PDA

View Full Version : sabres

solomon100
01-31-2004, 10:19 PM
Bondra Trade??
The sabres should keep biron and trade noronen for bondra (who knows maybe they could pull this off)
Biron is maturig and he is a team player though and through and very fan friendly - he is always seems to try to be honest and I have never heard him publically point any fingers about anything. While this can be said of noronen as well. I really don't think noronen will be any better than he currently is and he just doesn't seem to mesh with the team or the public as well as Biron does- just my opinion.

Bondra might well be the addition we need he still has some speed and can still score goals, but what do I know I would have taken don audette back again for my powerplay at the cost of a bag of pucks.

One thing is for sure - you have to give lindy ruff credit he has pushed buttons over and over again and at least the team is showing some heart - and how sweet is it to beat the pompous rangers!!!

The Spaz
01-31-2004, 10:22 PM
Please no more on dimensional players. Bondra has talent but only plays offense.

realmendontwearteal
01-31-2004, 10:50 PM
another scoring threat would be nice.. a defensemen is needed more than a foward

The Spaz
01-31-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by realmendontwearteal
another scoring threat would be nice.. a defensemen is needed more than a foward

A defensemen who has size and has an edge and clears the net!

realmendontwearteal
01-31-2004, 11:01 PM
very true

JD
02-01-2004, 01:10 PM
Chara clears net gooood

pyrrhonist
02-01-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by JD SabreFan
Chara clears net gooood

Yep, and the Sens love having him on the team. There's no way Ottawa is going to deal him to Buffalo.

qcsabresfan84
02-01-2004, 02:47 PM
we should try to pry Gonchar out of Washington. We can give them Mika since Kolzig will probably end up in Philadelphia.

realmendontwearteal
02-01-2004, 03:35 PM
what defensmen are probally gonna get traded in the NHL before the trade deadline?

fushetti
02-02-2004, 08:01 AM
Muckler, a real GM, is looking at Bondra. We all know Darcy isn't going to pull some major deal to actually HELP this team. So, someone should just lock this thread.

Earthquake Enyart
02-02-2004, 09:32 AM
Why in the world we got Timmy and Pyatt for Peca instead of Chara is beyond me.

They traded Chara right after that Peca trade. :mad:

JD
02-02-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by pyrrhonist

Yep, and the Sens love having him on the team. There's no way Ottawa is going to deal him to Buffalo.

.....um I never said that they would. I just stated that hes good at clearing the net.....
:dizzy:

mchurchfie
02-02-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by qcsabresfan84
we should try to pry Gonchar out of Washington. We can give them Mika since Kolzig will probably end up in Philadelphia.

Yes, he's all that we need to go along with our already growing stable of offensive, non physical, wussy defensivemen, ala Campbell and Delmore.:eek:

mchurchfie
02-02-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Why in the world we got Timmy and Pyatt for Peca instead of Chara is beyond me.

They traded Chara right after that Peca trade. :mad:

Word.:up: NYI's are probably still :snicker:ing everytime the name Timmy comes up.:cynic:

pyrrhonist
02-03-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by JD SabreFan
.....um I never said that they would. I just stated that hes good at clearing the net.....
:dizzy:

I know, JD. I'm just stating that he's going nowhere. No harm, no foul!! :10:

Turf
02-03-2004, 09:56 PM
I was alway pulling for us to get Chara, he was there for the taking. Most likely, Connolly fit the softness Regier adores and insisted on him over Chara. Darcy doesn't get toughness. He should be fired.
As far as Connolly goes, a year long concussion at his age is a bit to swallow. I think it's safe to say his career is over.

THATHURMANATOR
02-04-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by qcsabresfan84

Now that is a much better idea. Bondra is 35 and makes too much money.

Valerie
02-04-2004, 10:14 AM
Where do you guys get your information? I haven't heard anything down here about Bondra deals or Ollie looking to leave. Are you guys just talking or have you read legitimate sources saying this stuff?

Ð
02-04-2004, 10:42 AM
Jaded, it's a 'what if' kind of thread.

Valerie
02-04-2004, 10:50 AM
Oh, okay. I don't know about Bondra at all, but I don't think Ollie would leave DC.

Don't those "what if" ideas work better when the people you're talking about are actually talking about leaving or being traded?

SABURZFAN
02-04-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Please no more on dimensional players. Bondra has talent but only plays offense.

isn't that what we're lacking?

SABURZFAN
02-04-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by realmendontwearteal
what defensmen are probally gonna get traded in the NHL before the trade deadline?

i hope zhitnik is one of them.

Ð
02-04-2004, 01:22 PM
Speaking of Chara, did anybody see him bodyslam 6' 2" Brian McCabe the other night ? He threw him like a rag doll.