• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LouGrant
    The Zone Editor
    • Jul 2002

Zone Original: Is Drew a good fit?

I'd like to welcome Ryjam282 to the Zone's editorial staff. Here is his innauguarl article. It's a great read.

Is Bledsoe right for the Buffalo Bills? The Steelers named Mike Mularkey their offensive coordinator in 2001. Mularkey's become known for his philosophy of balancing the run and pass, and utilizing as many players as possible to move the ball. He took a QB coming off one of his worst seasons in the NFL and brought Kordell Stewart and SLASH back to life. He made him a pro-bowler once again and I for one believe he can do the same thing for Drew Bledsoe, everything but the SLASH part…

How will the process work? In Buffalo the fans have been hearing for some 2 years now that we will be a power running team and use play-action to help Drew get some better looks. The Bills even drafted an Offensive Tackle in Mike Williams who is 6’6” 370 pounds. I mean what else could he be used for? The team signed Sam Gash, one of the best blocking fullbacks in NFL history, and drafted Willis McGahee in the 1st round even though they had a 1400-yard back in only his second year as a pro. All signs point to a running team. But what happens? 1st and 10 to start the game, a pass play. 3rd and 1 over and over again, another pass. What is going on here? So, the Buffalo Bills bring in Mularkey to rectify the situation. He is well known for his balance of run/pass and I think he will make a difference for Drew Bledsoe and the two-headed monster that will be the Bills backfield next year.

Full story
    Get into the Zone
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Great article!

Comment

• kgun12
      • Jul 2002

Good read!, can't wait for the next one.
      Retired Air Traffic Controller
      USAF VETERAN
      DAV

Comment

• BillsBoy
        I will splash the pot whenever the hell I want!
        • Aug 2002

Very nice! Welcome, and to many more great writes.
        If you don't like your job, you don't strike; you just go in every day and do it really half assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

"In the poker game of life, women are the rake. They are the f**kin' rake."

Comment

• The Natrix
          • Jul 2002

nice job

Byrd.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Great job. With the presence of MM and TC, two great running backs and an improved O line (through the draft, free agency and the coaching of Mcally), Drew - and the Bills offense - should be much better. I see a lot more play action next year.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Pride
              • Jul 2002

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

good work..
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ryjam282
                  Offical Billszone Starting QB
                  • Mar 2003

Thanks for the kind words guys. I can only hope my next articles get such good praises.

Thanks again.

Ryan Withey
                  Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• BigZ
                    • Sep 2003

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ryjam282
                      Thanks for the kind words guys. I can only hope my next articles get such good praises.

Thanks again.
                      remember the first rule of journalism...don't write anything longer than the average person can read during the average crap.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• ryjam282
                        Offical Billszone Starting QB
                        • Mar 2003

Eb, I will keep that in mind. It is very useful feedback though

Ryan Withey
                        Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Dozerdog
                          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Nice!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ryjam282
                            Eb, I will keep that in mind. It is very useful feedback though
                            Good job by the way!!

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

Working...
                            X