PDA

View Full Version : The Drew Henson effect???

DraftBoy
02-03-2004, 07:46 AM
Now Im not a scout so I dont know where Henson drops in the order, but the one thing I do think is that he will not sign with HOU and will reenter the draft. Now I see him as the #5 QB in the class.

1. Big Ben
2. Eli
3. Rivers
4. Losman
5a. Henson
5b. Clausen

Now while I dont like Clausen all that much Id still have to put him tied with Henson for the 5th best QB. Is Henson worth a 2nd round pick? No! Id take him in the 3rd if avail but some smuck team will take him earlier in the 2nd. I dont think he will knock Rivers down at all unfortunately, but he should make guys like Pickett, Clausen, Harris, and others avail later in the draft.

elltrain22
02-03-2004, 08:47 AM
Good thing for us thats for sure. Boy, i am glad he sucked at baseball at the moment, even though he was supposed to be the Yanks future 3rd baseman.

baalworship
02-03-2004, 10:07 AM
It's also possible that Henson's availability will dilute the value of the top 3 QB's. Perhaps a team will grab another premier player and know that there are plenty of talented QB's later in the draft. This is how a Roethlisberger could fall. If San Diego, Oakland, and Arizona grab only 1 of the top 2 we might be able to slide up and trade with Houston to beat Pittsburgh to the punch.

Jan Reimers
02-03-2004, 11:29 AM
I've never seen Clausen rated that high. Schaub, Navarre, Pickett and a few others are usually ranked ahead of him.

DraftBoy
02-03-2004, 02:25 PM
Well those are my personal rankings, and Schaub and Navarre I absolutely dislike and think they wont ever be anything in the NFL. Pickett has a rocket arm and mobility but needs some more time to refine his skills.

wazz
02-04-2004, 01:06 PM
Houston are more liekyl to trade the rights to Henson that theuy are to sign him and trade him. If they sign him, he can only get payed 6th rounder money due to certain regulations and as such why the hec would he want to do that??

if they trade his RIGHTS tho, can another team give him a proper deal as it were? give him something more reasoanble for the type of player he apparently is?

Expansion Blues
02-04-2004, 09:00 PM
Casserly said that Henson prefers the sign and trade over entering the draft on his radio show here in Houston. Casserly has stated there are ways to structurally make this work out financially so Henson will not take a big hit with the money.

Personally I think they have a deal worked out or close to it right now. Henson works out for the other 31 teams here in Houston on the 12th of March. Look for the news that he will be traded to someone soon after that date.

The Spaz
02-04-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Expansion Blues
Casserly said that Henson prefers the sign and trade over entering the draft on his radio show here in Houston. Casserly has stated there are ways to structurally make this work out financially so Henson will not take a big hit with the money.

Personally I think they have a deal worked out or close to it right now. Henson works out for the other 31 teams here in Houston on the 12th of March. Look for the news that he will be traded to someone soon after that date.

I heard that he has a workout next week?

Expansion Blues
02-04-2004, 09:05 PM
12th

I got the month mixed up in the post above. We have short window to trade Henson starting in March. Here is a good link (http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/2384624) about Henson and the workout.

eyedog
02-04-2004, 09:20 PM
If he goes back in the draft he won't get past Green Bay at #55 in the 2nd rd.