PDA

View Full Version : Phil Simms - He just surpassed Madden as my most hated commentator.

Pride
02-02-2004, 08:04 AM
The guy talked for 3 hours straight, and didn't really say anything. The guy was an average (at best) QB, and he acts like he knows every in and out of the game.

He annoyed the hell out of my by the end of the first quarter.

All in all, this was the least entertaining (other than the game itself) SB event I have watched.

The pregame was downright boring as hell. Having to listen to Deion and boomer all day was like getting teeth pulled. Then listening to simms all game, was even worse!

There was no excitement leading up to the game, the halftime show SUCKED! Yes, even including a 35 year old boobie.

The game on the field was good, but the event as a whole SUCKED!

elltrain22
02-02-2004, 08:30 AM
I didn't think Phil Simms was so bad, in fact, he was pretty good. He called it that the first 2 point conversion was a bad idea, which it was, and had some great insights into the game. Greg Gumble needs to go however.

Mr. Miyagi
02-02-2004, 08:51 AM
Phil Simms is the biggest Brady worshiper. On a play action pass, he actually praised Brady for a good fake??? WTF?

Butt-buddy Brady could do no wrong in his eyes. :mad:

Valerie
02-02-2004, 08:58 AM
Phil Simms doesn't really annoy me at all. Deion Sanders anoys the pants off of me! I can't stand his flashy appearance and arrogant "I'm so cool" way of acting. When they showed him sitting on the long-horned cow/bull, I thought he was acting like an ass! I wanted to push him off the cow and then have the animal crap on him! I also don't like Dan Marino.:down: I agree with you, Pride, all the pregame stuff was boring. I only watched part of it. I ended up watching a Charmed marathon until 6pm when Toby Keith:cowboy: came on. :)

helmetguy
02-02-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
Deion Sanders anoys the pants off of me!

So, that's how it works?

j/k!

Jeff1220
02-02-2004, 02:58 PM
Did you notice, when the Pats got the lead early on and the teams were going at it, Simms comments went something like this:

(Carolina defenders soving N.E. Offense around)
simms: "This NE team is so disciplined that they don't get caught up in all the skirmishes on the field. What a classy team!"

(Tedy Bruschi and other N.E. defenders shoving/punching Stephen Davis after a play)
Simms: "This is a game that takes tough guys, willing to lay it all on the line. What a bunch of competitiors thse Patsies are."

His bias makes me want to :blowtop: (blow my top)

ShadowHawk7
02-02-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Pride
The guy talked for 3 hours straight, and didn't really say anything. The guy was an average (at best) QB, and he acts like he knows every in and out of the game.

He annoyed the hell out of my by the end of the first quarter.

All in all, this was the least entertaining (other than the game itself) SB event I have watched.

The pregame was downright boring as hell. Having to listen to Deion and boomer all day was like getting teeth pulled. Then listening to simms all game, was even worse!

There was no excitement leading up to the game, the halftime show SUCKED! Yes, even including a 35 year old boobie.

The game on the field was good, but the event as a whole SUCKED!

YES, finally sum1 share wut i think of that idiot! When troy brown broke his nose, and was trying to control his profuse bleeding, Simms said, "It seems that Brown's nose is bleeding." Greg Stumble is only marginally better as well.

Akhippo
02-02-2004, 07:08 PM
ive never hear such a patriots homer. All day it was oh how the Pats are this and that. Whenever the Pats did something wrong it seemed like he had to pause, like his whole faith in mankind vanished for a second. Then he went back to praising them.

The_Philster
02-02-2004, 08:25 PM
He's like that with the Pats a lot, I think. Does he think he played for them or something? I've never heard any ex-Bills be as big of homers for the Bills as the ex-Giant has been for the Pats this year. Maybe he should go to FOX so he can be like that for the Giants or the Bucs :idunno:

to80td
02-03-2004, 10:36 AM
I think Simms is an outstanding commentator.

Bill Brasky
02-03-2004, 10:41 AM
dick enberg and dan dierdorf annoy the **** out of me... as does deon.