PDA

View Full Version : Zone Original: Coy Wire profile

LouGrant
01-29-2004, 04:17 AM
Coy Wire: Commitment On and Off the Field (http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/templates/view.php?action=YourSite_content&month=1&state=news&nid=8927)

The Zone's cub reporter Shelby files this report from Tampa:

Pennsylvania native Coy Wire is no stranger to adjusting to new roles. Wire was a running back in high school, as well as a heavyweight wrestler who was ranked first in his home state, during his senior year. In Wire's freshman year, he started out as a running back for Stanford. However, the coaching staff felt he was too small to be effective, and Wire began playing Inside Linebacker during his junior year. Wire holds the distinction of leading the Stanford team in both rushing and tackles.

Wire was chosen 97th by the Buffalo Bills in the 2002 draft. He was selected to play Strong Safety based on a very successful game in the Senior Bowl. During his 2002 campaign, he notched 71 solo tackles, 25 assists, 3 sacks, and 1 pass defended in the 2002 season. Not a bad beginning for a rookie, starting in yet another position he was not too familiar with. As a Strong Safety, Coy Wire made an immediate impact with both management, and fans of the Buffalo Bills

Tatonka
01-29-2004, 07:15 AM
man.. i wish he could just cover, so he could stick at FS.

Tatonka
01-29-2004, 07:18 AM
good article by the way, shelby.

i went to his site, and i didnt see anything on his clothes line..

also.. wtf is BBI doing with a link on his front page.. someone needs to contact him about getting billszone up there.

Dozerdog
01-29-2004, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
good article by the way, shelby.

i went to his site, and i didnt see anything on his clothes line..

also.. wtf is BBI doing with a link on his front page.. someone needs to contact him about getting billszone up there.

We tried - but they wanted us to sell raffle tickets for Billy'Buffalo's motor scooter (no - really) for the priveledge

JefftheBillsfan
01-29-2004, 08:05 AM
i still say we try to move milloy, maybe move up into taylor running, then start wire @ SS.

casdhf
01-29-2004, 08:37 AM
Fantastic read. :up:

to80td
01-29-2004, 09:46 AM
Nice report.

I love the guy's attitude. He seems to make the most of everything. He was solid on special teams.

Pride
01-29-2004, 12:24 PM
Great work shelby, even though I still don't think he's "hot"

:up:

shelby
01-30-2004, 04:40 AM
:cynic: Pride, he is hot, trust me.:D

Thank you everyone.

Tatonka, here (http://www.mosthighclothing.com/) is the link for Most High clothing. Mikey and #89 hooked me up with one of the T shirts, autographed by Wire...nice stuff.:up: