PDA

View Full Version : Marino Out

Philagape
02-03-2004, 05:10 PM
AP News Alert -- Dan Marino resigns as senior VP of Dolphins.

:lol:

The Spaz
02-03-2004, 05:13 PM
:lol::rofl:

I guess he figured out what we already knew he was brought in to sell tickets and nothing more.

shelby
02-03-2004, 05:20 PM
:spit:

Tatonka
02-03-2004, 05:47 PM
it is pretty funny...

mypoorfriendme
02-03-2004, 05:47 PM
does this mean rivers is not in by chance? :hump:

Tatonka
02-03-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
does this mean rivers is not in by chance? :hump:

marino was the guy who was in love with rivers.. it is definately a possibility.

Tatonka
02-03-2004, 05:49 PM
maybe they will pick another cb in round one.. hopefully he is as good as fletcher.

The Spaz
02-03-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
maybe they will pick another cb in round one.. hopefully he is as good as fletcher.

I can see that happening!:D: :snicker:

Dozerdog
02-03-2004, 05:58 PM
In onder if they will go back to Modrak as a possibility

Tatonka
02-03-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
In onder if they will go back to Modrak as a possibility

they wont.. modrack has already said he didnt want to interview, and TD didnt grant permission for one.

The_Philster
02-03-2004, 06:16 PM
Dan Marino resigned as senior vice president of the Miami Dolphins on Tuesday, only three weeks after accepting a job offer to return to the team he quarterbacked for 17 seasons in an executive role.

``I have decided that it would not be in the best interests of either my family or the Dolphins to assume the role as the team's senior vice president of football operations,'' Marino said in a statement released by the team....
more (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-203marino,0,1507730.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front)

Ebenezer
02-03-2004, 06:44 PM
He figured out it was a "job title" only...think about it...a day and a half after hanging out with accordian folders waiting for something to happen he decided to bolt.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-03-2004, 07:08 PM
Need some refreshments DAN!, Would you like some refreshments DAN!, I'll be right back DAN! (he'll need some now that he resigned his post)

from Ace Ventura Pet Detective were she has Marino tied up:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :clap: :lol:

elltrain22
02-03-2004, 07:29 PM
What an idiot. I never saw this one coming. Marino is an indecisive dumbablass ( can't say it ). Guess the job wasn't a paper pusher job, or whatever that media guy said.

The Spaz
02-03-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by elltrain22
What an idiot. I never saw this one coming. Marino is an indecisive dumbablass ( can't say it ). Guess the job wasn't a paper pusher job, or whatever that media guy said.

No that's why he did left that's all he was going to be was a paper pusher, or a figurehead whatever you want to see it as. He wasn't given any position of powere Wanny did all the coaching and Spielman had all of the player management and roster control an dthere was nothing left for Marino. That franchise is ****ed as long as Huizenga is in charge.

Ebenezer
02-03-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
That franchise is ****ed as long as Huizenga is in charge.

Sounds good to me.

Mr. Miyagi
02-03-2004, 07:51 PM
I'm glad he resigned.

Marino the football player = Miyagi's respect
Marino the Figurehead = No Miyagi's respect
Marino the out-of-football future HOFer = Miyagi's respect again

:up:

Ebenezer
02-03-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
I'm glad he resigned.

Marino the football player = Miyagi's respect
Marino the Figurehead = No Miyagi's respect
Marino the out-of-football future HOFer = Miyagi's respect again

:up:

I never respected him as a player...talk about the original ME player. Did the 'Fins ever have a rushing game? No, why? Danny Boy...Did Danny ever try a QB sneak? Did Danny ever tackle an interceptor? No and No...Sorry, Marino can flash all those numbers he wants. He was not a team player and was not a leader. JMO.

LarryBoy
02-03-2004, 08:34 PM
:sadwalk:

Does this mean hes still gonna be with CBS?

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

hintexas
02-03-2004, 10:26 PM
I think Marino kept hearing the owner answer the figure head question with why would he leave a HBO and CBS job just to be a figure head. Finally Dan figured out that it would be a stupid thing to do.