PDA

View Full Version : draft scenerio?

MTBillsFan
02-04-2004, 03:37 PM
A thought just popped into my head... does anyone think that the patriots would trade up to get Fitzgerald at number 2 from the Raiders? They've got a ton of pics and the raiders need youth. Just a thought...whats your opinion?:feedback:

eyedog
02-04-2004, 03:55 PM
With all those picks I would be surprised if they didn't trade up for one of the premier players. Maybe their two #1's and a #2 and #3 to get into the top-5. They could still then get a running back in rd.2 and they will also need a defensive back with Law probably gone. With the coaching and players in place this team will be the team to beat for some time.

SABURZFAN
02-04-2004, 03:55 PM
if i were the Pats,i would trade up to get stephen jackson.

eyedog
02-04-2004, 04:05 PM
That would be a good move also. Then get the receiver in the 2nd round. Jackson is a load and the games I watched him play he can catch the ball out of the backfield too. Just another weapon for Brady.

mypoorfriendme
02-04-2004, 05:26 PM
with two super bowl wins in the last threeyears, their cap room has to be decreasing and there are still weak spots on that team. thats not to say they couldnt afford to sign someone top 5, but theyd lose out on their other pics and have to compensate somewhere with the money spent on who ever theyd get

mypoorfriendme
02-04-2004, 05:26 PM
the more i think about it though the more likely it seems, i think both the raiders and chargers are looking to trade down