PDA

View Full Version : Gregg Williams didnt get the DC job.. rofl

Tatonka
02-03-2004, 06:56 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1726380

Redskins | Blache Appointed Def. Coordinator - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 15:19:56 -0800

The Associated Press reports the Washington Redskins have appointed defensive line coach Greg Blache to defensive coordinator. Blache will handle both duties for the team.

The Spaz
02-03-2004, 07:01 PM
Get the **** out ouf here....:lol::rofl:

Dozerdog
02-03-2004, 07:09 PM
didn't he sign a 1.8 million deal?

Aero II
02-03-2004, 07:11 PM
GW is listed as Assistant Head Coach-Def.

http://www.redskins.com/Coach_Roster.asp

Throne Logic
02-03-2004, 07:20 PM
Sounds like he's Dick LeBeau for the Redskins. Does make you kind of wonder if Gibbs is only planning on sticking around a couple of years and then GW gets his second shot at HC.

Odd, very odd.

Dozerdog
02-03-2004, 07:23 PM
With all that talet on the staff, I'd say GW won't be first or second in line- Bugel, Blache, both could be in front of him.

Ebenezer
02-03-2004, 07:55 PM
Sounds like one of those made up titles...somewhere between coordinator and HC...I don't get it...Why are people so shot in ght butt with him?? oh well.

Michael82
02-03-2004, 07:55 PM
I look at it like....Gibbs hired Gregg Williams too fast and is starting to regret it. :snicker:

Ebenezer
02-03-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
I look at it like....Gibbs hired Gregg Williams too fast and is starting to regret it. :snicker:

no, not at the cannoli that they are paying him. he was their choice.

Turf
02-03-2004, 09:12 PM
Sure sounds like a falling out to me.

TedMock
02-03-2004, 09:31 PM
He also named Bugel the assistant head coach on offense. Blache is DC and Dline coach. This was no demotion for Williams by any means. Gibbs was on the news here saying that he and Gregg have been spending a lot of time watching film and drawing up plays together. GW's putting more modern defenses on the board so Gibbs can figure out how to go against them. He seems pretty happy with GW.

The Spaz
02-03-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by TedMock
He also named Bugel the assistant head coach on offense. Blache is DC and Dline coach. This was no demotion for Williams by any means. Gibbs was on the news here saying that he and Gregg have been spending a lot of time watching film and drawing up plays together. GW's putting more modern defenses on the board so Gibbs can figure out how to go against them. He seems pretty happy with GW.

He'll learn soon enough....:snicker:

kgun12
02-04-2004, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz

He'll learn soon enough....:snicker:

I know this won't be a popular statement, but I think we will learn soon enough that he wasn't that bad!

Look at B. Belichek reputation leaving Cleveland, he was the worst coach ever to lead a team, now he is a 2 time SB. coach.

Look at D. henning Buffalo fans thoght he was a terrible coach.

Buffalo said G. Parker was washed up! A. Smith sucked. There are many more examples. Looks like a trend to me!

Turf
02-04-2004, 06:07 AM
I can't think of any coach we ever let go that ever did anything noteworthy anywhere.
Players yes, because our owner doesn't like to pay coaches big money and doesn't like their ego. Thats why players we let go win championships everywhere else.

Jan Reimers
02-04-2004, 06:14 AM
It sounds to me that Williams and Bugel will be next in command under Gibbs, and that Blache will work for Williams and the OC for Bugel.

Why so much negativity about this?

kgun12
02-04-2004, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by Travis Hunter
I can't think of any coach we ever let go that ever did anything noteworthy anywhere.
Players yes, because our owner doesn't like to pay coaches big money and doesn't like their ego. Thats why players we let go win championships everywhere else.

On coaching I was trying to make the point that most coaches hardly ever do well there first go around. Yes Fox and Lewis are doing well, but let's see what they do in the next couple of years. I remember M. Shannah not doing to well in LA, but has 2 rings with Denver. As far as players and coaches go, I think Buffalo fans expept way too much. Championship are hard to come by. Developing team chemistry doesn't just happen. FA players are a gamble at best. Most players don't do as well with their new team as they did with their old one. Partly cause of chemistry partly cause of schemes. They just don't fit. I think when GW gets another head coaching job and he will, he will do much better. I'm not picking on us Bills fans cause I want a championship as much as the next guy. :drool: Remember S. Bowman has been a winner everywhere he has coach but you guessed it BUFFALO!

Valerie
02-04-2004, 11:05 AM
I hate the Redskins. It was much funnier when they went from coach to coach. I still can't believe Snyder was able to get Joe Gibbs to come back and coach. :( I was kinda hoping Gregg Williams would help ruin the team, but with a head coach like Gibbs, I don't see that happening. I'm going to die if the Skins are actually competitive in the coming years. :wail: