PDA

View Full Version : Zone Original: Top 5 Bills who need to step it up

LouGrant
02-04-2004, 09:16 AM
Tom Nazzaro pens an interesting article on who he thinks needs to pick up their game in the 2004 season.

The Buffalo Bills endured a very disappointing 2003 season compiling only 6 wins, and eventually changing coaches at the end of the season. Many fingers are pointed when losses mount, especially when management spends money to put a winning team on the field. With that said, here is a top five list, of which Bills players will need to step it up in this upcoming season.

5. Travis Henry:
It is hard to include Travis Henry on such a dubious list, when Henry embodied exactly what every player should have strived to be in 2003. Henry had another stellar season for the Bills, as he compiled over 1300 yards, and 10 rushing td's. So how could a guy who has arguably been the Bills best player be on this list?

Full story (http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/templates/view.php?action=YourSite_content&month=2&state=news&nid=8959)

lordofgun
02-04-2004, 10:08 AM
Nice article. Honestly, I don't care whether we bring Antonio Brown back or cut him.

to80td
02-04-2004, 10:17 AM
Great article. Couldn't agree more.

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-04-2004, 10:21 AM
My top five would look more like:

5. Eric Moulds
4. Jeff Posey
3. Tre Teague
2. Rian Lindell
1. Drew Bledsoe

Travis will always be Travis. He will give you everything he has.

I don't think Brown will be here.

I believe the Bills will draft a WR in the first round and delegate Reed to the 3rd receiver.

SABURZFAN
02-04-2004, 11:38 AM
my top 5

1.bledsoe-it's obvious
2.lindell-what a disappointment
3.r.brown-he was a Pro Bowl joke
4.teague-has this guy learned how to snap out of the shotgun?
5.denney-pull the boob out of his mouth and kick him in the @$$

lordofgun
02-04-2004, 12:53 PM
Lindell? I say cut him!

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-04-2004, 01:54 PM
OK, whoever the damn kicker is!!!!!

Matt Stover?
Doug Brien?
Steve Christie?
John "kickoff out of bounds" Kasay?
Todd Peterson?
A rookie?

I think Lindell is the kicker next year.

wazz
02-04-2004, 02:25 PM
it's a good article, but gotta disagree with the Henry points. it's not a case of him stepping it up. i don't think he can step up much further without turning him into superman. i think the point with Henry is that he can't under any circumstances let his standards drop at all. and as was mentioned this mainly means fumbling.

the rest are mostly fair points though and a good job all round. i think Reed will really think the only way to fixz all 5 problems is the offensive line (ok, except maybe brown, but well just see how that goes). if williams steps up under the coaching of McNally, in theory the wohle line will improve. as such Bledsoe will have time and so his game will be back to the good old days, the running game will still be awesome and with the new coaching hopefully there will be a balanced offence. a balanced offence means more space for recievers cosz the D doesn't stack up against one attack. this helps josh reed outand he'll get the good numbers we know he is capable of. a more balanced offence, utilising the running game will actually improve the running game, coz D will have to stop them so much that we open up the pass, which in turn oipens up the run, and we all are happy as larry.

GO BUFFALO

The_Philster
02-04-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
4. Jeff Posey

What more do you expect from Posey? He's a 3-4 OLB in a 4-3 scheme.

to80td
02-04-2004, 03:34 PM
I think Posey performed fine. Not everyone can or has to be a superstar. Posey's "problem" is that he's overshadowed my Spikes and Fletcher.

To gauge Posey's effectiveness, all I need to do is remind you of one thing... Eddie Robinson!

The_Philster
02-04-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by to80td
I think Posey performed fine. Not everyone can or has to be a superstar. Posey's "problem" is that he's overshadowed my Spikes and Fletcher.

To gauge Posey's effectiveness, all I need to do is remind you of one thing... Eddie Robinson!

I also have to think back to Bryce Paup..another 3-4 OLB whose performance slipped drastically in the 4-3

SABURZFAN
02-04-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by to80td

i agree.posey is an upgrade.don't be surprised if we draft somebody who will eventually take his job either.

elltrain22
02-04-2004, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. I thought about denney, but i passed since not much was expected out of him. Rien Lindell could've been chosen, but whether or not he made every single kick, would it have mattered w/ our slitty ( can't say it ) offense. Trey Teague definetely could've been there, as well as Rueben Brown, but i said Big Mike, just b/c we all thought he would've been a pro bowler by now. ( or at least i did ) Jeff Posey i thought did alright, not spectacular, but otay. ( but i can see the arguement ) Only one i would have even considered putting on there was Moulds, simply b/c he got hurt, and w/ a painful hammie that prob' never healed.

These are my opinions, and when ever i write, i don't necessarily always think my opinion is it, and i always like to hear the imput.

I still think eddie had a better debut w/ his article on Rivers. I wish i would've thought about that .

MTBillsFan
02-04-2004, 09:49 PM
Henry played his heart out...the top five guys who need to pick it up is our O-line. If those guys pick it up we're in the playoffs no problem! I'm not ready to give up on Drew!
GO BILLS!

juice
02-04-2004, 09:54 PM
Lawyer Milloy needs to step up with some picks.