PDA

View Full Version : Modrak on WNSA 01.29.04

JJamezz
01-29-2004, 07:48 PM
LISTEN (http://www.billszone.com/media/WNSA-012904-ModrakInt.wma)

shelby
01-29-2004, 07:59 PM
:hail: JJ! Thanks!

The Spaz
01-29-2004, 08:03 PM
Good work JJ!:up:

Tatonka
01-29-2004, 08:12 PM
thanks jj. i love getting a chance to listen to those interviews.. since i am in virginia, i would have no other way to check them out. thanks again.

Romes
01-29-2004, 08:18 PM
He sounded pretty high on Rivers. Right now, if I had to bet...I'd say we draft Rivers.

Dozerdog
01-29-2004, 08:51 PM
As usual JJ- hats off !

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-29-2004, 09:06 PM
I think were going to take Rivers #13

Goobylal
01-29-2004, 09:20 PM
I can't get it to work. What did he say?

BuffaloRanger
01-29-2004, 09:28 PM
Another non-contributing 1st rounder!

I think it's a smoke screen. It's way to early.

The Spaz
01-29-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloRanger

Yeah Nate Clements was a terrible pick.

Tatonka
01-29-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloRanger

ANOTHER?..

nate, mike williams.. and mcgahee.... yeah, there has just been tons.

and who is to say that even if it was rivers, he couldnt come in and outperform that solid 11 tds and 24 turnovers that we know bledsoe is good for?

Dozerdog
01-29-2004, 10:00 PM
guess we are supposed to draft guys like Randy Moss, Ladanian Tomlinson, and Julius Peppers every year in th first round

The Spaz
01-29-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
guess we are supposed to draft guys like Randy Moss, Ladanian Tomlinson, and Julius Peppers every year in th first round

Of course!:snicker:

JJamezz
01-29-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Goobylal
I can't get it to work. What did he say?

You need the latest version of Windows Media Player (version 9) - see if that solves the problem. YOu can get it at:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/default.asp

mypoorfriendme
01-29-2004, 10:18 PM
not that this has much do to with anything, but when does the free agency open again??

mypoorfriendme
01-29-2004, 10:19 PM
trade down to 19, get rivers and get another second rounder (ideally)

The Spaz
01-29-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
trade down to 19, get rivers and get another second rounder (ideally)

:up: I like your thinking!

Bmax
01-29-2004, 11:52 PM
yeah that's not bad at all...but something tells me that drafting a qb in rd one and paying all that money is not worth it....No unless we could get him cheap for years 1 and 2 then dump drew...

I still like the idea of drating a guy in rounds 2 or 3 .. what's the scouting reprt for Rod Rutherford.. ingtar.....I like his chances Of being a good pro... I feel that he will be available in rounds 4-5.....

Bmax....

mypoorfriendme
01-29-2004, 11:56 PM
if i werent so high on rivers in particular, id be right along with you considering the amount of surprising talents found in the later rounds. maybe we could find us our own brady so bledsoe can get benched twice in his career by previously unknowns!

cordog
01-30-2004, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

Its TD's fault! He only drafts guys that have played in Pittsburgh, lived in Pittsbugh, been to Pittsbugh or that are Pittsbugh fans

Alluro
01-30-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

ANOTHER?..

nate, mike williams.. and mcgahee.... yeah, there has just been tons.

and who is to say that even if it was rivers, he couldnt come in and outperform that solid 11 tds and 24 turnovers that we know bledsoe is good for?

AMEN !

NC-BILLS44
01-30-2004, 04:15 PM
Take Rivers when ever they can get him. I don't care to over analyze who will go where, but if Taylor is gone, get Rivers. Taylor is probably the only player we could plug right into the starting line up that would make plays.

helmetguy
01-30-2004, 04:35 PM
If we have to draft a QB (which we do) and if TD intends on drafting one (as he said he'd do Day 1 of the draft) then why not grab the best guy available to us? If we expect our first rounder to come in as a franchise guy right away, this franchise is in bigger trouble than even the experts think. We're not in that bad of trouble. It makes more sense to bring in the best guy available and let him grow with the system, rather than toss him in there, get him battered and bludgeoned and ruin his confidence as a rookie. We have the cap space to address our more pressing needs through Free Agency; a luxury a lot of teams with QB questions rarely have. Rivers looks like the kind of guy that has all the raw talent to succeed, along with the temperament to work hard and learn as quickly as possible. So what if he doesn't get on the field this year? When he finally does-in the not to distant future-at least he'll be ready.

HAMMER
01-31-2004, 02:49 PM
I don't think the organization has a lot of confidence in Bledsoe right now. If he looks as indecisive, slow, and inaccurate as he did this year he will not get renewed.

It follows that you take the guy you think can be ready the fastest, not a big project. If they draft a Rivers and he gets comfortable running the offense you might see another Brunell-Leftwich situation. I think they would be wise to grab him if they really like him as much as they say. I personally am ready for the change after watching Drew last year. Even when he had the time he made some brutally poor throws. When he is on he is the best pure passer, but those days are few. In business, when someone isn't working out, you make a change as quickly as is practical. Intangibles count as much as physical talent, Rivers has a funky motion but he wins. He is a leader, has character, and is pretty damn talented.

I like to think about the backfield next year with Henry and McGahee, mmm, mmm, mmm. Fun stuff. I would like to pick up a stud O-Lineman in FA, a fast WR in the second round, or vice versa, and away we go. Hopefully McNally can shuffle and train this O-line.

HenryRules
01-31-2004, 04:09 PM
If we're going to take a QB on the first day, I'd rather we grab one of the 2nd tier guys in round 3 or 4, then let him play here this year and ship him over to NFLE for some playing time next season. Considering that 10% of the starting QB's in the NFL (and I think half the QB's that have been in the last 3 SB's) have played in NFLE, I'm suprised that teams aren't trying to send more highly rated QB's over there. You can learn a fair amount in practice/mop-up duty, but it's nothing compared to what you learn in game-time where your mistakes/successes have an actual impact on the game.