PDA

View Full Version : We better make sure we get an extension Signed with Hollis!

Voltron
10-11-2002, 09:29 AM
With all the talk of resigning Price I think that we have forgotten we only have a 1-year contract with Hollis! That needs to be taken care of before the end of the season or we will lose the best thing to happen to the bills since Christe fell to us oh so many years ago. I think a long-term contract is in order with a tiered bonus structure to keep our cap in good enough shape to keep Price and upgrade the D.

Eb or Clump I would appreciate you 2 especially chiming in with cap implications and current numbers for decent kickers.

:bling:

TigerJ
10-11-2002, 06:50 PM
He's good on field goals and I wouldn't mind signing him for next year, but I'd still be on the look out for a kicker with accuracy in the same ball park who could add another 5-10 yards on kickoffs. I know there aren't too many guys with Janikowski's leg, but that drunken bum was impressive on those kickoffs.

Novacane
10-12-2002, 11:37 AM
It should'nt be a problem signing Hollis. 1.5 mill would put him in the top of the kicker pay scale and I'd have no problem with them giving him that much.

clumping platelets
10-13-2002, 02:39 AM
Cannot sign Hollis to extension. He signed for the vets exclusion.......salary $650,000 but cap is only $450,000. Max. amount of bonus a player with this exclusion can receive is $25,000. Thus, if Bills re-sign Hollis right now to extension, his $650,000 salary counts $650,000.......extra $200,000 plus any amortized portion of signing bonus......Bills are tight against cap THIS season, so neither Hollis or Ahanotu will be re-signed until after the season.....most likely