X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jchild178
    • Mar 2003

Gimme a damn break!!

I cant believe commentators and guys on espn are comparing tom brady to joe montana! thats a god damn joke, joe montana was one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game...tom "prett boy" brady has lightyears to go before he even gets close to being one of the greatest
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

only a few qbs have won 2 super bowls, thrown up those kind of numbers and been mvp both times...pretty hard to compete with that. Sorry.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• jchild178
      • Mar 2003

that might be fine to compare him to montana superbowl wise but as a carrer QB theres no comparison nor will there ever be

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

hey...what can i say...outside of B-lo Ruben Brown is an 8 time All Pro...nobody disses him except Bills fans...it's all in the interpretation...if Brady goes on and has a solid career...throws for more than 30,000 or 35,000 yards and never plays in another playoff game he will probably make the HOF.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• jchild178
          • Mar 2003

true, good point

Comment

• socalfan
            Old Fogey from Cali
            • Feb 2003

A starter for 3 years and two superbowls and two MVPs. Your right, Tom Brady is no Joe Montana....he's better than Montana.

Comment

• jchild178
              • Mar 2003

umm yea...ook gotch ya

Comment

• Devin
                The Octagon
                • Apr 2003

I gotta disagree hes done well the past 3 years but your talking about Joe Montana ffs.

Gimme a break.

Let him keep this up 7-10 more years. Then we can talk.
                http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• imbondz
                  Democrats are people too
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                  only a few qbs have won 2 super bowls, thrown up those kind of numbers and been mvp both times...pretty hard to compete with that. Sorry.
                  Yep, agree. If he goes on to have a decent career even, he will make the HOF. We complain about him, but he rarely throws an INT, reads defenses better than most QB's, and knows when to throw the ball away. It's :angry: annoying as ****
                  My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

I still don't understand why he got MVP. Yeah he played good, but that was mainly because his offensive line. They didn't allow a sack all post season! Brady also threw some bad passes, including that one interception in the endzone that could have sealed the game if he got a TD. Also, Mike Vrabel was all over the field on defense and forced Delhomme to fumble the ball and also caught a nice pass for a touchdown. He shouldve been the MVP, IMO.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                      Dances With Buffaloes
                      • Sep 2002

Brady has a long way to go to be Joe Montana... he doesn't throw half as well, nor is as mobile...

Who Brady really looks like is Terry Bradshaw... Brady does just enough to win. Bradshaw never looked nice, never had fantastic numbers... he just won. No... Brady has years to go before anyone can compare him to Montana or Bradshaw... remember Kurt Warner? He had three good years and now is a bench warmer... im not saying Brady will do the same thin, just that its a bit early to anoint him the second coming.
                      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• kal123
                        Maybe?
                        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Devin
                        I gotta disagree hes done well the past 3 years but your talking about Joe Montana ffs.

Gimme a break.

Let him keep this up 7-10 more years. Then we can talk.
                        Bingo. *see Kurt Warner.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

I wonder what Brady can do with a Marshall Faulk, Holt, Bruce, Az Hakim, & Ricky Prohel to throw too.

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jchild178
                            I cant believe commentators and guys on espn are comparing tom brady to joe montana! thats a god damn joke, joe montana was one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game...tom "prett boy" brady has lightyears to go before he even gets close to being one of the greatest

from looking at the guys results.. he is not far off at this point in his career.

can you tell me what qb has had a better start to their career over 2 superbowl mvps in the first 3 years?
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

While Brady hasn't played enough to be compared to Montana or any of the other great QBs, his game - and the system in which he plays - are similar to Montana. He lacks the real gun, so he plays primarily the same dink and dunk game as did Montana in the West Coast offense.

I realize few agree, but I don't consider Montana one of the 5 best QBs of all time. He lacked probably the number 1 attribute of any great QB - a great arm. He was, rather, a QB made by a coach and a system. As is Brady.

I would rate Unitas, Elway, Marino and Favre well above him, and a number of others, including Sammy Baugh, Y.A. Tittle, Norm Van Brocklin, Sonny Jurgensen and Jim Kelly as somewhat better. Montana was his era's Bart Starr or Bob Griese.
                              Last edited by Jan Reimers; 02-02-2004, 10:46 AM.
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X