PDA

View Full Version : Briere Captain for February!

JD
02-04-2004, 02:29 PM
BRIERE NAMED CAPTAIN FOR FEBRUARY

Buffalo, NY (February 3, 2004) -- Sabres coach Lindy Ruff announced today that Daniel Briere has been named captain for the month of February. Briere concluded a prosperous January with 5 goals and 7 assists for 12 points, including 3 power-play points in his last two games.

Briere becomes the 17th captain in Sabres history following Miroslav Satan (October 2003), Chris Drury (November 2003), James Patrick (December 2003) and J.P. Dumont (January 2004) this season. Briere’s reign will be contingent on the team and his own performance during the month of February. Briere served as an alternate captain for the month of December.

Dmitri Kalinin and Jochen Hecht have been named the alternate captains for the month of February. Hecht finished January with 13 points (3+10), including a 4-game scoring streak (1/7-1/13) where he scored 6 points (1+5). Kalinin scored 7 points (1+6) in January, netted the game-winning goal versus Anaheim (1/2) and held Jaromir Jagr without a point in a home-and-home against the New York Rangers.

:fabulous:

qcsabresfan84
02-04-2004, 04:05 PM
Hecht will be next

Myers57
02-04-2004, 06:22 PM
Great choice, clearly agree and approve of the move!

SABURZFAN
02-04-2004, 06:23 PM
this is a bunch of crap.they need to give it to someone who's gonna be here for a while.it's no wonder that we're in the basement.ruff needs to go.:mad:

SkateZilla
02-04-2004, 06:27 PM
Briere is Our Best Player, And What Did It Cost Us?, Gratton, We Robbed Pheonix

hurls
02-04-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
this is a bunch of crap.they need to give it to someone who's gonna be here for a while.it's no wonder that we're in the basement.ruff needs to go.:mad:

Agreed. I think Dumont would have been a good choice as a repeat captain. Give it to someone for good, and let them be the leader. I wonder how J.P. felt.

pyrrhonist
02-05-2004, 07:31 PM
To preface, I agree that the rotating 'C' is a joke. It should be on 1 guy for an indefinite period of time. The captaincy isn't a lucky quarter, or some crap like that.

Now, on to our "current" captain----I say it is long overdue. Daniel has been busting his ass all season long, and is our current top point producer. He should have had it long ago, and he should continue to carry it past this month. :10:

hurls
02-05-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by pyrrhonist
To preface, I agree that the rotating 'C' is a joke. It should be on 1 guy for an indefinite period of time. The captaincy isn't a lucky quarter, or some crap like that.

Now, on to our "current" captain----I say it is long overdue. Daniel has been busting his ass all season long, and is our current top point producer. He should have had it long ago, and he should continue to carry it past this month. :10:

Agreed 100%, but Lindy will probably go to Hecht or someone in March.