PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Larry Centers and Big Ted...

drummernut
02-01-2004, 10:44 PM
Finally get what they deserves....The Ring......probably no one deserves it more :rocker:

caveboy
02-01-2004, 11:30 PM
Yep. But I'd say that NE has benefited more from former Bills players than the other way around.

;-]

to80td
02-01-2004, 11:31 PM
I happy for Antowain Smith again too. I liked him when he played here.

pats-were-right
02-01-2004, 11:36 PM
I'm just glad we pulled it out.

Carolina played a hell of a game and I never dreamed THEIR kicker would end up the goat.

Also happy for Big Ted and Centers. I like Smith and hope we keep him as a third down back (after we draft some stud) but I doubt it will happen. Dude just doesn't have the work ethic.

caveboy
02-01-2004, 11:47 PM
"Dude just doesn't have the work ethic."

Actually, I was waiting for Smith to make one of his patented fumbles® during a key moment – the kind he made famous when he was a Bill.

;-]

pats-were-right
02-01-2004, 11:52 PM
I rarely recall him making a "key" fumble - that's more up Kevin Faulk's alley.

The_Philster
02-02-2004, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by caveboy

Actually, I was waiting for Smith to make one of his patented fumbles® during a key moment – the kind he made famous when he was a Bill.

;-] That was more a Jonathan Linton staple. Antowain's problem was lowering his head before he hit the LOS :angry: Bishop Harris :madcurse:

elltrain22
02-02-2004, 08:33 AM
It was nice to see big ted get a ring, and antwon had a great game.

beach2nd
02-02-2004, 10:16 AM

;-]

Smith has only fumbled twice in the last two years.

caveboy
02-02-2004, 09:51 PM
"Smith has only fumbled twice in the last two years."

Yep. He seemed solid when he went to NE after leaving the Bills. There were enough times he put the ball on the ground in Buffalo, not as many as Linton, but enough to pull hair out. I actually thought he would've been a good fit if he stayed, and if we committed to the run more.

lordofgun
02-02-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by beach2nd
Smith has only fumbled twice in the last two years.

That's because he's only carried the ball 4 times.

The_Philster
02-03-2004, 03:06 AM
I actually thought he would've been a good fit if he stayed, and if we committed to the run more.

I agree. At the end of the 2000 seaon, James Saxon seemed to have that tendency of lowering his head worked out of him. Combined with a coach staying away from that stupid running-back-by-committe sysytem, he could've gone on to have the career predicted of him when he was drafted. That being said, I ain't gonna complain about Travis in the least.

G. Host
02-03-2004, 10:01 AM
Antowain's problem was the RB coach telling him he need to run more like Thurman (2nd year) combined with getting hammered when running because of poor blocking so started preparing to be hit before he was hit. Panthers had a lot of problem stopping him even with their great DL.

Each runner has his style and aside from correcting problems (i.e. fumbling) making the RB change the style will generally lead to runner being less effective.