PDA

View Full Version : Trade Down And Draft Henson

Bmax
02-03-2004, 12:35 AM
Trading down to 20- 25 for a second round pick...then drafting carey -og miami there and trading our #2 pick for henson and with the pick we acquired we could draft a wr like henderson or wilford ...

That would give us ....

1-V- CAREY-miami-ol-will start at right guard as a rookie

2.-Drew henson-qb-mich-...he is only 24 and two years under bledsoe will give him the time heneeds to develope under sam wyche....-i hope....

2ND.D. HENDERSON OR WILIFORD- WE COULD GET THE BIG SPEED GUY WE NEED ...

ROUND 3...draft....a tight end watson....or peters...

round 4- sleeper de Isaac Hilton -Hamton university-6-3 -250 speed rusher...4.5-40....will play at 250 will be used like little of rams as a situational pass rusher who rushes the passer...

I would like these 5 selections.. i wonder what you guys think .....

bmax

STAMPY
02-03-2004, 12:39 AM
i think henson will not be signed and re enter draft... he'll go in 1st round

SABURZFAN
02-03-2004, 05:55 AM
i agree with BBS only if henson goes back into the draft..i think the Packers would get him if the FISH don't.i would even think that Carolina might be interested too.delhomme is the man but having henson push him would be a sight to see.isn't peete close to 40 years old??38 maybe???

london59
02-07-2004, 12:02 AM
Something tells me that we will be trading down. Now whether it is for Henson or not I do not know. The reason that I think it is going to happen is because of the way the picks ahead of us are shaping up. We may not get good value at the 13 spot. We could easily trade down about 10 spots, pick up and extra second rounder and maybe a third or fourth. If this were the case I would like to see us fill a need like OG/C Vernon Carey.

Ingtar33
02-07-2004, 01:20 AM
no good value?

This is a 40-60 pick "1st round" talent draft... one of the deepest ive seen... in well... ever.

last year had maybe 10 true first round talent players.

trade down to gain more picks within that top 40-60... and not to gain them outside of it (or for next year) makes sence. But don't trade back because you don't think you're not gonna get good value... because that just wrong.

SABURZFAN
02-07-2004, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by Ingtar33
no good value?

This is a 40-60 pick "1st round" talent draft... one of the deepest ive seen... in well... ever.

trade down to gain more picks within that top 40-60... and not to gain them outside of it (or for next year) makes sence. But don't trade back because you don't think you're not gonna get good value... because that just wrong.

i'm glad you mentioned this Ingtar.i should be completed with my mock draft,with the boys from work,in a couple days and i can already hear some of the criticism that i'll get when some of the posters see what i did.

elltrain22
02-07-2004, 11:58 AM
It's clear now that the Bills want to address the qb position, and i really think that they may trade up or down to get a guy like rivers or henson. Either would be nice. Don't you know that Bledsoe has got to be hating all this discussion about drafting a qb, hopefully this can motivate him to have the season of his life.

helmetguy
02-07-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by elltrain22
It's clear now that the Bills want to address the qb position, and i really think that they may trade up or down to get a guy like rivers or henson. Either would be nice. Don't you know that Bledsoe has got to be hating all this discussion about drafting a qb, hopefully this can motivate him to have the season of his life.

Why would Bledsoe be hating the thought of drafting a QB? Nothing about him indicates that he's some "me first" prima donna. If there's anything to motivate him, it is redeeming himself after the disaster of this past season...not to mention winning

london59
02-08-2004, 12:59 AM
no good value?

I agree that it is a talent filled and deep draft, but I disagree with you about getting a good value pick at the 13 spot. Reason being that the way the first 12 picks are shaping up and based on our needs, there might not be a player available when we pick that we have valued at the 13th spot. So we would then be forced to reach for a player that would otherwise be slated to go later in the round. For instance, personally, I think Phillip Rivers is a reach at the 13 spot and therefore not a good value for us at 13. Will Smith might be a good pick at 13 but maybe a better pick at 17 or 18. So yes, trading down would be to get more picks 10 the first 40-60 selections but it could be based on who is available and how they are valued on our draft board.
Now all bets are off if we do the "best player available" method like we did last year. If we do that we will probably end up with a CB.

I know you know this stuff Ingtar cause you are a scout. I think you just misunderstood me.