PDA

View Full Version : Gimme a damn break!!

jchild178
02-01-2004, 11:08 PM
I cant believe commentators and guys on espn are comparing tom brady to joe montana! thats a god damn joke, joe montana was one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game...tom "prett boy" brady has lightyears to go before he even gets close to being one of the greatest

Ebenezer
02-01-2004, 11:10 PM
only a few qbs have won 2 super bowls, thrown up those kind of numbers and been mvp both times...pretty hard to compete with that. Sorry.

jchild178
02-01-2004, 11:14 PM
that might be fine to compare him to montana superbowl wise but as a carrer QB theres no comparison nor will there ever be

Ebenezer
02-01-2004, 11:16 PM
hey...what can i say...outside of B-lo Ruben Brown is an 8 time All Pro...nobody disses him except Bills fans...it's all in the interpretation...if Brady goes on and has a solid career...throws for more than 30,000 or 35,000 yards and never plays in another playoff game he will probably make the HOF.

jchild178
02-01-2004, 11:26 PM
true, good point

socalfan
02-01-2004, 11:28 PM
A starter for 3 years and two superbowls and two MVPs. Your right, Tom Brady is no Joe Montana....he's better than Montana.

jchild178
02-01-2004, 11:31 PM
umm yea...ook gotch ya

Devin
02-02-2004, 12:17 AM
I gotta disagree hes done well the past 3 years but your talking about Joe Montana ffs.

Gimme a break.

Let him keep this up 7-10 more years. Then we can talk.

imbondz
02-02-2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
only a few qbs have won 2 super bowls, thrown up those kind of numbers and been mvp both times...pretty hard to compete with that. Sorry.

Yep, agree. If he goes on to have a decent career even, he will make the HOF. We complain about him, but he rarely throws an INT, reads defenses better than most QB's, and knows when to throw the ball away. It's :angry: annoying as ****

Michael82
02-02-2004, 01:27 AM
I still don't understand why he got MVP. Yeah he played good, but that was mainly because his offensive line. They didn't allow a sack all post season! Brady also threw some bad passes, including that one interception in the endzone that could have sealed the game if he got a TD. Also, Mike Vrabel was all over the field on defense and forced Delhomme to fumble the ball and also caught a nice pass for a touchdown. He shouldve been the MVP, IMO.

Ingtar33
02-02-2004, 01:43 AM
Brady has a long way to go to be Joe Montana... he doesn't throw half as well, nor is as mobile...

Who Brady really looks like is Terry Bradshaw... Brady does just enough to win. Bradshaw never looked nice, never had fantastic numbers... he just won. No... Brady has years to go before anyone can compare him to Montana or Bradshaw... remember Kurt Warner? He had three good years and now is a bench warmer... im not saying Brady will do the same thin, just that its a bit early to anoint him the second coming.

Mr. Cynical
02-02-2004, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Devin
I gotta disagree hes done well the past 3 years but your talking about Joe Montana ffs.

Gimme a break.

Let him keep this up 7-10 more years. Then we can talk.

Bingo. *see Kurt Warner.

Dozerdog
02-02-2004, 07:30 AM
I wonder what Brady can do with a Marshall Faulk, Holt, Bruce, Az Hakim, & Ricky Prohel to throw too.

Tatonka
02-02-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by jchild178
I cant believe commentators and guys on espn are comparing tom brady to joe montana! thats a god damn joke, joe montana was one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game...tom "prett boy" brady has lightyears to go before he even gets close to being one of the greatest

from looking at the guys results.. he is not far off at this point in his career.

can you tell me what qb has had a better start to their career over 2 superbowl mvps in the first 3 years?

Jan Reimers
02-02-2004, 10:38 AM
While Brady hasn't played enough to be compared to Montana or any of the other great QBs, his game - and the system in which he plays - are similar to Montana. He lacks the real gun, so he plays primarily the same dink and dunk game as did Montana in the West Coast offense.

I realize few agree, but I don't consider Montana one of the 5 best QBs of all time. He lacked probably the number 1 attribute of any great QB - a great arm. He was, rather, a QB made by a coach and a system. As is Brady.

I would rate Unitas, Elway, Marino and Favre well above him, and a number of others, including Sammy Baugh, Y.A. Tittle, Norm Van Brocklin, Sonny Jurgensen and Jim Kelly as somewhat better. Montana was his era's Bart Starr or Bob Griese.

CWOUSARET
02-02-2004, 11:34 AM
tomie bradie is a patsie - he sucks - he will always suck - no matter what he does it sill suck!!!!!! f*%$#%&*(&^%$ the patsies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ebenezer
02-02-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by CWOUSARET
tomie bradie is a patsie - he sucks - he will always suck - no matter what he does it sill suck!!!!!! f*%$#%&*(&^%$ the patsies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sad to say:

Tom Brady-2 rings in 2 attempts...2 MVPs
Jim Kelly-0 rings in 4 attempts...0 MVPs
Dan Marino-0 rings in 1 attempt...0 MVPs.

Speaks volumes.

JefftheBillsfan
02-02-2004, 02:17 PM
i dont think montana throws that dip**** pick in the endzone with the game on the line. your right, brady is the best qb ever. give me a break guys. i'm sick of all this well he won 2 super bowls already bs. id bet there are about 10 qbs in this league that could do the same if they were put in the same situation. That's now. Montana is one of the best in history. no way he should have been mvp. should have been someone else. maybe branch?

STAMPY
02-02-2004, 02:20 PM
didn't steve young come in after joe retired and win a title too over there... it was a solid team and an above avg qb could get job done. i kno young was above avg. just making point. put brady on that 49er teams and they win still

Jeff1220
02-02-2004, 03:17 PM
I'd agree that Brady is looking like he's going to have a HOF career with the Pats (At this rate he could do that and still retire young, with his body and mind intact), but he's not the best ever by any means.

I also do not think that he was the MVP. That's abunch of media BS. He almost gave the game away. I'd agree that Vrabel or someone else on the D could've gotten it, or one of the receivers. How is the MVP the guy who almost cost you the game? I don't get it. I still think that voters should take the losing players into MVP consideration. Many times the best and most valuable guy didn't have the supporting cast to get the job done.

Bert102176
02-02-2004, 05:10 PM
I have a comparison between Brady and Montana I never liked Montana and I don't like Brady there ya go a comparison

Throne Logic
02-02-2004, 05:33 PM
Not going to pick sides in this one, but. . .

I'd like to point out that Brady was really the only difference between the Drew Bledsoe Pats and the current team. Unless you really believe Antoine Smith made that much of an impact on that team.

Mr. Cynical
02-02-2004, 05:47 PM

sad to say:

Tom Brady-2 rings in 2 attempts...2 MVPs
Jim Kelly-0 rings in 4 attempts...0 MVPs
Dan Marino-0 rings in 1 attempt...0 MVPs.

Speaks volumes.

Well, Super Bowl MVPs don't always mean a whole lot IMO . *see Larry Brown.

Also...John Elway-2 rings in 5 attempts. As great as he was he also needed the stars to align for him to snag the last 2. The way I see it, Brady has the whole damn galaxy aligned for him right now.

Let's see how he fares when they go out of whack and over time. Only then can one fairly compare to the greats like Montana, Marino, Elway, etc.

Not going to pick sides in this one, but. . .

I'd like to point out that Brady was really the only difference between the Drew Bledsoe Pats and the current team. Unless you really believe Antoine Smith made that much of an impact on that team.

Could also be explained by those "aligning stars" I mentioned above. Teams are so close in talent in the NFL that it has alot to do with motivation, momentum and luck IMO.

jchild178
02-03-2004, 10:48 AM
vrabel was by far the mvp in the superbowl...hands down!