X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Good grief... If the Pats Draft a RB

If the Pats grab a RB in the first/second round... Jackson, Jones, or the other jones.. that is gonna be one tough team to deal with for years.

lets hope they screw this draft up real bad and lose a bunch of guys in the offseason,
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

I think that they would try an dget Steven Jackson. I know it's sick to think they have 2 # 1's 2 #2's and 2 # 4's!

They screw up the draft!

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Jul 2003

The clock struck midnight for Cinderella again. Maybe in 2005 they'll win but my money is on Caralina and NE missing the playoffs next year. Thanks to current trends.

Comment

• The Natrix
        • Jul 2002

Imagine if R. Colvin comes back 100%

Byrd.

Comment

• don137
          • Jul 2002

They Pats will be tough in the future there is no doubt about it.

I think there defense was exposed a little yesterday to the hurry up offense. It seemed that the defense didn't try too confuse the offense when Carolina was in a hurry up because they didn't have time to get all the players on the same page so they ran a pretty basic defense and Carolina was able to move the ball. When Carolina huddles it gave NE a chance to call a play defensively to trick the Panthers offense.

That is definately something for opposing OC to think about next year when NE is on the road (tough to play a hurry up offense I think with the crowd noise at New England).
          Remember Indy scored 30+ points against NE when they played in Indy. Granted Indy has a topshelf offense...
          Last edited by don137; 02-02-2004, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

The Pats have some players that they need to resign in free agency....

Unrestricted Free Agents
            C/G Damien Woody
            DT Ted Washington
            RB Kevin Faulk
            RB Mike Cloud
            S Je'Rod Cherry
            DE Bobby Hamilton
            DT Rick Lyle
            RB Patrick Pass
            DE Anthony Pleasant
            C Mike Compton
            S Antwan Harris
            QB Damon Huard

Restricted Free Agents
            C/G Russ Hochstein

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mike32282

Unrestricted Free Agents
              C/G Damien Woody
              DT Ted Washington
              RB Kevin Faulk
              RB Mike Cloud
              S Je'Rod Cherry
              DE Bobby Hamilton
              DT Rick Lyle
              RB Patrick Pass
              DE Anthony Pleasant
              C Mike Compton
              S Antwan Harris
              QB Damon Huard

Restricted Free Agents
              C/G Russ Hochstein
              Get working on your picks!

Comment

• Winfield_26
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Unrestricted Free Agents
                C/G Damien Woody
                DT Ted Washington
                RB Kevin Faulk
                RB Mike Cloud
                S Je'Rod Cherry
                DE Bobby Hamilton
                DT Rick Lyle
                RB Patrick Pass
                DE Anthony Pleasant
                C Mike Compton
                S Antwan Harris
                QB Damon Huard

Restricted Free Agents
                C/G Russ Hochstein
                And all of about none of those players except Big Ted had any type of a signfigant impact on the run. Woody I would say be he is banged up and isnt really expected to be retained.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Ingtar33
                  Dances With Buffaloes
                  • Sep 2002

Car was the first team in a while exploit what i thought was NE biggest weakness... a VERY slow secondary. Good, yes... even borderline great secondary... but terribly terribly slow...

Car ate them alive all game... all they needed was max protect (yes... Car was only sending three into the pattern most of the game), and an uber fast WR corps with Muhammad and Smith.
                  My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Ingtar33
                    Dances With Buffaloes
                    • Sep 2002

funny how a probowl Center in Woody suddenly becomes expendable...

D.Woody sacrificed his future FA money for the team this last season... when their OG went down with an injury, he moved from his probowl position to guard for most of the year, and played at a near all pro level at RG all season long... then he went down with injury, and the pats got decent (not great) protection from Woody's backup...

now he's expendable... personally, i'd kiss TD if the Bills picked him up.
                    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                      funny how a probowl Center in Woody suddenly becomes expendable...

D.Woody sacrificed his future FA money for the team this last season... when their OG went down with an injury, he moved from his probowl position to guard for most of the year, and played at a near all pro level at RG all season long... then he went down with injury, and the pats got decent (not great) protection from Woody's backup...

now he's expendable... personally, i'd kiss TD if the Bills picked him up.
                      I agree! I'm drooling over the thought of getting Damien Woody. He would be a great addition to the team. The only thing I am concerned with is his injury. Any word on it? Is it supposed to be healed by training camp or will this hurt his play?

Comment

• elltrain22
                        • Sep 2003

They have the most amount of draft picks through the first 3 rounds than any other team in the league. This team is building a dynasty, but a little team from Buffalo will be standing in there way next year.
                        If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• casdhf
                          • Jul 2002

Why can't he shotgun snap?
                          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                            • Jul 2003

Woody will be healthy, likely not even needing surgery (hasn't been determined yet). He has always struggled shotgun snapping, and the Pats haven't had him do it since the 2000 season.

I figure Woody will go, just because he will be worth more than the Pats want to pay. If he goes to FA, I think he gets a better offer than NE will give him. It is too bad because he is a solid player and quality individual, but Matt Light is likely to command bigger money soon and the Pats have a cheaper option at C in Dan Koppen. Woody either has to take a discount to stay with them at OG or hit FA.

Damien would help a lot of teams, as not very many interior lineman have his combination of size and athleticism.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

I agree! I'm drooling over the thought of getting Damien Woody. He would be a great addition to the team. The only thing I am concerned with is his injury. Any word on it? Is it supposed to be healed by training camp or will this hurt his play?
                              Originally posted by NE39
                              Woody will be healthy, likely not even needing surgery (hasn't been determined yet). He has always struggled shotgun snapping, and the Pats haven't had him do it since the 2000 season.

I figure Woody will go, just because he will be worth more than the Pats want to pay. If he goes to FA, I think he gets a better offer than NE will give him. It is too bad because he is a solid player and quality individual, but Matt Light is likely to command bigger money soon and the Pats have a cheaper option at C in Dan Koppen. Woody either has to take a discount to stay with them at OG or hit FA.

Damien would help a lot of teams, as not very many interior lineman have his combination of size and athleticism.
                              do you think he is better at guard or center?
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X