PDA

View Full Version : I'm glad TD didn't hire Weiss

Jeff1220
02-01-2004, 08:08 PM
They don't do anything special. Most of their success is due to the timing involved between Brady and his receivers. (And, of course, their D)

Also, this Super Bowl sucks. Here's hoping it gets a little more exciting in the next quarter and a half.

casdhf
02-01-2004, 08:19 PM
The half time show was too long.

Devin
02-01-2004, 09:33 PM
erm riiiiiiiiiiiiiight

imbondz
02-01-2004, 09:39 PM
yeah, the Patriots offense only methodically scored 32 points on the best defense in the league this year. They made tons of adjustments and rarely stalled on any possession. Brady threw for over 300 yards. yeah, their offense sucks!!

STAMPY
02-01-2004, 09:41 PM
worst superbowl ever... your crazy homer! that was one of the best superbowls i ever seen

thenry20
02-01-2004, 09:51 PM
It's crazy to think anybody thought this SB sucked!

Truly, it's been one of the best in the past decade.

Panthers had them on the ropes if their D could just stop one rushing play and take it to overtime.

Their D sucked! I should say their D-line is way overrated!!

Jeff1220
02-02-2004, 03:21 PM
Hey geniuses, look at the time it was posted. At the time, it was one of the worst.

Jeff1220
02-02-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
worst superbowl ever... your crazy homer! that was one of the best superbowls i ever seen

Why do you have a picture of a muscular guy on your sig? Do you reeeally like to look at him?

Jan Reimers
02-02-2004, 03:33 PM
Back to the thread... I think Weis is excellent at getting the most out of his talent. Brady has only an average, but accurate, arm. His receivers are not Pro Bowl caliber. The RBs are mediocre. But he game plans and adjusts to use everything he has.

Ebenezer
02-02-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Back to the thread... I think Weis is excellent at getting the most out of his talent. Brady has only an average, but accurate, arm. His receivers are not Pro Bowl caliber. The RBs are mediocre. But he game plans and adjusts to use everything he has.

If MM fails we will hear the wails of the fan-dum howling for Weis.

Jan Reimers
02-02-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
If MM fails we will hear the wails of the fan-dum howling for Weis.

I think MM is the same kind of coach as Weis, i.e., the anti-Gilbride, who fits the system to his players. MM will be great.

Ebenezer
02-02-2004, 03:55 PM
I think MM is the same kind of coach as Weis, i.e., the anti-Gilbride, who fits the system to his players. MM will be great.

works for me.

The_Philster
02-02-2004, 04:03 PM

I think you're right. It's true he did use basically the same system in Pittsburgh that Gilbride ran before him, but he cut down the number of checkdowns and reads that Kordell had to make. Hopefully, that will work for Bledsoe. We could actually not change the current system that much...just improve the play-calling and limit the number of reads.

IHateTheDullphins
02-02-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Jeff1220
They don't do anything special. Most of their success is due to the timing involved between Brady and his receivers. (And, of course, their D)

Also, this Super Bowl sucks. Here's hoping it gets a little more exciting in the next quarter and a half.

You dont have to do anything "special" when your offense executes. Winning is the only stat that matters.

Jeff1220
02-02-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins

You dont have to do anything "special" when your offense executes. Winning is the only stat that matters.

The key word there being "execute." I don't think the play calling is anything special, but for the most part, the Pats have a QB that can get rid of the ball quickly and accurately, and receivers who are where they're supposed to be when they're supposed to be there.

The Natrix
02-02-2004, 08:39 PM
Your crazy if you didn't think this game was great from the opening kickoff. I loved watching the field position battle in the first quarter.

The Natrix
02-02-2004, 08:47 PM
O, and the Pats O isn't impressive? They only constantly convert 3rd downs in the clutch and eat up the clock with methodical drives while the D rejuvenates on the bench. Yeah, they blow.

STAMPY
02-02-2004, 09:23 PM
Hey geniuses, look at the time it was posted. At the time, it was one of the worst.

Why do you have a picture of a muscular guy on your sig? Do you reeeally like to look at him?

hey smartass... and i use that term lossely as your not too smart... i like wrestling, sorry dude thats rite... thats chris jericho, big fan of his for 10 years. is it gay to have a pic of him, not really jerky. there are plenty of posters with muscular football players on their sigs... is that gay too *****. Maybe your ass to the gym and stop running your online muscles.

By the way how bout not labeling a game the worst superbowl ever after one quarter... you did it now you sound dumb cause you were wrong... eat crow now.

sorry guys but this guy pissed me off:stone:

Jeff1220
02-02-2004, 09:33 PM

hey smartass... and i use that term lossely as your not too smart... i like wrestling, sorry dude thats rite... thats chris jericho, big fan of his for 10 years. is it gay to have a pic of him, not really jerky. there are plenty of posters with muscular football players on their sigs... is that gay too *****. Maybe your ass to the gym and stop running your online muscles.

By the way how bout not labeling a game the worst superbowl ever after one quarter... you did it now you sound dumb cause you were wrong... eat crow now.

sorry guys but this guy pissed me off:stone:

Where did I ever label it "worst Super Bowl ever"? Read before you post. I simply said, "it sucked." I'm entitled to my opinion.

I also said "let's hope it gets better over the next quarter and a half." It did.

Obviously I hit a chord with you and your fascination for Mr. Jerico, but I really don't appreciate you coming out (no pun intended) and calling me names (You called me homer before I ever acknowledged your existence). Now you want to get all tough with me through your keyboard? Spare me.

The Spaz
02-02-2004, 09:34 PM
Please don't have this escalate any further, if you feel the need to take it through PM.:)

Jeff1220
02-02-2004, 09:34 PM
hey smartass... and i use that term lossely as your not too smart...

BTW, this is pretty hysterical. You're making fun of my intelligence and you can't even spell or use grammar correctly.

Also, in reference to your gym comment, I train people at a gym. I know a few things about it. You are the one acting like you've got online muscles. I'm perfectly calm. Judging from your post, you are not.