Patriots- best season ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Patriots- best season ever?

Before everyone jumps ugly- consider these numbers-

They won- They won what- 15 in a row? They are 8-0 vs PLAYOFF teams!

Add in preseason, they are 21-2 this season!

When you compare them to the 1972 Dolphins- the Dolphins went 17-0 but only beat 2 teams with winning records during the regular season- the 8-6 Giants anfd 8-6 Chiefs.

This stat I find simply mind boggling- the Patriots went 10-0 against teams with at least 10 regular season wins . 5-0 against teams with 12 regular season wins.

I'd say it has to be the toughest road ever to a super bowl.

How in the hell did we beat the crap out of them in week 1?
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Add in the age of the Salary cap and the fact that Shula was in charge of the refs in 72 and I might agree that this was the best team ever...

We beat them because they were in disarray over Milloy getting cut...and it was week 1...how did Carolina win the first game of the season 2 years ago and then lose 15 straight??

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

I see your rationalle, and do not disagree with you. There is a good argument for them being the best team ever, but as a sports fan, they always seem to have an asterix next to their name in the win column. They get alot of breaks that others dont. That said tho, they play solid smart football, and in a league of parity, they keep coming out on top.

we beat them because we had more emotion, plain and simple.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

the coaching staff did one hell of a job too.things weren't all rosy at the beginning of the year.the injuries tested their depth and they played without missing a beat.they played football the way it should be played.
        Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• elltrain22
          • Sep 2003

I gotta give it to em, the Pats had a great, great season, and yes it was one of the best ever. This team embodied reliency, hardwork, prepartation, and most of all teamwork.
          If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
            Add in the age of the Salary cap and the fact that Shula was in charge of the refs in 72 and I might agree that this was the best team ever...

We beat them because they were in disarray over Milloy getting cut...and it was week 1...how did Carolina win the first game of the season 2 years ago and then lose 15 straight??

Talent wise this is no way one of the best teams- But I think they had the best season ever.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

I compare this team to the first two Super bowl Packers.

Brilliant coach, both Lombardi and Bellicick had a larger say in personel matters than the average coach

Flawless QB's. Neither Starr or Brady were very gifted physically, but both are tremendous field generals that never made mistakes.

RB by comittee.

Less than spectacular WR's

Punishing D's with solid LBer's and tough DB's

Comment

• juice
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Pride
                I see your rationalle, and do not disagree with you. There is a good argument for them being the best team ever, but as a sports fan, they always seem to have an asterix next to their name in the win column. They get alot of breaks that others dont. That said tho, they play solid smart football, and in a league of parity, they keep coming out on top.

we beat them because we had more emotion, plain and simple.
                Best season or Best team effort maybe but they are no way one of the best teams ever.
                They might be looked at as the top dynasty ever if they can maintain this level in this day of free agency.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                  Talent wise this is no way one of the best teams- But I think they had the best season ever.
                  in individual players, yes....but they play together well and that's what makes a team.
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• AG75
                    My buns are weiner friendly
                    • Oct 2002

I hate the Pats, but yeah they are a damn good team, no doubt about it.
                    Aimee

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                      • Jul 2002

As much as I hate to say it, this was one of the best seasons I have ever seen by a team. They fought through a slew of injuries, and played smart, disciplined football all year. This was truly one of the best TEAM efforts I've seen in 40+ years of watching pro football.

As a lifelong Bills fan (the first year I remember as being conscious of what football was all about is 1961), my original most hated team was the Boston Patriots (long before the fins - lack of capitalization intential - that's how much I hate them now - grabbed that 'honor'). Again, I HATE TO SAY IT, but....kudos to the Pats for a fantastic season.

Comment

• Tex
                        • Nov 2003

Wow, Bill fans just keep showing their class. I was just jumping around boards to see what the public thought of the Pats season and Finheaven/ganggreen/colts are just filled with blind bitterness. This is only site that fans have shown that they can look at this team and just say"that was a great season by a great team". Kudos guys, class acts!

Comment

Working...
                        X