PDA

View Full Version : Rob Ray to return?

Makaveli
02-04-2004, 01:23 PM
Ottawa want Rob Ray back with the team for added toughness!

heres the story... http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=70921&hubName=nhl

maybe not directly Sabre related but I am sure everyone here would like to see Ray playing agaiN!

The_Philster
02-04-2004, 03:24 PM
Rob Ray as a Senator? :jawdrop:
I can't see him in anything but Sabres colors.

Ð
02-04-2004, 03:37 PM
News flash for the hockey-challenged. Rob Ray was traded to the Senators last year and played 5 reg season games for them.

Twistmyarm
02-04-2004, 04:02 PM
News flash for the hockey-challenged. Rob Ray was traded to the Senators last year and played 5 reg season games for them.

:rofl: did you sleep through that one Philster?

I think Razor should tell them to pound it in their ass!

I like the part in the article about him doing construction work by day. I kinda doubt razor is that strapped for cash!

The_Philster
02-04-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by keepdasabesinbuffalo
:rofl: did you sleep through that one Philster?

I think Razor should tell them to pound it in their ass!

I like the part in the article about him doing construction work by day. I kinda doubt razor is that strapped for cash!
I blocked it out of my mind....and I haven't kept up all that well since I lost Empire.

SABURZFAN
02-04-2004, 06:20 PM
there's no excuses Philster.:mad:

The_Philster
02-04-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
there's no excuses Philster.:mad:

Whatever, #78 :rolleyes: :snicker:

hurls
02-04-2004, 11:08 PM
Also, Ray denied talking to Muckler at all, but said he'd consider returning if asked. It was on WGR today.

Demon
02-05-2004, 10:46 AM
If they were after him, they arn't anymore..........

Senators get Simpson from Ducks for Schastlivy

February 5, 2004

ANAHEIM, United States (AFP) - The Ottawa Senators added much-needed toughness, acquiring defenseman Todd Simpson from the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim for injury-prone left wing Petr Schastlivy.

Ottawa has been looking for a physical presence since Saturday's penalty-filled 5-1 National Hockey League loss at Toronto. The search reportedly led to recently retired right wing Rob Ray but ended in Anaheim, where Simpson led the Ducks with 105 penalty minutes.

The 30-year-old defenseman showed newfound offensive prowess last month by scoring goals in a career-high three straight games. He had four goals and three assists in 46 games with Anaheim, his fourth team during a nine-year career.

Schastlivy has just two goals and four assists in 43 games. The 24-year-old Russian totaled nine goals and 10 assists in 33 games last season before undergoing surgery to repair a lower abdominal strain. He tore his right ACL in 2001-02 and missed the final four months of the season.

The Ottawa Senators added much-needed toughness, acquiring defenseman Todd Simpson from the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim for injury-prone left wing Petr Schastlivy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=afp-ihockey_nhl_senators&prov=afp&type=lgns

I the end I
02-08-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

I blocked it out of my mind....and I haven't kept up all that well since I lost Empire.

Rayzor does commentary between periods with Danny Gare. I'm sure he gets paid enough for that.