we played like ship! ( can't say the other word ) His voice was the best, and he always brought so much excitment. Buffalo will surely miss ole' Van.
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...
  • BiLLSRuLE
    • Dec 2003

Yeah, I'm gonna miss that voice.

Comment

• cordog
      eat, drink, and be merry
      • Apr 2003

has anyone heard any rumors about who will be in the booth this year. Im sure murph will be there but who else?

Comment

• Bmax
        • Aug 2003

i like to see murphy and tasker .. but the networks bucks are to good to steve so let's go with marv.......or what about ray bentley is he still on fox...

Bmax

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

Van Miller was a good guy but he would constantly get players names wrong and his pause during the games killed me. For example Jim Kelly drops back.........he spins..........Reed TD......how about that Murph, and your wondering what in the hell happened I liked him because he has been doing it for so long but he wasn't a very detailed announcer.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Jan 2004

Rumor has it that Paul Peck of Channel 4 will be the color commentator and Murph will do the play-by-play. You gotta think that since they did the Pre-Game show on 97 Rock that he would be the guy. BUT IT'S NEVER GOING TO BE THE SAME WITHOUT VAN MILLER HE WILL ALWAYS BE THE VOICE OF THE BILLS. Here are some pictures of Van Miller that were at BB.com http://buffalobills.com/se/lib/setk/...gallery_id=289
            Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 01-28-2004, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• elltrain22
              • Sep 2003

Spaz, couldn't agree w/ you more about Van loosing his train of thought, and his often pauses, but his enthusiasm, and just his voice was classic. I will sorely miss his calls, and no one could ever take his place.
              If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by elltrain22
                Spaz, couldn't agree w/ you more about Van loosing his train of thought, and his often pauses, but his enthusiasm, and just his voice was classic. I will sorely miss his calls, and no one could ever take his place.
                I agree with that it's just that it was obvious it was time for him to go.

Comment

• elltrain22
                  • Sep 2003

no way, i could never get tired of him callin' a game, but i can see your beef.

Comment

• BigZ
                    • Sep 2003

It was time for Van to retire. (Probably should have done it last year). He was losing some of the faculties. I will sure miss hearing his voice though.

When he was at his best (just a couple of years ago) he was one of the best ever!!!!

Comment

• Halbert
                      I'm Not Normal
                      • Jul 2002

I would listen to Van as long as he wanted to have a microphone shoved in his yap.

Comment

• thenry20
                        • Jan 2004

Well, I don't know about everybody else, but I know I will since I've only had the privilege of hearing call the games for only 3 years. Thank God for net access!

Comment

Working...
                        X