PDA

View Full Version : some drew henson news

STAMPY
02-02-2004, 10:22 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1725666

it says he's returning to football. got outta yankee contract and even has a qb coach... if we can get him for a 4th rounder or a 3rd... LETS DO IT!!! i think he has great potential, he was a better qb in my opinion then losman or rivers... he can replace drew one day. i kno he's rusty but he'll have time to get back in game shape

lordofgun
02-02-2004, 10:23 PM
Watch him shoot up into the first round.

STAMPY
02-02-2004, 10:25 PM
i tho texans own his rights and he can only be traded for?

The Spaz
02-02-2004, 10:27 PM
Not if they don't sign him by the 24th of April then he goes back into the draft and can be picked by anyone.

STAMPY
02-02-2004, 10:29 PM
oh really. didn't kno that. thx spaz

The Spaz
02-02-2004, 10:31 PM
:up:

Devin
02-02-2004, 10:46 PM
hes ranked by many scouts as the 3rd best available. Texans are asking a 2nd rounder for him.

If they dont sign him by the 24th he enters the draft pool, which could happen since they can only offer him a contract based upon the position he was taken I believe (6th round).

If he doesnt sign he can obviously make a butt load more money in the draft, if he signs he can choose where he goes.

Undecided really would like to see how his workout goes, hes been working out for weeks at the IMG facility with a former QB coach.

Ingtar33
02-03-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Devin
hes ranked by many scouts as the 3rd best available.

please, by what scouts?

clearly not guys who actually watched him play football... as things stand now, i'd take casey clausen over him straight up.

STAMPY
02-03-2004, 12:41 AM
drew hensen was awesome 2 years ago... i really don't think u lose skill

Tatonka
02-03-2004, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
Watch him shoot up into the first round.

hopefully he will knock rivers down.

Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
drew hensen was awesome 2 years ago... i really don't think u lose skill

awesome 2 years ago? based on what? do you happen to have his record or stats?

TKO
02-03-2004, 02:35 AM
I'm not advocating that we go out of our way to acquire Henson. Hopefully, like Tatonka said, it will knock Rivers down in the draft.

Henson completed 61.6% of his passes for 2,146 yards, 18 TDs and 4 INTs.

While Rivers:

Second leading passer in NCAA history with 13,484 career passing yards, breaking school and ACC records ... Set NCAA record with 51 career starts at quarterback ... also finished second in NCAA history with 13,582 career yards of total offense, breaking school and ACC records ... Tied for fifth in NCAA history with 95 career touchdown passes, breaking school and ACC records ... also broke school and conference records for career passing attempts (1,710), pass completions (1,147), touchdown responsiblity (112), 300-yard passing games (18) and 400-yard passing games (7) ... started all 51 games of his four years and threw for at least 100 yards in every single game ... posted a 34-17 career record at quarterback ... first QB in ACC history, and the seventh in the history of the NCAA, to throw for 3,000 yards in three different seasons ... completed 110-161 passes in four bowl games for 1,202 yards, 10 TDs, 3 interceptions and rushed for 65 yards ... jersey number 17 was retired before last home game, Nov. 22, 2003 against Maryland ... graduated Dec. 18, 2003 with a degree in business.
http://gopack.ocsn.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/rivers_philip01.html

STAMPY
02-03-2004, 06:53 AM
ya but hensen has a stronger arm and better mechanics in his throwing motion

The Spaz
02-03-2004, 07:10 AM

“It seems to me there are a lot of issues to be decided (with Henson),” Donahoe said. “But you don’t get better as a football player by playing baseball.”-Tom Donahoe

SABURZFAN
02-03-2004, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Ingtar33

please, by what scouts?

clearly not guys who actually watched him play football... as things stand now, i'd take casey clausen over him straight up.

that's very interesting.tell us more.........

Tatonka
02-03-2004, 12:22 PM

how many times does rivers have to show that..

he gets the ball there.. i dont care what it looks like.

i wonder if a 2 year layoff will help hensons mechanics and accuracy?

Billsouth
02-03-2004, 01:39 PM
here is the deal:

since he is longer playing baseball, he will turn his attention to football and cannot afford to sit out another year. therefore he will sign with whatever team drafts him this year. the closer we get to the draft the more likely houston will dump him, but it also means the less time to sign him.

i suspect he is looking for 2nd- 3rd round money.

he will be around in the 2nd round and maybe even the 3rd if he is not traded before

HenryRules
02-03-2004, 06:43 PM
As long as Houston can get something for him, they will dump him ... they already have Carr and Ragone - they don't have room for Henson on their roster.

Dozerdog
02-03-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Billsouth
here is the deal:

since he is longer playing baseball, he will turn his attention to football and cannot afford to sit out another year. therefore he will sign with whatever team drafts him this year. the closer we get to the draft the more likely houston will dump him, but it also means the less time to sign him.

i suspect he is looking for 2nd- 3rd round money.

he will be around in the 2nd round and maybe even the 3rd if he is not traded before

I beleive his Yankee deal has made him a millionaire already. He can't "afford" to sit out? I don't understand

Dozerdog
02-03-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
As long as Houston can get something for him, they will dump him ... they already have Carr and Ragone - they don't have room for Henson on their roster.

This I beleive. In a weak draft where they were given tons of extra picks- they tossed one away on him. I would not be suprised if they deal hs draft rights for a late round pick if they can't sign him with a week or so to go before the draft. The team they deral him to might get something done- they might not.

If he enters this season's draft- he's a 4th rounder AT BEST

Bo Jackson went in the 6th round the second time around.

eyedog
02-03-2004, 06:57 PM
2nd rounder at worst.