• NC-BILLS44
    • Jul 2002

Bills Free Agents

Buffalo Bills Exclusive Rights Free Agents
    # Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Age Exp. College 2003 Role
    5 Travis Brown QB 6-3 215 26 2 Northern Arizona Third QB
    35 Joe Burns RB 5-9 215 24 2 Georgia Tech Backup
    50 Dominique Stevenson LB 6-0 235 26 2 Tennessee Backup

EFA - Exclusive Rights Free Agent (3 Players)
    Exclusive rights free agents are players with two or fewer years of experience who has no outside negotiating power. His rights belong to his 2003 club, provided that club makes him a minimum qualifying offer, which varies based on tenure. An EFA player may not speak with other teams, and has no other NFL options open to him other than dealing with his previous club.

Buffalo Bills Restricted Free Agents
    98 Ron Edwards DT 6-3 320 24 3 Georgia Backup; IR
    74 Marques Sullivan OT 6-5 325 25 3 Illinois Backup
    65 Ross Tucker G 6-4 316 24 3 Princeton Backup

RFA - Restricted Free Agent (3 Players)
    Restricted free agents are players who have completed three accrued seasons of service and whose contracts have expired. They have received qualifying offers from their old clubs and will be free to negotiate with any club until April 16, at which time their rights will revert to their original club. If a player accepts an offer from a new club, the old club will have the right to match the offer and retain the player. If the old club elects not to match the offer, that club may receive draft-choice compensation depending on the level of the qualifying offer made to the player.

Buffalo Bills Unrestricted Free Agents
    33 Sam Gash FB 6-0 242 34 12 Penn State Starter
    91 Keith McKenzie DE 6-3 267 30 8 Ball State Backup
    31 Sammy Morris RB 6-0 220 26 4 Texas Tech Backup
    52 DaShon Polk LB 6-2 240 26 4 Arizona Backup
    37 Dainon Sidney CB 6-0 197 28 5 Alabama-Birmingham Backup
    26 Antoine Winfield CB 5-9 180 26 5 Ohio State Starter

UFA - Unrestricted Free Agent (6 Players)
    Unrestricted free agents are players with four or more accrued seasons whose contracts have expired. They are free to sign with any club, with no compensation owed to their old club, through July 22 (or the first scheduled day of the first NFL training camp, whichever is later). On July 23, their rights revert to their old club if it made a "tender" offer (110 percent of last year's salary) to him by June 1. Their old club then has until the 10th week of the season (November 9) to sign them. If they do not sign by November 9, they must sit out the season. If no tender is offered by June 1, they can be signed by any club at any time throughout the season.
    Last edited by NC-BILLS44; 02-04-2004, 09:43 AM.
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

Nice! We could lose just about the whole list and it wouldn't matter much!
    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
      Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
      • Mar 2003

If Winny is smart he won't charge a huge salary. He won't get much on the open market w/ big names like Bailey, Woodson, Taylor, maybe even Law out there. We shouldn't have to break the bank to keep him. He is the best tackler, and a solid coverman. And we ALL know his one flaw. I hope we keep Gash. Clements should know better than to line up the classy guy as a reciever. However, we signed Shelton so that Gash's 2nd run w/ da Bills may be over.... It wud also be nice if we cud keep Polk or Stevenson and Burns or Morris for backup positions.
      "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
      -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Winfield_26
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Morris, Polk, Winfield, and all RFA's and EFA's I expect to be with the team next year.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

If the Bills want to tender each of the RFA and EFA they have enough cap room. The total would cost $3.5 mil. It would still give the Bills over $6.5 mil without any restructures or cuts.

Here are the tender values on each:

DT Ron Edwards $675,000
          G Marques Sullivan $675,000
          T Ross Tucker $675,000
          QB Travis Brown $675,000
          RB Joe Burns $400,000
          LB Dominique Stevenson $400,000

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Patrick76777
            • Jul 2002

I'd like to keep Tucker. I think that guy could be a very solid starter at G!
            Resign our own guys!

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

That Travis Brown gets the **** out of dodge. Why we never sen thim to NFLE is beyond me we could have solved his situation a while ago.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
                That Travis Brown gets the **** out of dodge. Why we never sen thim to NFLE is beyond me we could have solved his situation a while ago.
                At 675K for the #3 QB I say let him take a walk and bring in somebody else...hell, if the 'Fins cut Griese and/or Fiedler I would bring in either of them to be #2 (at the right money) cut AVP and save $400K and find a cheap #3.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer

At 675K for the #3 QB I say let him take a walk and bring in somebody else...hell, if the 'Fins cut Griese and/or Fiedler I would bring in either of them to be #2 (at the right money) cut AVP and save $400K and find a cheap #3.
                  Sounds good to me!

Comment

• Bert102176
                    • Aug 2002

I like Griese, wouldn't mind him with the Bills but I really hope we can draft Rivers I think he will be a really good QB in a couple of years and we have Bledsoe for 2 more years
                    lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                      short bus extraordinaire
                      • Jul 2002

let's not forget that there's plenty of QBs in this draft.we could upgrade the #3 QB(possibly the #2) spot with no problem.
                      Originally posted by yordad
                      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer

a late round draft pick would be the cheapest way if that were to happen.
                        Originally posted by yordad
                        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• wazz
                          • Jan 2004

am as confused as anyone as to why Brown was never sent across here for NFLE. he aint gettin looked at in buffalo, and NFLE would give him game experience. also it would show the team a hell of a lot. having been to a few of the games, the players that u think will make the step up are obvious. coz they are doing things ahead of time. like a QB, they are releasing the ball and hittin recievers quicker than the rest, and seeing blitzs which obviously aren't as complicated, a lot ealrier.

it shows a lot
                          www.billsaddiction.com

Comment

Working...
                          X